What did you do for your Terminator today?

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
13729233-84FF-47CA-B987-E9E39EC212CF.jpeg
6D73194E-421C-484F-AD3F-27F7CAA2C965.jpeg
Well, they aren’t perfect. They never will be. They are old. Previous owner ensured they got rusted. Pretty sure they ran these with the stickers on them still. They look good enough from 3 feet away. I’m going to do one more round of polish and call it a day. I didn’t get the tips stripped of the chrome. Eventually I’ll either have these fixed or just buy a new cat back.

This car needs to be put back together.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1778517View attachment 1778518Well, they aren’t perfect. They never will be. They are old. Previous owner ensured they got rusted. Pretty sure they ran these with the stickers on them still. They look good enough from 3 feet away. I’m going to do one more round of polish and call it a day. I didn’t get the tips stripped of the chrome. Eventually I’ll either have these fixed or just buy a new cat back.

I'm of the belief to never make a car so pretty that you never want to drive it. Put it back together, make 700hp, break some shit, fix and drive some more.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
View attachment 1778517View attachment 1778518Well, they aren’t perfect. They never will be. They are old. Previous owner ensured they got rusted. Pretty sure they ran these with the stickers on them still. They look good enough from 3 feet away. I’m going to do one more round of polish and call it a day. I didn’t get the tips stripped of the chrome. Eventually I’ll either have these fixed or just buy a new cat back.

They look really good. You did a nice job.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm of the belief to never make a car so pretty that you never want to drive it. Put it back together, make 700hp, break some shit, fix and drive some more.
You're so right! I bought my 2022 Genesis GV-70 with the intent to drive it daily, year round. That said, I've had it for a year and a half and it has 5,300 miles on it. It's pristine with a solid bumper to bumper ceramic coating, including trim, wheels and glass. The inside is super clean. Last winter, it stayed in the garage all winter. This winter, it's been out 3 or 4 times, when the streets were clean. What the heck!! LOL. Thank God my wife likes when I drive her '21 Acura. So I know full well how keeping a vehicle looking awesome can have a big affect on how much you drive it. Same thing happened with my 2003 Cobra.

hatchke

Established Member
Just finished up fixing a driver's side longtube gasket leak, k-member swap to a BMR and swapping my catback from a Magnaflow street to a MBRP. Huge pain in my ass, all of it lol.

I'm pretty pleased with the BMR piece (I just got the basic tubular one), it fit well, didn't require a oil filter relocation and does what I need it to. I knew I shouldn't have used the BBK gaskets on the headers but did anyway, so I swapped the blown one to a OEM metal piece and locking bolts.

I didn't like how loud my Borla setup was so I thought I'd tone it down a little with a Magnaflow street setup.... but it was WAY quiet and ended up with a MBRP with black tips (I have a SRA). Not as loud as the Borla but louder and better tone than the Magnaflow.

Just happy to have the car running around and driving again.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I think they came out nice. More of a satin sheen vs. looking highly polished. Nice job!

01yellercobra

Established Member
It was my buddies car today. He installed the Steeda pedal height adjuster. He's 6'4" so watching him get under the dash was entertaining. Then we installed the Harpell Auto Fab catch can. He also threw in new O2 sensors.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230128_173733_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230128_173733_Instagram.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20230128_173742_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230128_173742_Instagram.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 62

03' White Snake

Established Member
Installed a Nations Unit today. Checking pulley alignment with my dayco tool. Looks like my lower needs to move out 1mm to line up to the alternator and tensioner. Shimming that will be next on the list, then getting the correct length belts again.

My OEM external regulator conversion hit a road block. I’ll have to pick up that project again when I have more time. Not as easy as I thought it was going to be.

7BA4E08A-2A26-49A3-A9E9-EAACB109CB4B.jpeg

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Installed a Nations Unit today. Checking pulley alignment with my dayco tool. Looks like my lower needs to move out 1mm to line up to the alternator and tensioner. Shimming that will be next on the list, then getting the correct length belts again.

My OEM external regulator conversion hit a road block. I’ll have to pick up that project again when I have more time. Not as easy as I thought it was going to be.

View attachment 1778576
It's a great unit. What alternator did you have prior to this? Do you have a big wire upgrade?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

03' White Snake

Established Member
It's a great unit. What alternator did you have prior to this? Do you have a big wire upgrade?

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Been running rebuilt OEM’s. I’m running 1/0 wires for all battery wires because the battery is in the trunk. So yes I have big wire upgrade already.

Users who are viewing this thread