What did you ACTUALLY pay for your Cobra?

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Bought my 03 Mineral Grey in '06 with 25K miles for $23K. Sold in '18 with 50K miles for $22K.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Curious to hear what buyers actually paid versus what the sellers asking price was over the last couple of years?
While a lot of folks have posted what they paid for their Cobras decades ago, OP asked about the "last couple of years", which is when the prices went up significantly. Good topic and interesting to find out if these asking prices over the last three years are really fetching that kind of cash.

I bought my first Cobra in 2003 and sold in 2010. Not relevant. I bought my second Cobra, which is a vert, in Dec, 2020 for $22,750. Had 54,500 miles on it at purchase. Stock except for Spec II clutch. Was in really good condition, but have extensively detailed it since and would ask more for it if I sold it.

Granted, it's a convertible and has medium mileage on it. The ones that seem to be the hot, higher priced offerings are the low mileage coupes.

Last edited:

Goocher0310th

Established Member
Bought my SM 10th Ann. Vert end of July 2019. I paid 28k with 9200 miles on it.

Had a couple of mods on it. Full bassani exhaust from m/l headers back and a 2.93 pulley.

Quite a few more mods on it now, but have kept all stock parts that have come off of it.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Bought mine at probably the worst time to buy one. I got a bone stock 03 Torch Red vert with 71K miles, paid $30K. I know that's pretty bad. Some of the cars I've seen pop up since and for less money is kind of depressing but, oh well, I want to keep the car forever, I'm not trying to Smigiel it.

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Bought mine at probably the worst time to buy one. I got a bone stock 03 Torch Red vert with 71K miles, paid $30K. I know that's pretty bad. Some of the cars I've seen pop up since and for less money is kind of depressing but, oh well, I want to keep the car forever, I'm not trying to Smigiel it.

Well it's disturbing to me knowing we paid more for our 90 7 up edition vert and a lot more for our 93 reef blue hatch than the cobra. Different times though.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Well it's disturbing to me knowing we paid more for our 90 7 up edition vert and a lot more for our 93 reef blue hatch than the cobra. Different times though.

Who knows, maybe the Terminator is the future Boss 429 and I can look back and be like "Ya know, $30K wasn't too bad." We'll see about that.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Who knows, maybe the Terminator is the future Boss 429 and I can look back and be like "Ya know, $30K wasn't too bad." We'll see about that.

Don’t Monday QB what pricing you could have bought something for similarly don’t do the same selling. You’ll go mad. Trust me, I have more regrets and may I should have held out and ask more than buys but if you felt good within the timeframe keep with that mindset. Someone is always gonna get top dollars no matter what & someone is always gonna score a better deal.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

you will.

Don’t Monday QB what pricing you could have bought something for similarly don’t do the same selling. You’ll go mad. Trust me, I have more regrets and may I should have held out and ask more than buys but if you felt good within the timeframe keep with that mindset. Someone is always gonna get top dollars no matter what & someone is always gonna score a better deal.

that's exactly right. with an emotional purchase such as this, money is a secondary factor. the first consideration is that you are getting what you want.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I purchased my 03 from a member here back in 2006 for $18,000 with about 6,000 miles.

Fast forward Ten years and the original owner Pm'ed me wanting to buy it back. I sold it and delivered it to Pennsylvania. $30,000

Fast forward 8 months later. Original owner called me and asked if I wanted it back. I said yes but only had $18,000 after kitchen remodel. He had lost his job, accepted the offer.

I'm into mine minus mods for about $6000.00

prs97

Established Member
Don’t Monday QB what pricing you could have bought something for similarly don’t do the same selling. You’ll go mad.
If we want to go crazy on what we should have paid, just look at the recent 2000 Cobra R prices.

Bananas!

DCguy

Established Member
Bought mine in November of 2020 just before everything shut down and prices skyrocketd. I'm in VA and it was a 2-owner SoCal car. Black car....had sat for a bit and needed some love but being in SoCal its whole life it was ultra clean underneath with no rust whatsover. The interior was mint and the engine bay was well done. Being a modified car that had been touched by a couple shops it did have some hackery I discovered, ie booster pump not even hooked up, grounds not connected properly, had a tune on it from 10 years ago etc....

Paid $22k + $2k shipping and it had 25K miles. KB 2.2 car with Comp cams, clutch, and some suspension mods and FR500 wheels. Enjoyed the car for a bit but since then i've parted the entire car out....made $15k off the parts so essentially I turned it into an $7k shell....nothing but the glass in it. Its now getting fully built ie Teksid, VMP, MS3, etc...

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Seems like lots of well bought Cobra's. I am wondering if the prices are real world or what you told your wife's that you paid.
Some of our wife's don't care what it costs. Mine bought her 67 fastback which cost almost 4x what the cobra did.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Some of our wife's don't care what it costs. Mine bought her 67 fastback which cost almost 4x what the cobra did.

My sent me the ad to mine and told me to buy it.

muscleatsrice

Established Member
I purchased my 03 from a member here back in 2006 for $18,000 with about 6,000 miles.

Fast forward Ten years and the original owner Pm'ed me wanting to buy it back. I sold it and delivered it to Pennsylvania. $30,000

Fast forward 8 months later. Original owner called me and asked if I wanted it back. I said yes but only had $18,000 after kitchen remodel. He had lost his job, accepted the offer.

I'm into mine minus mods for about $6000.00

That’s a win!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BLK03SVT24

Established Member
03 black coupe for $18.5k with 32k miles from the original owner back in 2011.
Was bone stock but had to paint the hood and front bumper due to the factory peeling.

efnfast

Established Member
Paid ~20K back in 2007ish with 10k miles on it. 04, silver, convertible.

Now have around 275k miles

A few weeks ago some rando approached me and offered me $40k for it.

Last week in a parkade another rando approached me and offered me $45k for it. Told him the mileage and he offered me $35k.

In the last several years I've usually had 4 or 5 people during a year randomly stop me (parking lot, on the street, etc.), ask if that's a terminator, and then proceed to make me a cash offer.

Car's been good to me so I have no desire to sell it; plus anything I'd replace it with would be over $100k anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread