What did you do for your Terminator today?

Renispinkle

Sounds like when my pprv delete lines pop off or tear lol

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
Yeah I tracked down the guy who sold it to the guy I bought it from today. Took forever but reached out to him. I got a list of mods and all but don’t know if anything else was done to the fuel system. When I first went to start it my fingers slipped off the keys so I kinda bumped it. Cranked for a split second. So I turned the key back to off and then back to on again to prime the pump again. Then it started right up and did what I described earlier. I was thinking when I bumped it I caused a quick spike in fuel pressure which is what gets the FRPS’s from what I hear.

02gt87

Established Member
Yeah I tracked down the guy who sold it to the guy I bought it from today. Took forever but reached out to him. I got a list of mods and all but don’t know if anything else was done to the fuel system. When I first went to start it my fingers slipped off the keys so I kinda bumped it. Cranked for a split second. So I turned the key back to off and then back to on again to prime the pump again. Then it started right up and did what I described earlier. I was thinking when I bumped it I caused a quick spike in fuel pressure which is what gets the FRPS’s from what I hear.
If you have an aeroforce gauge you'll be able to tell what your fpdc and fuel pressure is if you're still on a returnless system. Check to see if you have a Boost a pump sometime those fuses blow . Would be mounted in the trunk on driver side next to the FPDM

Renispinkle

If you have an aeroforce gauge you'll be able to tell what your fpdc and fuel pressure is if you're still on a returnless system. Check to see if you have a Boost a pump sometime those fuses blow . Would be mounted in the trunk on driver side next to the FPDM

Yeah I do have a KB BAP which was turned all the way up when I got it.

Renispinkle

Check that in line fuse
emoji106.png

Check that in line fuse

cant find it lol

MG0h3

Established Member
61256f1b3cd25e11763fda121bddbf16.jpg

Getting the rears installed. 305/35 vs 275/40.

275s are for a hellcat. Older guy with the brass monkey wheels so he didn’t want to get knockoffs to run wider.

EDIT: I know the tires need to scrub in a bit but I'm not sure these are gonna hold like the ET streets did. I know the compound is supposed to be the same but the damn thing tried to put me into the wall in third on the freeway. Never let go in third before.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Caseindaplace

Established Member
e8f0f9d9aa0bd065d2d6729629ea9a61.jpg
db4864863ee08813c7507f767a169043.jpg

Chemically dissolved the rust on my heat exchanger bracket. Sprayed, cleaned and sanded it smooth.

Went with a metal primer and metal paint (metallic finish) to eventually match the new heat exchanger (one day). This was just make the rust bucket look decent for now. Topped it off with a clear protectant.

I’ll see how it lasts - wonder if I should have done an aluminum finish enamel instead. Better durability?

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member

Caseindaplace

Established Member
It's never been to a drag strip... Only have 275 rear street tires at this time. Maybe when I get new rims. I have easy access to miles of country roads... Drove it 4k miles last summer. Super fun street car

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I gotcha. I was just curious. I saw the 2.9 and upgraded cooling and wondered if I would need the cooling aspect for a my street car use. I was going to go Gen 2 VMP 2.3

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
I gotcha. I was just curious. I saw the 2.9 and upgraded cooling and wondered if I would need the cooling aspect for a my street car use. I was going to go Gen 2 VMP 2.3

I would wait a little bit longer for vmp gen 2 swap, more and more deals are popping up because of the projected release of the new VMP 2.65. I'm personally keeping my 2.3, I dont need the 2.65 for weekend fun car.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Joe5.0

Established Member
I would wait a little bit longer for vmp gen 2 swap, more and more deals are popping up because of the projected release of the new VMP 2.65. I'm personally keeping my 2.3, I dont need the 2.65 for weekend fun car.

My brand new Gen 2 kit is for sale in the market section if your interested.

Caseindaplace

Established Member

Oh I didn’t know if the 2.65. I would agree. Not that I’m looking now to change, I only have 23K miles on the car and i don’t drive much but I like to plan ahead. I hear the 2.3 gen 2 can get you close or at 600hp which is my goal for a street cobra without risking / changing too much

Joe5.0

Established Member
The kit has been sitting in a box brand new in my garage for awhile. I'm looking at doing the 2.65 kit in the summer

Users who are viewing this thread