What did you do for your Terminator today?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Amazing how seeing sparks causes us to move with a sense of urgency eh Bob LOL.

Glad it was nothing worse. You have all the good tools to make it better brother!
Lol. Yes they do. Tracy came out just as I spotted the sparks and I started moving quick. She was trying to ask what happened while I was dealing with the key. I was like "give me a second woman!".

I wouldnt change the alternator pulley, id reroute your lines. As long as the alternator doesnt go over 16k rpm at your shift point ur good tho
The alternator pulley change was planned long ago I just hadn't gotten around to it. This forced me to do it. The problem with the pulley that was recommended to me was that it didn't turn the alternator fast enough at idle to charge anything. I've seen high 11's sitting at a light with my headlights on and fans going. No thanks. I'll deal with the half second of overspinning at red line so that I have everything working properly the rest of the time.

I'm also curious who decided that 16k would be the limit of alternators for all of time? In all this time they haven't been able to come up with something that can handle more RPM?

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
I think I need sponsors for all the shit I buy, and people are viewing it.

Attachments

• IMG_0428.jpg
    IMG_0428.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 88

muscleatsrice

Established Member
Got the old girl tuned today. AED did a great job, really cool shop. Looks like I got one of the good ones, put down some solid numbers that I’m really happy with. 477hp & 507 ft lbs torque
Mods are
-JLT intake
-2.8 pulley
-magnaflow catted x-pipe
-borla stinger catback
-KB boost a pump

There is a little blip up high due to the stock alternator doing what they do best
IMG_1353.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Got the old girl tuned today. AED did a great job, really cool shop. Looks like I got one of the good ones, put down some solid numbers that I’m really happy with. 477hp & 507 ft lbs torque
Mods are
-JLT intake
-2.8 pulley
-magnaflow catted x-pipe
-borla stinger catback
-KB boost a pump

There is a little blip up high due to the stock alternator doing what they do best
View attachment 1793453

Pretty much exactly what I made on my stock Eaton 2.8 pulley. Same mods. It’ll be fun! I only lasted a few months before I got the blower ported…then went Kenne Bell….resist the urge.

muscleatsrice

Established Member
Pretty much exactly what I made on my stock Eaton 2.8 pulley. Same mods. It’ll be fun! I only lasted a few months before I got the blower ported…then went Kenne Bell….resist the urge.

Very nice!

I literal just unloaded it and started dreaming about an aftermarket blower haha. Not for awhile, I will resist!

LS WUT

Established Member
Mods are
-JLT intake
-2.8 pulley
-magnaflow catted x-pipe
-borla stinger catback
-KB boost a pump

View attachment 1793453

Hoping to get similar results.

LS WUT

Established Member
I just love how well these things respond to easy mods. Perfect car for dad life haha. When are you having it tuned?

Hoping to get it done soon. A guy down here Jordan owns Jordan’s performance. Brother in law is gonna take his car to him and see how he does. He specializes in mustangs, mostly coyote. However he’s won the NMRA and Stick shift classes a few times down here.

MG0h3

Established Member
Mods are
-JLT intake
-2.8 pulley
-magnaflow catted x-pipe
-borla stinger catback
-KB boost a pump

View attachment 1793453

Man that’s solid. Thought approaching 500 was a 4lb lower and ported blower setup.

My oldest brother has a mostly stock SB Vert that he’s accruing parts for. Going to be:

Accufab inlet and TB

2.8 upper

60s I think. I unless I send him my ID1000s if I ever get my 3.0l installed.

OR X

Has a JLT intake and Magnaflow cat back already

muscleatsrice

Established Member
Man that’s solid. Thought approaching 500 was a 4lb lower and ported blower setup.

My oldest brother has a mostly stock SB Vert that he’s accruing parts for. Going to be:

Accufab inlet and TB

2.8 upper

60s I think. I unless I send him my ID1000s if I ever get my 3.0l installed.

OR X

Has a JLT intake and Magnaflow cat back already

Nice. I was really surprised with the numbers. It Had plenty of fuel with the stock injectors and a BAP. Only issue we saw was the alternator not making any voltage at around 5900+ rpm’s, it was pulling battery voltage. The tuner showed me graphs of a few cars with an externally regulated nations alternator and voltage was great no matter the rpm. He might want to add that to his list.

LS WUT

Established Member
Nice. I was really surprised with the numbers. It Had plenty of fuel with the stock injectors and a BAP. Only issue we saw was the alternator not making any voltage at around 5900+ rpm’s, it was pulling battery voltage. The tuner showed me graphs of a few cars with an externally regulated nations alternator and voltage was great no matter the rpm. He might want to add that to his list.

That’s some good information. I for sure didn’t even account for that one, I think I replaced it with a 170amp replacement.

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
IMG_0497.jpeg
This was fun…fuel pumps wont turn on. Ran perfectly fine until it didn’t lol

Verified 12V at the green wire (for the FPDM) makes it to the controller. Power to the pump wires at the controller is 12V. Need to verify power at the connections half way to the pumps and at the pumps. Most likely a bad fuel pump. It runs on one full time, second one comes on at 6lbs. Walbro 450s from Fore.

01yellercobra

Established Member
View attachment 1794143This was fun…fuel pumps wont turn on. Ran perfectly fine until it didn’t lol

Verified 12V at the green wire (for the FPDM) makes it to the controller. Power to the pump wires at the controller is 12V. Need to verify power at the connections half way to the pumps and at the pumps. Most likely a bad fuel pump. It runs on one full time, second one comes on at 6lbs. Walbro 450s from Fore.
Is there an easy way to jump the second pump to see if it comes on?

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
Is there an easy way to jump the second pump to see if it comes on?
I switched the connections for the pumps. Pump turns on now. Main pump is bad. If I go through a pump per 1,000 miles I’m going to be pissed.

At least I can move it around the garage and pump the fuel out before I fix it.

tporter67

Established Member
I switched the connections for the pumps. Pump turns on now. Main pump is bad. If I go through a pump per 1,000 miles I’m going to be pissed.

You definitely shouldnt run through pumps. Did you let the tank get very low often? The pumps use the gas to cool themselves down.

01yellercobra

Established Member

I'd chalk it up to a one off for now. I've got a few thousand on mine and they both run full time.

Users who are viewing this thread