What brake pads are you running?

1fst97gt

Established Member
Needing to get new front pads and wanted to see what people are using and getting the best results from.

Looking for something with obviously low dust and priced right.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
I'm still running the ones Ford put in there. And they seem to work well and don't make a lot of dust.

Last edited:

1fst97gt

Established Member
How do you guys feel about ceramics pads? I have drilled and slotted rotors and have been told not to use ceramics pads with them. Your thoughts?

dynamo

Established Member
i haver drilled and slotted rotaters with ceramic pads
just got them only 100 miles on them no problems.

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Im running Hawk HPS street pad in the back. Love them! (Low dust.)

Running Brembo street pad in the front. Hate them! (Too much dust.)

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I have Carbotech Bobcat 1521 performance ceramic pads in the front and I hate them. They don't brake worth a damn until they are heated up. Based on what everyone was saying, I thought these were great pads to run on the street. Nope. They are super hard and there is little stopping power when they are cold.

I'm going to go to the tried and true Hawk HPS pads. Probably going to go with this kit: 1994-2004 (Front) 13" Cobra/Mach1 BLANK ZINC Rotors + hawk pads, Speed Concepts They have cross drilled and slotted rotors for $10 more, but I don't like how our pads only wear out some of the section that is drilled and slotted, so I am just going blank.

Users who are viewing this thread