What did you do for your Terminator today?

IllCobra

Established Member
On an unrelated topic, can you get a rear shock that has broken where it bolts up to the IRS fixed? I just remembered the car came with Horsepower by Hermann rears shocks (you can see it on the rear brake picture), but upon doing the brake upgrade, I noticed the driver side shock broken. I already changed them out for new Bilstein R8 shocks, but these are probably rare as hell now so I don't want to throw them away. I assume I can get the other shock rebuilt, correct? That one isnt broken it just doesnt come back up after it has been compressed.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've done quite a few things to my cobra 2022. But I didn't document most of them. The most recent has been a bigger brake upgrade. I did the ATS front calipers and Taurus 43mm rear calipers. I also went ahead and did the 13" Powerstop D/S rotors with Russell front and rear SS brake lines (not shown in pictures).

Shout out to @GodStang for providing the dimensions for the COBRA Brembo decal and @98 svt for making them for me. They came out great and were a perfect fit.

I knew I was going to paint the calipers, I just wasn't 100% sure on what color. All I knew was that I did not want red. IMO Blue car with red calipers, or vice-versa, does not look good (or anything red for that matter). But I remember seeing an SRT-4 neon in a similar color years ago and thought that color would look good on some brake calipers lol I was a little nervous cause I had never seen this color combination on any other car (much less a Terminator). But it came out great, and pictures do not do it justice at all.

I also got lucky and found a set of Aodhan wheels on sale with the outside bolts a similar gold color to the calipers (not quite, but gold non-the-less). One thing I am finding out about black wheels though is they don't photograph well. I swear the car looks 10x better in person. I am going to a car meet on the 29th, so hopefully someone bring a good camera and I can post some better pictures. I also made the mistake of going with 18/40 front tires instead of 18/35 so they look a little chunky.

And one last thing, I know bigger calipers won't help slow the car down sooner in normal driving conditions, but man, I barley felt a difference in braking performance at all if I am being honest. I thought the pedal would at least be more sensitive, but nothing. All-in-all it's fine since I did this for the unique look and not the braking, but I am sure if I would track the car, these brakes would do much better than the stockers.

View attachment 1777327View attachment 1777326View attachment 1777328View attachment 1777329View attachment 1777330View attachment 1777331
I think the gold looks good against the blue. But then I liked the STI's that were blue with the gold wheels.

FWIW, brake pad type does also have an affect on how well the brakes work. And you probably need to bed them. Unless that's already been done.

PC03GT

Established Member
I've done quite a few things to my cobra 2022. But I didn't document most of them. The most recent has been a bigger brake upgrade. I did the ATS front calipers and Taurus 43mm rear calipers. I also went ahead and did the 13" Powerstop D/S rotors with Russell front and rear SS brake lines (not shown in pictures).

Shout out to @GodStang for providing the dimensions for the COBRA Brembo decal and @98 svt for making them for me. They came out great and were a perfect fit.

I knew I was going to paint the calipers, I just wasn't 100% sure on what color. All I knew was that I did not want red. IMO Blue car with red calipers, or vice-versa, does not look good (or anything red for that matter). But I remember seeing an SRT-4 neon in a similar color years ago and thought that color would look good on some brake calipers lol I was a little nervous cause I had never seen this color combination on any other car (much less a Terminator). But it came out great, and pictures do not do it justice at all.

I also got lucky and found a set of Aodhan wheels on sale with the outside bolts a similar gold color to the calipers (not quite, but gold non-the-less). One thing I am finding out about black wheels though is they don't photograph well. I swear the car looks 10x better in person. I am going to a car meet on the 29th, so hopefully someone bring a good camera and I can post some better pictures. I also made the mistake of going with 18/40 front tires instead of 18/35 so they look a little chunky.

And one last thing, I know bigger calipers won't help slow the car down sooner in normal driving conditions, but man, I barley felt a difference in braking performance at all if I am being honest. I thought the pedal would at least be more sensitive, but nothing. All-in-all it's fine since I did this for the unique look and not the braking, but I am sure if I would track the car, these brakes would do much better than the stockers.

View attachment 1777327View attachment 1777326View attachment 1777328View attachment 1777329View attachment 1777330View attachment 1777331
I feel you on that one, that's how it was when I did my cobra R upgrade. I will tell you it does help slow down when you're breaking the speed limit

GodStang

Established Member

So awesome!! Great work!

IllCobra

Established Member
I think the gold looks good against the blue. But then I liked the STI's that were blue with the gold wheels.

FWIW, brake pad type does also have an affect on how well the brakes work. And you probably need to bed them. Unless that's already been done.
Yup, they were bled. I can't remember the brand name of the I pads I used but I am pretty sure they one of the better ones. But no biggie. The car brakes fine, I just thought it was going to be a bigger difference.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member

I almost went Gold with my calipers but didn’t know how it would look with redfire. I kind of regret not going gold. Looks great dude!

