What combo's have run 11's with eaton on stock bottom end?

TJ@RPMtrans

Established Member
I need to get an 11 out of my truck. Its another shop race.
I ran 12.29 at 113 last year.

My combo is a ported blower,4lb lower, stock upper intake and tb, jlt cold air, stock exhaust, e-fans, cobra-r water pump, precision industries converter, built transmission, 28x10.5-16, and a 40 shot. I ran that last fall on a pretty hot day.

I was thinking of getting a tb and intake, and long tubes, with high flow cats and a cat back, and a 6lb lower.

I'd like to take the nitrous off of it.

Let me know what you think.

TJ@RPMtrans

Established Member
I guess that noone has run 11's with the stock bottom end and the eaton? I cant find anything on it with the search button, but I'm sure that I read it somewhere...

chrisheltra

Established Member
Im close Ive ran a 12.15 with Intake, stage 4 ported blower, 6# lower, PI 2600, tune, exhaust, cal-tracs, and slicks

Since then Ive added meth injection so hopefully in cooler weather that will get me in the 11's.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
buddy of mine had a built bottom end in his truck and went 11.88 on nittos with a 6lb lower and a ported blower. the motor was just rods and pistons no cams or ported heads or anything like that.

chrisheltra

Established Member
I guess that noone has run 11's with the stock bottom end and the eaton?

buddy of mine had a built bottom end in his truck and went 11.88

headscratch.gif

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
not sure why him having a built short block makes a difference it would have done the same thing on a stock long block

pretty sure black04 has been 11.60's on slicks when he had an eaton and his stock motor

TJ@RPMtrans

Established Member
This is what I was looking for...

I was thinking of a set of 4.10's as well.

I just need an 11.99 out of the truck before Jason here at the shop runs that with his 03 SS truck, he went 12.15 the other night...

chrisheltra

Established Member
not sure why him having a built short block makes a difference it would have done the same thing on a stock long block

If I had a built block I could and would be able to push my truck much further. 11's are no problem with a built block.

I have a friend who has a built block and a ported eaton. He spins that damn thing to 20-21 pounds of boost. I wouldnt dare do that with a stock block.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
If I had a built block I could and would be able to push my truck much further. 11's are no problem with a built block.

I have a friend who has a built block and a ported eaton. He spins that damn thing to 20-21 pounds of boost. I wouldnt dare do that with a stock block.

like i said he coulda done it with a stock long block it only had a 6lb lower

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
11's with the stock bottom end is a great time to get, but most of the time it will not last.

todd abbott

Established Member
You need a torque converter, lets start there as thats 3 tenths with traction, add long tubes w/ high flows, catback, 4 pound lower, a good tune, throttle body, efan, traction bars, slicks/street slicks, driveshaft loop, I got to around 12.50's on this combo without the converter so my guess you'd be close if not in.

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member

pretty sure black04 has been 11.60's on slicks when he had an eaton and his stock motor
To the best of my knowledge, a built shortblock will generally have a slightly higher CR amirite?

You need a torque converter, lets start there as thats 3 tenths with traction, add long tubes w/ high flows, catback, 4 pound lower, a good tune, throttle body, efan, traction bars, slicks/street slicks, driveshaft loop, I got to around 12.50's on this combo without the converter so my guess you'd be close if not in.

Maybe I missed it in that list, but how about upgrading the trans valvebody while your at it?

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
Rob (of LR fame) ran a 4# lower combo with a 75 Zex shot into the 11s. Al Walker of Jersey ran 11.8s with a stock bottom, stock unported Eaton and a six # lower/2.8 upper combo. JDM tuned. Had ALL the boltons.

Jim

DolSVT00

Established Member
heck, I ran a 7.40 @94 in the 1/8th on the stock long block I know it would have been good for an 11.6-11.7 in the 1/4........ Problem was, a rod ejected at the 1/8 mile mark. (8# lower 2.80 upper, Meth injection, c16, ported blower, ported intake ported, throttle body, ported lower intake,ported midplate, 98mm intake tube, VB, No cats, Magnaflo CB, Home made cold air pick up with parts found at a plumbing store,No passenger seat, No tailgate, No spare, No swaybar, 16" immitation skinnies out front and 16" Hoosier 28x10 slicks 24* locked timing on an e-mail tune)

It took a boatload of timing and weight reduction to do it too.

I still have not beat that even on my built block that I have now, but then again I have not tried (re gathered my nutz) to run crazy timing yet or do major weight reduction or run in cool weather. Best I have been able to pull with my current built motor/ ported eaton is a 7.59 on 14* of timing in the southern heat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread