What breaks on gt500's after 70k miles?

rfugio68

Established Member
Well guys I found an insane deal on a 2010 gt500 with 70k miles at the local dealer, I'm debating on getting a warranty or not. What do you guys think?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If its an aftermarket warranty, dont bother. They wont cover shit and just blame any issues on you the owner.

If you dont plan on driving it much (ie not your DD) I wouldnt worry about the mileage being an issue. If you can get an insane deal on it, grab it up.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I'm pretty sure they are WAY too many variables to really answer that question.

I highly doubt every 2010 had issues @ 70k miles and the ones that did, I'm sure none of them would have been the same thing. Then you have to worry about the maintenance, what mods were on the car, how did the previous owner(s) drive the car. What type of conditions was it driven in? Ya... pretty much.

If you're really worried about spending on money on something that might break, take it to a professional mechanic to over look it, do some leak down/compression tests, etc. If it seems too good to be true, then it is.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Define insane deal.

If you purchase an extended warranty, don't mod as they usually send someone to inspect the vehicle.

rfugio68

Established Member
If its an aftermarket warranty, dont bother. They wont cover shit and just blame any issues on you the owner.

If you dont plan on driving it much (ie not your DD) I wouldnt worry about the mileage being an issue. If you can get an insane deal on it, grab it up.
It's a ford dealer and it will be replacing my DD 75k mile 5.0. I don't plan on modding it for a while haha

I'm pretty sure they are WAY too many variables to really answer that question.

I highly doubt every 2010 had issues @ 70k miles and the ones that did, I'm sure none of them would have been the same thing. Then you have to worry about the maintenance, what mods were on the car, how did the previous owner(s) drive the car. What type of conditions was it driven in? Ya... pretty much.

If you're really worried about spending on money on something that might break, take it to a professional mechanic to over look it, do some leak down/compression tests, etc. If it seems too good to be true, then it is.
The car has springs and a corsa exhaust, pulley and sc seem untouched. Maintenance doesn't bother me it's big ticket items such as trans that worry me.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member

damn that is a sick deal.

i bought my 07 well out of warranty and wasnt worried about it. i know these cars are super stout and the main failure issue on my year was the clutch, which did eventually fail after a few years. the 2010 have much better clutches. other than that they are mostly the same. i dont think there is really anything to worry about on it. as mentioned, it depends on the car was driven and maintained

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Your wallet.:D

That's a really good deal on the surface.

Everything check out? Oasis report?

ShiftyThePirate

Established Member
Well guys I found an insane deal on a 2010 gt500 with 70k miles at the local dealer, I'm debating on getting a warranty or not. What do you guys think?

Depends on which one you buy. When I had my SRT I extended it TWICE and it covered literally everything, and considering Dodge replaced damn near 18k in that car, for sure worth it (so many things went bad)

If you DO buy an extended warranty obv make sure it's one you can use @ Ford dealerships, with the Dodge there was a website that offered insanely discounted prices, it was http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/ and it was fully covered @ any dealership. If you waited a day they send you a 200$ coupon lol, totally worth it + it includes free loaner for the first day, and if a problem, up to 5 days. Something Ford does not even offer with the stock warranty, I have not checked up on their extended warrantys though, but I will be buying one.

SuperFly03

Established Member
24 for a '10? Something is wrong... No idea what but that's just absurdly low. So low it would scare me really.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Car has some kind of issue they are hiding, deals that are to good to be true usually are. When you do find the one you want save your money spent on a warranty for mods, your on here and you will mod so the warranty is out the window.

Users who are viewing this thread