What are you looking for in an exhaust system?

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We're tooling up for the 2011 cars and just don't want to make another "exhaust." We're looking to get feedback from you, the consumer, on what you'd really like to see in a kit for these cars.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Horse Power!!!! lol

An exhaust system with a couple of electric dumps after the manifolds/headers would be cool but probably wouldnt be cost effective.

AmnDucky

Established Member
I like the sound/volume of my muffler deletes. I want to hear better resonators in place of the stock ones with no mufflers, and an X-pipe. I like the look too.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I want something that offers decent HP gains, sounds similar to the old Mac Flowpaths on my '87 5.0 Foxbody and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I mean there are alot of catbacks that are over $800, and some of the axle backs (which is nothing more than two mufflers with hangers) are over $600. :shrug:

Last edited:

stevo1986

Established Member
I always liked the sound of the old school 5.0, you know, that pretty common flowmaster sound, like elenaor in gone in 60 seconds. Ive been told that the mod motors arent going to be able to make the same tone. Im going to be purchasing a new 5.0 in the next few months and would love an exhaust that offers that.

07TorchRedGT

Established Member
Id like less rasp in the exhaust tone. So far the only exhaust I've heard that I liked is the Flowmaster hushpower. Maybe a Catted H pipe or offroad H pipe would help.

CobraGixxer

Established Member
I bought the flowmaster hushpowers for my 2011 because all the other exhausts systems out there were raspy. But I would like to see a company just make the midpipe to axleback pipes to delete the resonators and squashed tubing on the stock exhaust.

Driver72

Established Member
Catback system that goes right up to H pipe

15-20% louder than stock but with similar deep/aggressive sound quality
No drone, no marble sounding rasp
Modest power gains (anything over 5 hp would be fine)
Lighter in weight than stock
Nice looking tips that aren't all flash but aren't dull
Priced right

Oh and possibly offer an X pipe version as well. :D

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I want something that offers decent HP gains, sounds similar to the old Mac Flowpaths on my '87 5.0 Foxbody and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I'm mean there are alot of catback that are over $800, and some of the axle backs (which is nothing more than two mufflers with hangers) are over $600. :shrug:

I've got a fox car, and while I love the sound, it's extremely difficult to duplicate the sound of an old pushrod motor with mufflers prior to the axle.

Now your second concern is likely something we can address.

I bought the flowmaster hushpowers for my 2011 because all the other exhausts systems out there were raspy. But I would like to see a company just make the midpipe to axleback pipes to delete the resonators and squashed tubing on the stock exhaust.

Good Info. Keep it coming folks.

Last edited:

351inside

Established Member
something under 400 dollars... Lightweight, effective mufflers, Something that muscular. Thats what i would like...

Like z28this said. its just two mufflers and tips. I can buy two mufflers, two tips and take it to my local muffler shop and have an axle back made for under 300 bucks, but since you will make a bolt on kit i wouldnd mind paying the extra 100 bucks knowing i could do the install myself...

I love the way my friends 3v with Longtubes, off road H pipe and GTA's sound. Doesnt sound as good as his brothers 04 cobra with flows though lol But like you said i know it would be hard to duplicate those sounds!

venumus93

Established Member
Catback system that goes right up to H pipe

15-20% louder than stock but with similar deep/aggressive sound quality
No drone, no marble sounding rasp
Modest power gains (anything over 5 hp would be fine)
Lighter in weight than stock
Nice looking tips that aren't all flash but aren't dull
Priced right

Oh and possibly offer an X pipe version as well. :D

+1.

I LOVE my '93 5.0 with Flomaster catback...but I (and my kids who ride backseat) can do without the drone on my 2011.

Oh, and I want it street legal.

Thanks,
Sean

ViciousJay

Established Member
Hey Jesse,

give us something along the lines of a flowmaster/Mac/Borla sound under 400, thats semi chambered. Nothing raspy but something that's throaty. Id love to see a pro chamber h pipe developed but im not holding my breathe

btw great looking gt500, where dim stock wheels at sir?

Last edited:

FormulaFord

Established Member
Quality and Fit important.

No raspy sound or drone.

Exhaust tips important.

Price! I think some of the companies have lost touch. After all these are exhaust pipes.

slyguy

Established Member
I also bought the HushPower axle backs - I liked the deep tone and the lack of raspiness and no drone is why I bought them.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I really loved the sound of my FR500 that I had on the 99' Cobra. Very quiet up till about 2500 RPM and then sounded like a race car after that.

Users who are viewing this thread