What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Man you guys are doing stuff to your cars and I haven't even lifted the cover on mine since Oct.

been working on my Sn95 trying to get that in shape for spring. A few more things to do.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Man you guys are doing stuff to your cars and I haven't even lifted the cover on mine since Oct.

been working on my Sn95 trying to get that in shape for spring. A few more things to do.

Hey 5L5..... I stumbled across your YouTube channel. Some VERY good stuff there.

I liked your speedometer/odometer video and I'm going to use your QTR window template idea for the new vinyl stickers I have.

Appreciate the content.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

I haven't done anything to mine. No plan either really. I would like to try fixing the loud steering pump on the 93 though.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I haven't done anything to mine. No plan either really. I would like to try fixing the loud steering pump on the 93 though.

Didn't you just do a paint correction on one of your Fox Bodies Brady?

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
A buddy of mine I was talking to about my foxbody just bought me some tail lights, 2 brand new door handles. Such a nice guy.

Maybe you guys will know this better than me. I’ll need the punch tool in order to mount the new handles right ?

@Black Gold 380R @Bdubbs @Mustang5L5
Hey Dan. Check out LMR videos on YouTube. I think they have one for door handles. You can also see if "The Infamous Project" on YouTube has a video on door handles as well.

I think they are riveted on. So, you will have to drill out the old ones and use a rivet gun to install the new door handles

LS WUT

Established Member
Hey Dan. Check out LMR videos on YouTube. I think they have one for door handles. You can also see if "The Infamous Project" on YouTube has a video on door handles as well.

I think they are riveted on. So, you will have to drill out the old ones and use a rivet gun to install the new door handles

Thank you very much sir, that’s what it is called. The rivet gun. I remember buying one ages ago. When I left my shop that thing got lost like so many other things.

I’ll check them out for sure. Thank you again Glenn!

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I think I got mine on Amazon for cheap. I forget the size but it was a big one. 1/4” I think. I used it for the door lock actuators.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Didn't you just do a paint correction on one of your Fox Bodies Brady?

Yeah I meant mods or changes. I just cleaned up the paint. My goal is to drive them more this coming summer. But I always say that.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Thank you very much sir, that’s what it is called. The rivet gun. I remember buying one ages ago. When I left my shop that thing got lost like so many other things.

I’ll check them out for sure. Thank you again Glenn!
I replaced my rivets with bolts when I replaced my drivers door handle (drivers side got broken during delivery).

Also, if they're LMR handles you may or may not be happy with them. I bought one and installed it and didn't like how far it stuck out from the door. Was finally able to source an OEM handle from a guy on FB.

LS WUT

Established Member
I replaced my rivets with bolts when I replaced my drivers door handle (drivers side got broken during delivery).

Also, if they're LMR handles you may or may not be happy with them. I bought one and installed it and didn't like how far it stuck out from the door. Was finally able to source an OEM handle from a guy on FB.
I’m honestly unsure at this point where they’re from. I want to say LMR.

triple-s

Established Member
Stopped by my friends shop to check the progress. Hopefully next week if the weather can warm up.

Attachments

• 20240113_135117.jpg
    20240113_135117.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 42

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have some plans for this car coming up in the future. It has some issues that I'd like to address.

First, it feels like the car bounces around or shakes while driving in town. Not really noticable at 55+ mph. I'm thinking the tires are the culprit. Plenty of tread, but they are aged, seem pretty hard and have cracks all over on the tread area.

Second, I hate the sound of the exhaust. It should sound like a old school foxbody but for some reason it doesn't. It sounds like a old farm truck...It has bbk shorty headers, BBK o/r h pipe and flowmaster catback exhaust. It could be the series of mufflers, but I'm not sure what they are. I plan on ordering the flowmaster FLO FX series.

Third, it seems it has a chirp or a squeak at the driver's side rear wheel, and for some reason it has a rear disc brake upgrade which looks meh. So I'll have to do some investigating.

