What did you do for your Terminator today?

Phil04Cobra

Aluminator Cobra
Established Member
Here is a rad support cover I developed. Had a couple small hiccups with it and just finishing up the last few details and revisions. Almost ready to go.
image.jpeg
image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
My worry with painting it or wrapping it or doing something and gloss black is it'll scratch too easy and be difficult to maintain, idk wondering...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I am shopping for a new radiator cover as we speak. I looked at the JLT but didn't like the pictures they had on their site. Yours make it look totally different. I like the look. Any pros or cons with it? I haven't really seen many out there. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place....

TP03

Established Member
Finished up some mods. Installed brace and diff bushings. Then I was waiting on some warmer days to paint the brake calipers. Got it done! Finally got the car off of jack stands and I'm happy with the test cruise. LM2's sound a lot better than LM1's imo. Still loud but with less high pitched crackle. I'll try them for a year and if I get annoyed with them I might try swapping to magnaflow mufflers. Other than that IRS felt better on hard acceleration. Only a couple small mods left to do this year.

20170424_152034_resized.jpg
20170507_164359_resized.jpg

20170507_164432_resized.jpg

20170507_164419_resized.jpg

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
I am shopping for a new radiator cover as we speak. I looked at the JLT but didn't like the pictures they had on their site. Yours make it look totally different. I like the look. Any pros or cons with it? I haven't really seen many out there. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place....
Thanks...Only thing is what you see there is the finished product it's glossy like that all the time there's no Armor All or anything on there, may be a little too glossy for some, other than that I absolutely love the finished look.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Finished up some mods. Installed brace and diff bushings. Then I was waiting on some warmer days to paint the brake calipers. Got it done! Finally got the car off of jack stands and I'm happy with the test cruise. LM2's sound a lot better than LM1's imo. Still loud but with less high pitched crackle. I'll try them for a year and if I get annoyed with them I might try swapping to magnaflow mufflers. Other than that IRS felt better on hard acceleration. Only a couple small mods left to do this year.

View attachment 90098View attachment 90100
View attachment 90101
View attachment 90102

Why not just get the FRPP cover or LPW cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TP03

Established Member
Why not just get the FRPP cover or LPW cover?

Mostly money, picked up the brace for a good price on SVT. Also mine doesn't leak so at my power level it was just cheap insurance. If I decide to upgrade the blower in the future then I'll reconsider a new cover.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Have the day off today so took mine out for the first time in almost three weeks. Wife actually went along too it was a nice drive.

zredfire04

Established Member
i ordered some more parts. working on the following:

poly bushings for entire irs
trutrac
new gears & bearings
new reinforced diff cover
new fog lights and one bezel
wheel spacers for 315 nittos on bullitt wheels
new shift knob (replacing the mgw one the car came with)
new rear wheel bearings

i've already got all the bushings installed. working on getting the gears set up with the new diff. looks like it had motive gears in it, i'm going back with ford racing gears so everything is setting up differently.

i think that's it.

for now.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
i ordered some more parts. working on the following:

poly bushings for entire irs
trutrac
new gears & bearings
new reinforced diff cover
new fog lights and one bezel
wheel spacers for 315 nittos on bullitt wheels
new shift knob (replacing the mgw one the car came with)
new rear wheel bearings

i've already got all the bushings installed. working on getting the gears set up with the new diff. looks like it had motive gears in it, i'm going back with ford racing gears so everything is setting up differently.

i think that's it.

for now.

All sounds good not a fan of bullit wheels on the cobras but your car.

zredfire04

Established Member
i love bullitts. i have a 67 f100 project that will end up on them too LOL.

if i end up not liking them on the cobra, i'll go on the hunt for a pair of 10" OEM looking wheels for the rear end i guess.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
i love bullitts. i have a 67 f100 project that will end up on them too LOL.

if i end up not liking them on the cobra, i'll go on the hunt for a pair of 10" OEM looking wheels for the rear end i guess.

Nothing wrong with that if we all had the same it would be boring. What are you doing with the F-100 project? Coyote? Love F-100's.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Mostly money, picked up the brace for a good price on SVT. Also mine doesn't leak so at my power level it was just cheap insurance. If I decide to upgrade the blower in the future then I'll reconsider a new cover.
People have broke diff covers with stock hp. Heck mine leaked with stock hp. I've seen a post a couple years ago with a cracked cover with a brace on it. I personally would have saved up for a different cover. A fill and drain plug, along with main cap bolts make it worth the investment.

Users who are viewing this thread