What are y'all paying for a haircut these days?

MG0h3

Established Member
Got sick of the time wasted for such a simple haircut so I bought a set of Wahl clippers and two mirrors back in 04’.

4 on top
2 on the side
3 to blend it.

Has the tapered guards to fade around the ears.

You may wonder if I go round or square in the back.

Well, a square Tupperware lid doesn’t conform to the back of your neck very well, so round it is.

Under 10min and I’m done.

Too easy.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I use to cut my own hair but got tired of having it look like crap, or looking like a skin head. My wife told me about a new barber shop that opened up by our house, tried him and his cut's started at 25 bucks now after Bidenflation he is up to 30. They do a great job, plus I get some free beer or beers, I have been offered the hard liquor but I don't want to be stumbling out of the place, LOL.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Been using a 30 year old Wahl my mom bought back in the 90s you plug directly in the wall until I splurged and got a cordless in the end of 2020 so I could safely trim everything in the shower and not have to clean the counter and floor off of all my hair.
The Wahl is still used when the battery is way down, the cordless basically is cutting like a weed eater on the last few volts Of juice and just slapping weeds.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I haven’t been to a barber in years, lol either keep a high’n’tight with my clippers or just shave it clean with safety razor. I finally wore out my wahl, it was probably 20 + years old. I got Philips Norelco a about a year ago. Took some getting used to after using the wahl for twenty f’ng years.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
$30+ 25% for a trim every 3 months. I have long hair (for a guy) so it can grow for a while before its ready to trim.

JimCSHO

Established Member
Now $36 plus a $10 tip. They used to have beer available, but the downtown restaurants complained.

The place I went to in Winston Salem was $35 and included a hot towel treatment. Plus they had a beer cooler and the woman who cut my hair often had a bottle of whiskey to share. It was all female stylists but the clientele was all male.

cobracide

Established Member
Buy once and then free for life. About the cost of two or three cuts.

lj0yc0lkuxl0y3eof7rb_e8h3nz63qg9yigcp.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I haven’t been to a barber in years, lol either keep a high’n’tight with my clippers or just shave it clean with safety razor. I finally wore out my wahl, it was probably 20 + years old. I got Philips Norelco a about a year ago. Took some getting used to after using the wahl for twenty f’ng years.

I used an old ass Wahl for the longest time then saw a new set at the store for like $20 or something cheap like that and I was in disbelief. Been cutting my hair this whole time with this old ass thing thinking it was gonna cost me $150 or something for a new set haha. I think I screwed up my hair the first time with the new one because it was so much more efficient and I was trying to cut it the same way I did with the old one.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I used an old ass Wahl for the longest time then saw a new set at the store for like $20 or something cheap like that and I was in disbelief. Been cutting my hair this whole time with this old ass thing thinking it was gonna cost me $150 or something for a new set haha. I think I screwed up my hair the first time with the new one because it was so much more efficient and I was trying to cut it the same way I did with the old one.
Yeah they aren’t that bad, you can get the bougie ones for a hundy+ but I stick to the basics.. nothing on the sides, fade into the top… usually go with 4 on top

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Yeah they aren’t that bad, you can get the bougie ones for a hundy+ but I stick to the basics.. nothing on the sides, fade into the top… usually go with 4 on top

I keep the top longer cause I don't want to be trying to cut it for a style so I can run it over with as low as a 6 and just kind of eye it for equal length cause it will just blend together in the end. I do a 3 on the lower portion and blend it up to a 5 til it matches the top. It looks fine to me and I haven't heard anyone say I look like a ****ing retard yet, so there's that.

Users who are viewing this thread