What are the payments on your car/s?

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If you know a way of getting a constant 8% like clock work year after year for over 2 decades please let me know. There has been a lot of multiple year stretches where the S&P 500 produce 0 real gains. Just big swings up and big swings down.

Invest in electric transmission (American Transmission Company here in Wisconsin) companies which are guaranteed rate of return by the Public Service Commission and the rate of return is often in double digits. Unfortunately stock in these types of companies are not often open to the public....

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Too much. Truck is paid for but the S3 and SQ5 together are more than my mortgage.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
23k down and still have 444 payments? Wow expensive! They are nice but not worth it at all. Buy a new mkc for mid 30's. Finance 20 and you should be 300 a month with a decent if not 0 rate.

Assuming this is for me?

Yeah the new '16 Explorer Sports are $52k with the options I want. Used they are $42-45. Stupidly expensive for a Ford. I need the Explorer for a growing family and the power is for me. :) This is assuming 4 year note @ 2%. No 0% rates on used cars anywhere.

I'm going to wait it out, used car prices are continuing to drop.

Last edited:

Adower

Established Member
Assuming this is for me?

Yeah the new '16 Explorer Sports are $52k with the options I want. Used they are $42-45. Stupidly expensive for a Ford. I need the Explorer for a growing family and the power is for me. :) This is assuming 4 year note @ 2%. No 0% rates on used cars anywhere.

Yeah I wanted a explorer sport until the sticker shock slapped me in the face. Twin turbo would have been nice:)

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Invest in electric transmission (American Transmission Company here in Wisconsin) companies which are guaranteed rate of return by the Public Service Commission and the rate of return is often in double digits. Unfortunately stock in these types of companies are not often open to the public....

You can't invest directly in ATC, but instead WEC Energy Group. NYSE: WEC.

If you know a way of getting a constant 8% like clock work year after year for over 2 decades please let me know. There has been a lot of multiple year stretches where the S&P 500 produce 0 real gains. Just big swings up and big swings down.

A well managed fund will average beyond that over the long term.

Branhammer

Established Member
It's certainly not easy seeing any number come out of my bank account every month after going the first 15 years of my driving life without ever having a payment, but it's also nice having a car that's newer than ten years old.

Regulars520

Established Member
99 Cobra paid off. 07 GT500 42,000 miles paid 20k for it. Payments are $300 month, but I pay $500 to get er done early. First car I financed in 20 years.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
$300 for Gen
$150 for Fusion

Once fusion is done itll be ~$450 for a 15+ GT.

I hate car payments but its the price to pay for reliable transportation.

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
Assuming this is for me?

I'm going to wait it out, used car prices are continuing to drop.

I think the new Explorer Sports are worth every penny of that $55,000 they cost brand new, but they are just a little too small in my opinion. My wife had '13 Sport and I never got used to how small it was. Few minor problems I have with the new Explorer (2016+): How and why Ford doesn't equip the new Explorer with LED's all the way around (tail lights, blinkers, etc) is beyond me. A $60,000 SUV should have this from the factory, and is that plastic running trim around the bottom? (bumper, sides, etc). I think I have PTSD from the plastic trim pieces that Ford used to put on the Expedition for years, looked awful. Here is a picture for reference:

Zf7DwQc.jpg

Personally I am waiting anxiously for the 2018 Ford Expedition/Navigator to make it's debut.

Last edited:

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
Every time I go to a ford dealer to buy a new work van.I get the bug to get a new mustang.So now I pay cash for a rusty aerostar.3 aerostars in 5 years,gets you to the tiles for a couple Cobras real quick.I hate banks.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Okay I'll be the only SVTer that admits to not getting free vehicles by winning bench press competitions. My '15 F-150 Lariat $670/mo. My Wife's '15 Exploder Limited $532/mo. I pay $800/month on the truck and $700 month on the Exp. The F was a 63 month loan and the Exp was a 66 month loan.

Regulars520

Established Member
Excellent price on that car - I wish I could find one that inexpensive!

It was a excellent buy. It had a few minor issues, but nothing worth dropping the price down as low as it was. I have fixed all the issues and am actually getting ready to repaint it with stripe delete. Like in the next few hours Ill be priming it lol

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I think the new Explorer Sports are worth every penny of that $55,000 they cost brand new, but they are just a little too small in my opinion. My wife had '13 Sport and I never got used to how small it was. Few minor problems I have with the new Explorer (2016+): How and why Ford doesn't equip the new Explorer with LED's all the way around (tail lights, blinkers, etc) is beyond me. A $60,000 SUV should have this from the factory, and is that plastic running trim around the bottom? (bumper, sides, etc). I think I have PTSD from the plastic trim pieces that Ford used to put on the Expedition for years, looked awful. Here is a picture for reference:

View attachment 62744

Personally I am waiting anxiously for the 2018 Ford Expedition/Navigator to make it's debut.

The Explorer feels huge when you're driving it. The 3' of dash in front of you before the massive flat hood is probably to blame for that. We got rid of our '11 Limited because the wife hated how big it was. I had lobbied for a Sport on and off but she always said they were too expensive. So instead we wind up with an SQ5 that costs way more. Women. :bash: Whatever, at least it hauls ass. :D

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
The Explorer feels huge when you're driving it. The 3' of dash in front of you before the massive flat hood is probably to blame for that. We got rid of our '11 Limited because the wife hated how big it was. I had lobbied for a Sport on and off but she always said they were too expensive. So instead we wind up with an SQ5 that costs way more. Women. :bash: Whatever, at least it hauls ass. :D

The Audi SQ5s are very nice. My neighbor has one

Users who are viewing this thread