What are the best springs to go with?

ModsAway

Established Member
Can you put the Race springs on a covertible? If not, would you please explain the reasons you would not or cannot have the race springs on a vert..

Thanks.

drkchk03svt

Established Member
I dont think they make them for the vert. But I dont know the reason behind that. I just could not find them on the internet. I would call MM and ask.

ModsAway

Established Member
TTT

Looks as though I am going to be calling MM sometime soon to order the super sports anyway but does anyone here know the reasoning behind the race springs not being available for the verts.?

KOOY

Established Member
What is the caster/camber plate? a kind of tool or an aftermarket part to accompany the aftermarket spring?

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by KOOY
What is the caster/camber plate? a kind of tool or an aftermarket part to accompany the aftermarket spring?

if you look on the top of your strut tower in the engine compartment where the strut bolts to the top of it. That bracket assembly is the caster/camber adjustment. When you change your suspension in any way it is best to have the car re-aligned and caster/camber is one of the adjustments. Depending on how much you lower the car, the factory adjustment may not allow the mechanic to align the car within spec. So they make aftermarket caster/camber plates that replace the factory and allow for a lot more adjusment. They also look really good to under the hood.

Users who are viewing this thread