Fourth, the gas pedal is stiff. And I've eliminated it being the throttle body from sticking. It did this with the BBK 70 mm tb and now with the stock one. I'm 99% sure it's the AOD tv kick down cable. I have a performance automatic aftermarket one to try, but I've been trying to source a stock one.

Lastly.... I've thought about upgrading the stock struts and shocks with KYB oem replacements as the ride feels rough.

It never ends, but I'll be happy once this stuff is done.
d9fd11e20ab7bb6e5bd91685d408d4d4.jpg
0065f39eb9948d4e1948bebeed238e4b.jpg

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Not a fox, but I don’t really partake in any of the other boards here so nowhere to share.

Been working on restoring the interior in my $1k GT convertible. Yeah…I put a little money into it so I should stop calling it that.

NOS carpet. New floor mats. Pulled the ENTIRE interior and redyed it. Icing on top was recovering the seats. You have no idea how happy this made me.

Before (already did pass seat in this pic)
IMG_7287.jpeg

After.
IMG_7278.jpeg
IMG_7309.jpeg

Now it feels like a 70k mile interior. Now to start working on the exterior with some much needed paint correction.

Almost done…then I can work on the Fox again. However I’m starting to really like this car.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hello Everyone,

Well, as you would expect, work continues on the Fox Body. This car is definitely NOT in bad shape at all, but for those of you who know me I'm kind of anal when it comes to my cars LMAO!!!

Things that are faded, or torn or not working drive me crazy. The only thing not working properly is the speedometer. I talked to the previous owner and he said the original speedometer cable snapped and messed up the old speedometer. So, he installed a new cable and a used speedometer. Since I've had the car the speedometer sticks at 20MPH increments until it pegs itself out. Sucks when you are doing 50MPH, but the speedometer is reading 140 LOL.

So, as most of you know I ordered the new Dakota Digital dash. I have been doing some research on it and this thing seems like a really cool piece. I already downloaded the APP so I can use it to make adjustments the dash much easier using the Bluetooth connection.

I received the Dakota Digital dash last week. I was going over it this weekend. I really like this set up. VERY happy that it looks almost exactly like the original.
20240114_145920_resized.jpg

Here is the control box. If you look at the top left corner you can see the BT label indicating Bluetooth. According to the APP, once Bluetooth is enable I can go into the APP and change a bunch of settings such as display color, needle color, fuel sending unit OHMs, how the left and right display windows look and so on.
20240114_150314_resized.jpg

It came with the oil pressure and water temperature sending units along with the wiring. It also has the resistor wire to ensure the alternator charges properly.
20240114_150326_resized.jpg

The bottom right is the adapter wiring harness I purchased separately from Newrad Solutions. This will allow me to plug directly into my existing factory harness and connect to the control box. I like that the wire tips have knurls on them to make it easier to connect to the control box.
20240114_150244_resized.jpg

Here are pictures from the Newrad Solutions instructions manual showing how to connect to the factory harness.
Screenshot_20240114-151539_Drive.jpg

Here are the pin connector labels. As you can see on the left side pins 2, 4 and 9 are not used on the 89. So, I de-pinned those. On the right side, pins 2 and 12 are not used on the 89. So, I de-pinned those.
Screenshot_20240114-151228_Drive.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I spent most of my time doing bench work getting the wiring harness set up. I also installed all my sending units. Got a new VSS installed into the transmission and removed the speedometer cable.

It was not difficult installing the new oil pressure and coolant temperature sending units. I removed the old VSS with the speedometer cable and installed a new VSS. The old VSS harness was very brittle and the plastic connectors broke off. I had ordered a repair VSS connector and installed it.

I did not take pictures of a lot of this as it was basic stuff with cutting wires and installing shrink tube as well as installing sending units.

However, here you can see I did put the car up on heavy duty jack stands so I could work under it.

20240115_093150_resized.jpg

20240115_093200_resized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread