What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

bird_dog0347

Established Member
LOL, it's so funny how the wife's can't see the vision when looking at something they think is a pile of crap. Even to this day, after building my 65, my wife still can't see it. I'll look at something and say that is a cool car and she's like it's a piece of junk LMAO!!!!
Exactly, you have to have the vision of what it will be, not what it is.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
So I periodically check the batteries on the cars. I only have two battery tenders, so I periodically swap it around, but always keep the GT 350 on one.

So after I'm done cruising around I always disconnect the negative battery cable. Force of habit.

Today I checked and the one on the 93 hatch showed 12.40 volts, but failed the CCA test at 422 CCA. This one is rated at 550 CCA.

Put it on a charger, same thing. This battery is just over 2 years old. Ford has a 3 year warranty....

So I got a free replacement. These sit in a climate controlled shop all year long between 62-73 degrees..
62826a83ebe59e76a0d539ebaaa022a0.jpg
64dc433ae830cf35d628d57d1bce5245.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
what's the date code on the new battery
Dang I have to double check. I thought it was 9/23. I'll have to check tomorrow.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Motorcraft batteries aren’t what they used to be, only 3 years now and no pro rated warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Motorcraft batteries aren’t what they used to be, only 3 years now and no pro rated warranty.

Yeah I may shop around next time. I put a Die Hard battery with 750 CCA in the 67 fastback. We'll see how long that one lasts. I have a feeling the 03 cobra might need one soon. And the 90 convertible has a Exide battery which I have no idea how old it is...

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Last time
Dang I have to double check. I thought it was 9/23. I'll have to check tomorrow.

i brought a Motorcraft battery back to Ford, they tried to give me a "new" battery that was actually older than the one I was returning. The battery they tried to give me was actually already out of the warranty period.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Last time

i brought a Motorcraft battery back to Ford, they tried to give me a "new" battery that was actually older than the one I was returning. The battery they tried to give me was actually already out of the warranty period.
Wow that's messed up. I think mine was already going bad last fall. Car seemed to crank over slowly.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Recently put my 1987 Fox on E85 and dyno'd it.
Made 231hp and 275tq with 18* initial timing, Autolite 24 plugs, 27# injectors (out of an old 2006 mustang GT project), and 190lph fuel pump. It also has the A9L computer.
Mods to the car are cobra intake, 70mm t/b, Pro-M 75mm mass air, shorty headers, 1.7 rockers, and was told it has a B303 cam when I purchased it with stock E7 heads.

Did a couple of vids on it.
You can find them here -

triple-s

Established Member
Recently put my 1987 Fox on E85 and dyno'd it.
Made 231hp and 275tq with 18* initial timing, Autolite 24 plugs, 27# injectors (out of an old 2006 mustang GT project), and 190lph fuel pump. It also has the A9L computer.
Mods to the car are cobra intake, 70mm t/b, Pro-M 75mm mass air, shorty headers, 1.7 rockers, and was told it has a B303 cam when I purchased it with stock E7 heads.

Did a couple of vids on it.
You can find them here -

Doesn't make shit for power but I bet it feels like a beast and is a blast to drive. I'll honestly be surprised if mine made over 250hp with a 331 gt40p heads and a b cam.

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Doesn't make shit for power but I bet it feels like a beast and is a blast to drive. I'll honestly be surprised if mine made over 250hp with a 331 gt40p heads and a b cam.
Agreed. It's amazing how jaded you become riding in faster cars by today's standards compared to what was "fast" in the late 1980's! It's the only car I own that I can flat-foot the throttle and be in complete control without any fear of spinning the tires. LOL.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Agreed. It's amazing how jaded you become riding in faster cars by today's standards compared to what was "fast" in the late 1980's! It's the only car I own that I can flat-foot the throttle and be in complete control without any fear of spinning the tires. LOL.

Man, ain't that the truth. When I had my 89GT in 1991 and it had everything from the cam to the top end to gears and everything in between I thought my S#!T was fast.

Today my DD is a V6 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT with 8 speed automatic (the VERY bottom of the basic model). It comes from the factory with 300HP.

I just purchased a stock 89LX and it is way slow compared to my Dodge LMAO!!! The LX is still a ton of fun to drive and throw into the corners with the 5 speed, but technology sure has come a long way since the late 80's.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I forgot that I had this motorcraft ignition switch. I changed out the one in the 90 coupe, but haven't checked out the convertible or hatch yet.

I believe there was a recall for the 88-93 mustangs.

I believe I put a generic ACP brand in the coupe. I'll have to order up another.

Something tedious to do.
97d83b788be8b10bbc1e533fd7a3921f.jpg

Mustang5L5

Established Member
I run the wally-world batteries in my cars now. I didn't want to at first, but they seem to have good reviews plus they are still made by the vendors making all the other batteries.

Cheaper than a lot of other options and seems to be holding up well. The one in my Fox is over 2 years old. Haven't used trickle charge in months on it and just put one on last week and it topped up relatively quickly. Not bad for a sitting car.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I run the wally-world batteries in my cars now. I didn't want to at first, but they seem to have good reviews plus they are still made by the vendors making all the other batteries.

Cheaper than a lot of other options and seems to be holding up well. The one in my Fox is over 2 years old. Haven't used trickle charge in months on it and just put one on last week and it topped up relatively quickly. Not bad for a sitting car.
Same here. Tried the fancier brands and they all gave up in no time. Tired of paying out the ass for a battery to only last 1-2 years.

triple-s

Established Member
So my buddy got his car retuned cause the first tune was shitty by a shop here locally. We called a buddy who has a 1200 hp fox and asked if he'll stop by to tune it and bam 1 hour later the car was tuned and runs like a champ.

Attachments

• 20240321_221838.jpg
    20240321_221838.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 21

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
A stock fox sure is slow compared to the new stuff. My new 2023 Camaro LT1 is a completely different beast. These foxes are still fun to drive due to rawness and lightweight. As we all know, they really shine when the modifications start. I would have never dreamed these cars getting the attention they do today.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Yeah I may shop around next time. I put a Die Hard battery with 750 CCA in the 67 fastback. We'll see how long that one lasts. I have a feeling the 03 cobra might need one soon. And the 90 convertible has a Exide battery which I have no idea how old it is...

When the Motorcraft I put in the Cobra last August got lucky bought before they got rid of the pro rate so got a little back from Ford decides to go I’ll probably just run Costco Interstate batteries hard to beat the price.

Users who are viewing this thread