What did you do for your Terminator today?

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome. I'm finding mixed reviews on Amazon on which model to purchase.

The Motive 107 fits, to be honest I prefer the buddy pumper over this and or a LiquiVac... gigidy. Felt like I was gonna rip my master cyliner off each time I installed/removed the motive cap and the LiquiVac was just slower than a buddy pumper. Used both on my 03 and a few Subaru's.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I need to do mine as well and there not hard with one of these. Just make sure your master cylinder doesn’t run dry. Start from the right rear, then LR, then RF, and lastly LF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t forget to bleed the two spots on the master cylinder. Front then the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Don’t forget to bleed the two spots on the master cylinder. Front then the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Really? I’ve done plenty of brake flushes back in the day on other vehicles and never bleed the master cylinder. I just make sure the MC is full and bleed until the fluid shows clear. Close and open the bleeders with the hose over the bleeder. Never had an issue.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Finally got a Terminator cover. I had this one made for extra hood release handle clearance.

View attachment 1490019

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Beautiful engine bay with very nice upgrades. Then you see the MC full of dirty brake fluid. :oops:

I need to do mine as well and there not hard with one of these. Just make sure your master cylinder doesn’t run dry. Start from the right rear, then LR, then RF, and lastly LF.

Exactly right Patrick! That is how I do it. And I use a brake bleeder similar to this one. Just hook it up to my mini compressor, install nipple on to caliper bleeder, open bleeder and press the handle. Let the bleeder do the work. Keep MC topped off and wait for the clean fluid to come through. Works great and you can do it by yourself.

Brake Bleeder.JPG

Here's what my MC on my Vert looked liked after I bleed the brakes using the above tool.
Brake fluid.JPG

BMSTNG

Established Member
Really? I’ve done plenty of brake flushes back in the day on other vehicles and never bleed the master cylinder. I just make sure the MC is full and bleed until the fluid shows clear. Close and open the bleeders with the hose over the bleeder. Never had an issue.

Your sequence is dead on but svt_troy is right the last thing you do is bleed the MC. I've gotten air out of the MC in the past and that's making sure the MC didn't run dry.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
Had a very productive memorial weekend on the cobra. Finished the following:

+Front brake lines were rubbing slightly, turned them out of the way and bleed the brakes. Glad I caught this when deep cleaning the rims!
+Installed new LED Foglights
+Installed polished/milled radiator cover
+Installed TERMINATOR customized license plate
+Rolled the passenger side rear quarter - took my time and it turned out great no cracks present.

33598349_10216027523778903_2338658058298720256_n.jpg
33923399_10216038993065628_1444252434829410304_o.jpg
33923798_10216038931184081_3312592534626107392_o (1).jpg
9.PNG

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

I was told to syphon out the mc if it's super dirty before hooking up the power bleeder.

Anyone else verify this?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I was told to syphon out the mc if it's super dirty before hooking up the power bleeder.

Anyone else verify this?

I did not need to do this on my Cobras Brady, but on my wife's Ford 500 it was like crude oil in there. So, I did syphon out the MC first. I even sprayed brake cleaner in there to get all the gunk loosened up and then syphoned it again. Worked great and, as mentioned by Smooth, made the job go quicker as I started with clean fluid in the MC before pulling it through the brake lines with the bleeder.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I did not need to do this on my Cobras Brady, but on my wife's Ford 500 it was like crude oil in there. So, I did syphon out the MC first. I even sprayed brake cleaner in there to get all the gunk loosened up and then syphoned it again. Worked great and, as mentioned by Smooth, made the job go quicker as I started with clean fluid in the MC before pulling it through the brake lines with the bleeder.
Awesome. I'm not 100% sure, but my brake fluid might be original. So I'm doing it ASAP now. And might do it every couple years.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Awesome. I'm not 100% sure, but my brake fluid might be original. So I'm doing it ASAP now. And might do it every couple years.

If it’s super dirty go ahead. If not it will make it all out the lines. Just make sure your MC doesn’t go dry.

KBR

Established Member
a little engine bay jewelry and opened hood vents
IMG_1106.JPG
IMG_1105.JPG
IMG_1085.JPG
...my hood wasn't nice enough underneath to remove blanket

Users who are viewing this thread