What did you do for your Terminator today?

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1789190
Took my son for a ride to Poppop's for Easter dinner
1681173186651.jpeg

That’s gorgeous. Some colors work better with wheels than others. I have a set of 10th anny wheels that I put on my OW and they don’t look as good as on black or red, and now I think they’d look great on SB. SB can pull off almost any wheel combination. What a phenomenal car you have there sir.

PC03GT

Established Member
View attachment 1789298
That’s gorgeous. Some colors work better with wheels than others. I have a set of 10th anny wheels that I put on my OW and they don’t look as good as on black or red, and now I think they’d look great on SB. SB can pull off almost any wheel combination. What a phenomenal car you have there sir.
Thank you very much

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Put the Toyo's on it.
Have you had a chance to test them out? Just curious. I've had much better success with the TQs and find them far better in a straight line than the R888s. Makes perfect sense considering their intent, but others swear by the 888s and, in my experience, they're night and day.

robvas

Established Member
Have you had a chance to test them out? Just curious. I've had much better success with the TQs and find them far better in a straight line than the R888s. Makes perfect sense considering their intent, but others swear by the 888s and, in my experience, they're night and day.

I haven't had the R888R's so I can't comment on that.

They hold second gear from a roll so I'm happy with them. I want to play with tire pressure to see if they will grab in first.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have my TQ's at 26psi. They held when I was messing around with my son a couple weeks ago. But I started in 3rd gear and the car isn't quite set on kill right now.

My daughter has been looking to upgrade from her 2003 V6 lately. She'll most likely end up with something with a manual and she's been wanting to get a refresher since she's only driven manual a couple times. The Cobra is the only manual currently in the household. So I took her to a parking lot last night so she could practice the stops and starts with a clutch.

robvas

Established Member
Edit: wait, this is supposed to be vented to the atmosphere

Attachments

• IMG_2260.jpeg
    IMG_2260.jpeg
    318.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Another day, found another vacuum leak. Just got this car and have been fixing things as I find them. This is probably why my fuel trims are in the + and my idle is high most of the time. Wasn't as obvious as the other one.

Vacuum line elbow just hanging there open. Probably broke off a long time ago.

I just don't get how people let cars get to this point much less continue to drive them.
Geeze man. Once they decided to sell they probably stopped caring.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I need some advice fellas; I am running chrome AFS on my terminator, but the chrome is peeling. I want to get new wheels but I can’t decide on what to put on. LMR’s cobra reps look solid, but I keep looking at the whistler SK1’s as they look a lot like the CCW’s I used to have on it. Maker’s Garage has some 18” 93 cobra wheels for terminators and I think it might be unique and look good on my OW car. I don’t know wtf to do.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I need some advice fellas; I am running chrome AFS on my terminator, but the chrome is peeling. I want to get new wheels but I can’t decide on what to put on. LMR’s cobra reps look solid, but I keep looking at the whistler SK1’s as they look a lot like the CCW’s I used to have on it. Maker’s Garage has some 18” 93 cobra wheels for terminators and I think it might be unique and look good on my OW car. I don’t know wtf to do.
Are those the fan blade looking wheels? If so I vote no on those. What about getting your current wheels rechromed?

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Another day, found another vacuum leak. Just got this car and have been fixing things as I find them. This is probably why my fuel trims are in the + and my idle is high most of the time. Wasn't as obvious as the other one.

Vacuum line elbow just hanging there open. Probably broke off a long time ago.

I just don't get how people let cars get to this point much less continue to drive them.
A lot of folks have no idea of what “periodic maintenance” actually means. Hell, a lot will barely change oil. They buy a performance car thinking it is the same as your basic Toyota Camry not realizing that I even if you “baby” your hot rod it needs more and different maintenance than a DD.

Users who are viewing this thread