• Screaming Yellow

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Competition Orange

Votes: 7 9.2%

• Total voters

AZ SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by rmvurhdfmurass
Just curious to the dispersion of colors...

You don't list Infra Red, the red color for 2002. Although, I am suspicious about the red changing at all even though the 2003 broshure lists Vermillian Red.

Last edited:

rmvurhdfmurass

Established Member
Re: Re: What color is your focus?

Originally posted by AZ SVT
You don't list Infra Red, the red color for 2002. Although, I am suspicious about the red changing at all even though the 2003 broshure lists Vermillian Red.

Sorry to you 2002 guys.... I wasn't aware they changed the name of red. Is it fair to say that Vermillian Red and Infra Red are the same color?

AZ SVT

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: What color is your focus?

Originally posted by rmvurhdfmurass
Sorry to you 2002 guys.... I wasn't aware they changed the name of red. Is it fair to say that Vermillian Red and Infra Red are the same color?

Per rmvurhdfmurass request, I added Infra Red to the poll. But I have my doubts about the color change, if any. I think Vermillian Red was a Ford color before 2003 so they are probably two different colors yet other Ford information has said things like the colors are carrying over except for dropping Sonic blue at some point and adding the yellow and orange.

For the 2003 owners, does your sticker say Vermillian Red or Infra Red or ??? Can a 2002 and 2003 red SVTF owner post the color code from the door jam so we can tell if there is a difference?

ASUFocusSVT

Established Member
Mine is E4, and I am not sure if that is Vermillion or Infra, but when I got some touch up paint for that code it says Vermillion on the Bottle

Infra-Red SVT

Established Member
The window sticker on my '02 reads Infra-Red My door code reads E4. I have gone to the dealer and have seen a red '03 SVTF and i was curious on what they called the new red. The sticker read Infra-Red on the '03 SVTF. I hope this helps. But the '03 SVTF brochure reads Vermillion Red. What's up with that? Why in the world is SVT carrying over the same colors for the '04 year on the Focus? Lets see something new people!!!

babysvt

Established Member
I am pretty sure that Infra-red and Vermillion are the same color. I have an '02 Infra-red and received touch up paint from Ford in the mail and the color listed on the touch up paint says E4/Vermillion. Hope this is helpful.

AZ SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Infra-Red SVT
The window sticker on my '02 reads Infra-Red My door code reads E4. I have gone to the dealer and have seen a red '03 SVTF and i was curious on what they called the new red. The sticker read Infra-Red on the '03 SVTF. I hope this helps. But the '03 SVTF brochure reads Vermillion Red. What's up with that? Why in the world is SVT carrying over the same colors for the '04 year on the Focus? Lets see something new people!!!

Exactly what I suspected. Notice the 02 and 03 reds have the same paint code. They screwed up the broshures. LOL

Street Racer

Established Member
Curious?

Are these colors strictly ford colors? Meaning if I wanted to paint some aftermarket parts would I have to order the paint through ford or would someone else carry that paint? :shrug:

nocarey

Established Member
sure would like to see the Mystic color package on the SVT Focus :D

Last edited:

a64armt

Established Member
Red is red is red. although, you don't have dirty unwashed red listed either! Mine is more of a brown/unpaved road red than a Infra-Red.

I wonder if we could win a class action law suit against FoMoCo for selling us an infra-red car when infrared is actually outside the human visual range....................................................:rollseyes

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Originally posted by wagonman72
Oh by the way SILVER is THE FASTEST color, and I know you all agree.
Right.

I like the silver as well. I just got back from the Ford dealership down here and I saw a SVT Focus in Silver and I'm pretty sure it had the European package? It looked very nice though

AZ SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by a64armt
I wonder if we could win a class action law suit against FoMoCo for selling us an infra-red car when infrared is actually outside the human visual range....................................................

Please be more carefull a64; what if some trial lawyer sees your post? They will blame every accident involving a ref SVTF on invisible cars and start a huge class action suit that will drive all our insurance up even higher. :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread