What business would you start?

99hissss

Snake in the Gas
Established Member
I would start a supply store for Police and Fire/EMS. There are only a couple of places like this where I live, and I've always seen the need for a place which has almost ANYTHING that might be needed to properly do the job. The local places have such limited inventory.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Funeral home. Sick to say but if you've got a good enough name within the local community than you're pretty much always garunteed business.

Where I'm from there wouldn't be enough business for the dyno/speed store type of establishment to keep it afloat. I'd have to turn it into a ricer type place to make any income, and I sure as hell would not do that.

Last edited:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
I hope to start a pawnshop someday, worked in one for a while and loved the work a lot. Plus there really isnt a well run one in this area. I think it would be an excellent oportunity.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I have always wanted to own a Carwash. I have a perfect place picked out with a ton of traffic and the closest one is 20 minutes away. They are goldmines when operated professionally and properly.

Restaurants scare the hell out of me. Managing an auto parts store, if I order too much of something, it sits on the shelf until it sells. A restaurant, you have to throw it away. The restaurant business is tough and I respect anyone who tries it!

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i have been thinking about a handcarwash like the one my godfather owns in Katy, Tx. i own and operate my windshield repair business from his carwash location and i think it would be cool to have the carwash as well as my windshield repair company at the same location.

i would like to have a performance shop but i do not have nearly enough knowledge to be efficient in that business, so i'll just make take some money and build my own personal shop with all the goodies to work on mine and friends' cars.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
I have always wanted to own a Carwash. I have a perfect place picked out with a ton of traffic and the closest one is 20 minutes away. They are goldmines when operated professionally and properly.

Restaurants scare the hell out of me. Managing an auto parts store, if I order too much of something, it sits on the shelf until it sells. A restaurant, you have to throw it away. The restaurant business is tough and I respect anyone who tries it!
I forgot about the car-wash. My father was just about I I that close to buying the one here in town, but decided not to with the water shortage and drought we have going on here, plus we have had 3 large ones move in since then. If I lived in a larger city, a topless, bikini or full nude car-wash would be cool.

94slowbra

Established Member
My name is Eddie

yes ft wayne does need one!

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Funeral home business, I've been dying to try that one! ;-)

I had a IT consultancy company back in the late 90's in which I sold all my clients off to another company for a hefty sum. I stayed with the IT for awhile while working more into Automotive marketing. I also helped in the implementations of many of the raves in Detroit from 96-99, which profited very well until I got sick of the “Scene”.

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
Not actually "starting" my own business. Franchise a SUBWAY!!! I did and I now franchise 6, you can't lose on franchising Subways. Trust me.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
CATMACH said:
A dragstrip, Ft Wayne needs one.

Yes it does. I love in Huntertown...and it REALLY sucks they closed the 1/8th in Avilla. They were thinking about building a 1/4 mile track where Smith Field is but they put into consideration all of the residence by it. :cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread