What did you do to your Cobra today?

GotJuice96

moneyMaker
Established Member
You'll get different costs with different brands but like Maximum Motorsports setup for example, you're probably looking at about $1,500 - $1,750 all in if you purchase everything new. You can expect about $900 for the coil-overs themselves with springs and probably around $650 - $750 for the shocks and struts. Obviously it'll be cheaper if you find any of the components on the used market or already have any that you're able to use.

Like you'd expect, the ride quality is all dependent on the shocks and struts and spring rates you choose. My car isn't really that harsh. It rides better than when I had H&R SuperSports on the car.

Thanks, i don't mind spending about 2k for a good coilover setup. :coolman:

Helomech74

Established Member
Finally started the beast after rebuilding it over the last 2.5 years. Fired up after the 2nd crank, just won't hold an idle, so I have some work ahead of me, but damn it sounded bad ass.

Helomech74

Established Member
nice! whats the setup?

Big bore stroker 4v with an F1D Procharger. This car has had many different motor and power adder combos, prior to this it was running a 572ci BBF with an F3. When that motor popped, I decided to return the car back to street trim, so I've been working on it slowly over the last couple of years. Should be back on the road as a registered vehicle in a month or so. It hasn't had valid plates or registration for almost 10 years, hahaha.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Received and installed the rebuilt shifter!!!
d712c82151915c2b0465fd98fbd9b5d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helomech74

Established Member
I made a catted X-pipe out of some scrap I had in the garage and I finally got my car started and idling, time to start some data logs and tuning.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
FINALLY got her on the open track to do what she was built to do!!! Coyote motor, T56/Spec 3+, TruTrac/4.10s, full MM Max Grip suspension, 2000 R brakes, 4-point cage and Sparco Evo II seat w/6-point harness. Let's just say she scared me enough to not push her too much!!! I loved the ride, beautiful cool & clear weather.
92da3a676f66a46484a585cfaca9df56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blubyu87gt

Established Member
Got the fog lights working again. Also put new fog light housings, headlight/side marker housings all with some LED bulbs.

signal-2016-12-22-132606.jpg

Also finished putting this in a couple weeks ago. Definitely money well spent!

20161209_182843.jpg

T56 Magnum with the .50 6th. Also got a Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Ram 11" clutch, and aluminum driveshaft.

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
Finally figured out why my 20 year old Clifford alarm was acting up; doesn't like it when the battery runs low and needed to be reprogrammed. All good now.

ZeroDCX

Established Member
Got the fog lights working again. Also put new fog light housings, headlight/side marker housings all with some LED bulbs.

signal-2016-12-22-132606.jpg

Also finished putting this in a couple weeks ago. Definitely money well spent!

20161209_182843.jpg

T56 Magnum with the .50 6th. Also got a Fidanza aluminum flywheel, Ram 11" clutch, and aluminum driveshaft.

What fog light housings are those?

cheaneyt

Established Member
Got a complement at local Jack in the box. Dude told me she's madly beautiful lol.

sent from somewhere,while in my cobra.

Lzr96Snake

burning up in speed
Established Member
How do you like these? Considering getting some for my cobra soon does the metal bar in the front bother you at all? Seems like it sticks out alot.

So far I like them ok for the price. They seem fairly comfortable and the adjustment bar doesn't bother me, although it does stick out pretty far. I wish the material fit tighter on the seat. There's several places where it's loose/creased. I called LMR after I got them about it but they said it was normal.

Users who are viewing this thread