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yup, they were bled. I can't remember the brand name of the I pads I used but I am pretty sure they one of the better ones. But no biggie. The car brakes fine, I just thought it was going to be a bigger difference.
Not bled, bed. When you break in the pads with the rotors.

IllCobra

Established Member
Not bled, bed. When you break in the pads with the rotors.
Oh. Yeah, I followed powerstops recommendation on 5 hard decelerations from 40mph to 5mph and then 5 moderate from 30mph to 5 mph (I may not be remembering the exact mph). Then drive it without coming to complete stop for as long as possible. I did 5 miles of this.

LS WUT

Established Member
Little update. The rest of the thread sticking out snapped, I even heated flange with a propane torch. Looked at the manifold bolts up top. They’re about as useful as a bucket without a bottom. So blessing and a curse I guess. I’m hoping to tap this bolt and drill into the bottom to pray I can get it. Otherwise the motor will be coming out getting Longtubes, painted, refreshed, and god damn cams since she’s out. All I wanted to do was this exhaust haha. This week project since I was off for my birthday is turning into quite the endeavor. Got the rest of the brakes, calipers, and brackets all torn down and apart. Wire brushed all of them, washed them with some degreaser, blew them off with the air compressor. Ready for primer then paint. Then I’ll install the new rotors and such.
518D74E5-A3C2-46DE-93D8-4AC9BF2DCC22.jpeg

Attachments

• 05D1A928-C856-41ED-9AE2-141DB959161F.jpeg
    05D1A928-C856-41ED-9AE2-141DB959161F.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 12C84373-018E-48AF-A0BD-A6F2779E8FC8.jpeg
    12C84373-018E-48AF-A0BD-A6F2779E8FC8.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 47

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Little update. The rest of the thread sticking out snapped, I even heated flange with a propane torch. Looked at the manifold bolts up top. They’re about as useful as a bucket without a bottom. So blessing and a curse I guess. I’m hoping to tap this bolt and drill into the bottom to pray I can get it. Otherwise the motor will be coming out getting Longtubes, painted, refreshed, and god damn cams since she’s out. All I wanted to do was this exhaust haha. This week project since I was off for my birthday is turning into quite the endeavor. Got the rest of the brakes, calipers, and brackets all torn down and apart. Wire brushed all of them, washed them with some degreaser, blew them off with the air compressor. Ready for primer then paint. Then I’ll install the new rotors and such.
View attachment 1777488
Drill it out and use a bolt/nut. No need to remove the engine over this. This is a fairly common occurrence. Yes, it's annoying but drilling it completely out and replacing with a bolt/nut setup is what I have always done. Easy peasy.

LS WUT

Established Member
Drill it out and use a bolt/nut. No need to remove the engine over this. This is a fairly common occurrence. Yes, it's annoying but drilling it completely out and replacing with a bolt/nut setup is what I have always done. Easy peasy.
That’s what I’m praying for man, while I wait for that I’m gonna tackle some other things. Here’s a sneak peak on the color. Also yes I know, it’s white trash on trash cans hah.

Attachments

• 83B80606-D14A-4C08-B7CA-085776D691BD.jpeg
    83B80606-D14A-4C08-B7CA-085776D691BD.jpeg
    838.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 3C1D812B-1220-4068-8755-8C34CC46CC88.jpeg
    3C1D812B-1220-4068-8755-8C34CC46CC88.jpeg
    890.8 KB · Views: 64

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
This. You will need some good drill bits though. Cobalt drill bits work best for me when this happens.

LS WUT

Established Member
Hard to see in the photo. This is the color though. Paint takes a bit of time. Especially with Florida’s fun humidity. Snapped some more bits, got some new ones now. Gonna get on that tomorrow. Compressor is a bit loud for the lame neighbors. All of an update I got is the painting and such gents. Hopefully tomorrow will have more activities.
9ED4FCF4-502E-4142-B86A-FD513254337F.jpeg

Attachments

• 3987CD24-1111-4AE1-9DF7-A7B5FC2112A4.jpeg
    3987CD24-1111-4AE1-9DF7-A7B5FC2112A4.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 87D98DB3-7817-4366-BEC8-6500C4AA9A0F.jpeg
    87D98DB3-7817-4366-BEC8-6500C4AA9A0F.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 56
  • B9F60865-C144-40BB-BA2F-F27C29A37EB6.jpeg
    B9F60865-C144-40BB-BA2F-F27C29A37EB6.jpeg
    288.1 KB · Views: 56

Users who are viewing this thread