What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
@Bdubbs, hope you get that cat back in successfully. I installed a flowmaster catback on my coupe back in the 90s. The fit and quality was terrible and I was never happy with it. The real crime was cutting off a low mile mint OEM cat back and throwing it in the nearest dumpster. My roommate had a fox at the time and did the right thing. Took it to a muffler shop and they welded in after market mufflers. Super clean, everything fit perfect and they carefully cut the OEM mufflers, wrapped them in plastic and put them in his trunk. Paying a muffler shop for an hour of their time was totally worth it compared to my wasting a good part of the weekend on my back wrestling a cat back into place. Hope it all works out.

triple-s

Established Member
Did my fuel pump and fuel filter yesterday. They weren't going out I just didn't know what pump was in it or how old they we're. But now I need to do my pinion seal I just noticed it's leaking.

Attachments

• IMG_7738.jpg
    IMG_7738.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7737.jpg
    IMG_7737.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 65

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
@Bdubbs, hope you get that cat back in successfully. I installed a flowmaster catback on my coupe back in the 90s. The fit and quality was terrible and I was never happy with it. The real crime was cutting off a low mile mint OEM cat back and throwing it in the nearest dumpster. My roommate had a fox at the time and did the right thing. Took it to a muffler shop and they welded in after market mufflers. Super clean, everything fit perfect and they carefully cut the OEM mufflers, wrapped them in plastic and put them in his trunk. Paying a muffler shop for an hour of their time was totally worth it compared to my wasting a good part of the weekend on my back wrestling a cat back into place. Hope it all works out.
A couple posts back I mentioned that I got it. Just need to order up some new exhaust tip rubber isolator hangers.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I think I need new exhaust tip rubber isolators. The drivers side sits lower and it looks stretched out.

Walker 35637 are close to OEM width and lenght. I used them on my car as all the stockers were dry-rotting. Just had to run a drill bit through them to open them up a tad, but nice and tight with little wiggle

Mustang5L5

Established Member
The Borla Pro XS setup sounds really great! How is it at WOT?

I've done some WOT revs with it, but haven't gone out on the highway yet. I had a brake hose rubbing up front so I wanted to fix that first. I did this past weekend, so will be looking forward to testing it out.

I have some revving in this video near the end. Did some db comparison with the flowmasters and they are quieter at idle, but just as loud at WOT

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Walker 35637 are close to OEM width and lenght. I used them on my car as all the stockers were dry-rotting. Just had to run a drill bit through them to open them up a tad, but nice and tight with little wiggle
Thanks, I already ordered the Daniel Carpenter ones. Usually I have good luck with their products.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I noticed my temp was creeping a little high on the gauge on my way to and from Chocolate Fox, I thought the thermostat might be a little sticky, or the gauge was being funky. So Thursday I installed a new 160* thermostat, coolant temperature sensor, and temperature gauge sending unit.

Filled with fresh coolant today and let it idle for about 15 minutes...it never moved more than 1/4 up the gauge, and no leaks! Gonna take a nice long cruise Wednesday to really check things out before heading up to Carlisle Friday and Saturday.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I noticed my temp was creeping a little high on the gauge on my way to and from Chocolate Fox, I thought the thermostat might be a little sticky, or the gauge was being funky. So Thursday I installed a new 160* thermostat, coolant temperature sensor, and temperature gauge sending unit.

Filled with fresh coolant today and let it idle for about 15 minutes...it never moved more than 1/4 up the gauge, and no leaks! Gonna take a nice long cruise Wednesday to really check things out before heading up to Carlisle Friday and Saturday.
I like running a stock 192-194 stat in my foxes. Previous owner had a 160* on a stock 5.0, so I replaced it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Reische 160 thermostat? His used to be pretty much the only U.S. made 160 available, as I recall, and the go-to 160.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Got mine out this weekend and gave it a good long hard drive. Really liking the power.

When i did my H/C/I swap i went from a 180* stat to a 192* stat. Now, it seems i run hotter in the 195-205 range, which I don't like.

Going to swap the 180* back in. When i ran that, i was consistently in the 185-190 range, albeit on stock H/C/I. I want that little buffer, especially now that i have functional A/C on the car and use it everywhere.

First time away from the garage with it in a while
1685459702311.png

1685459735147.png

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
And I took the vert out earlier on a hot day.

I still need to buy the PA aod tv cable. My gas pedal is super stiff to push. When disconnected from the TB, the TB opens and closes easily.
8ccd899e58b4c8d12c9b4ca6a6eef6ca.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
And I took the vert out earlier on a hot day.

I still need to buy the PA aod tv cable. My gas pedal is super stiff to push. When disconnected from the TB, the TB opens and closes easily.
8ccd899e58b4c8d12c9b4ca6a6eef6ca.jpg

How do you like the vert? I think my next vehicle is going to be one. I always wanted to learn how to ride a motorcycle but with todays drivers not so much anymore so I may get a vert for my next vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
How do you like the vert? I think my next vehicle is going to be one. I always wanted to learn how to ride a motorcycle but with todays drivers not so much anymore so I may get a vert for my next vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly I've never liked convertibles, but this has changed my views on them.

Speaking of motorcycles, I wish I had the cobra out when I was on this cruise. I was turning off the highway going to another stretch of road when a motorcyclist was riding my bumper. As soon as I turned he flew into the other lane, starting messing with me and took off. If I was in the cobra, he would have never passed me.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Got mine out this weekend and gave it a good long hard drive. Really liking the power.

When i did my H/C/I swap i went from a 180* stat to a 192* stat. Now, it seems i run hotter in the 195-205 range, which I don't like.

Going to swap the 180* back in. When i ran that, i was consistently in the 185-190 range, albeit on stock H/C/I. I want that little buffer, especially now that i have functional A/C on the car and use it everywhere.

First time away from the garage with it in a while
View attachment 1795545
View attachment 1795546
That's a good looking Fox! The interior and exterior look to be in GREAT shape. Were you testing the A/C air temp in the interior photo?

OX1

Established Member
Any reason that was done, when cat back just unbolts after H-pipe?

Mustang5L5

Established Member
That's a good looking Fox! The interior and exterior look to be in GREAT shape.

Thanks! Interiors is probably my vice when it comes to cars. I need all my vehicles to have clean, spotless interiors that are not overdone. Goal with the fox was to make it look like it could have come OEM
1D3123CA-902B-4E08-BE21-F677882CFDED.jpeg

Were you testing the A/C air temp in the interior photo?

I was. The AC was off when i took that pic, but later on the in the day it warmed up to mid-80's so i was using it. Having AC in the car is new to me. I've owned the car since 1997 and ripped it off shortly after in the name of HP.

I actually like driving the car with the windows down, sunroof off and the AC on max. Just getting that cool breeze on a hot day is enough to make the drive more enjoyable.

LS WUT

Established Member
Thanks! Interiors is probably my vice when it comes to cars. I need all my vehicles to have clean, spotless interiors.
View attachment 1795727

I was. The AC was off when i took that pic, but later on the in the day it warmed up to mid-80's so i was using it. Having AC in the car is new to me. I've owned the car since 1997 and ripped it off shortly after in the name of HP.

I actually like driving the car with the windows down, sunroof off and the AC on max. Just getting that cool breeze on a hot day is enough to make the drive more enjoyable.
I really, really, really like your interior on that notch.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
How do you like the vert? I think my next vehicle is going to be one.

I was never a vert fan either, until I got older. Now i don't mind them. I spend much more time cruising around and like the open-air experience.

I've been searching for my next project. I've been wanting to Coyote swap a 99-04 and think i'm going to look for a convertible roller.

Users who are viewing this thread