What did I just do.... LOL help

351wvan

Established Member
Well I have a 87 Mustang GT and I just rebuild the heads, my problem is my tachometer was working before and after the rebuild heads it stop working. toplug My question is did I forget a wire or ground wire. Any advise will be helpful thanks.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
that's interesting. You obviously forgot a wire somewhere. I thought the tach was driven off the dizzy. But Ive never had an 87 so maybe it doesn't have the big plug that plugs into it. Maybe someone else can chime in.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
87's still have the TFI. I'd check that harness first to make sure one of the pins didn't come loose. And there is only one ground wire you could have forgotten, and that's the one that goes from the back of the drivers side head to the firewall.

Also check the connections at the salt/pepper shakers.

351wvan

Established Member
87's still have the TFI. I'd check that harness first to make sure one of the pins didn't come loose. And there is only one ground wire you could have forgotten, and that's the one that goes from the back of the drivers side head to the firewall.

Also check the connections at the salt/pepper shakers.

Oh thats right LOL I had this wire and extra bolt and I was like WTF so left it in my tool box lol. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread