What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

bird_dog0347

Established Member
WTF man, that almost looks like it was left in horrible conditions and not vandalized... Did they park it in a sauna? (Edit, more extreme than normal Florida)

LS WUT

Established Member
WTF man, that almost looks like it was left in horrible conditions and not vandalized... Did they park it in a sauna? (Edit, more extreme than normal Florida)
I wish I knew man, I’m to blame too. I haven’t seen the car in a year. So far as I know it needs headlights because it’s cracked and waters inside of it. Tail lights for the same reason. Body work, door handles.. etc. **** me

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I wish I knew man, I’m to blame too. I haven’t seen the car in a year. So far as I know it needs headlights because it’s cracked and waters inside of it. Tail lights for the same reason. Body work, door handles.. etc. **** me
Damn Dan, that car is looking rough compared to the last picture you posted.

Just like in the "Adding your spouse to a will" thread, I mentioned family or friends and money do not mix.

Any time you lend money or possessions to a friend it normally does not end well. Your car was left abandoned with the keys inside and only because another friend seen it you were notified. If it were not for your AAA friend who knows what would have happened to your Notch Back.

Not sure how close you are to the friend who had your Notch, but I would be ripping him a new one and cutting ties with that dude. But, that's me on the outside looking in.

Glad you got it back and can now start the repair process when you're ready brother.

LS WUT

Established Member
Damn Dan, that car is looking rough compared to the last picture you posted.

Just like in the "Adding your spouse to a will" thread, I mentioned family or friends and money do not mix.

Any time you lend money or possessions to a friend it normally does not end well. Your car was left abandoned with the keys inside and only because another friend seen it you were notified. If it were not for your AAA friend who knows what would have happened to your Notch Back.

Not sure how close you are to the friend who had your Notch, but I would be ripping him a new one and cutting ties with that dude. But, that's me on the outside looking in.

Glad you got it back and can now start the repair process when you're ready brother.
He’s been in our friend group for ages. He was my brother bestfriend in 6th grade. To say I’m let down is an understatement truthfully. I do things out of the kindness of my heart when people need things. This was just another let down by people who I thought would appreciate the gesture.

As far as cutting him off I don’t know if I’ll do that, I just will not be letting my cars leave my possession anymore. It was a lesson learned on my end. I tend to want to share my accomplishments and my toys with others because I grew up with nothing.

I’m sure I’ll need some help along the way. Probably be reaching out to you guys for help in regards. As @03cobra#694 said I think there might have been some filler in that rear fender.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
He’s been in our friend group for ages. He was my brother bestfriend in 6th grade. To say I’m let down is an understatement truthfully. I do things out of the kindness of my heart when people need things. This was just another let down by people who I thought would appreciate the gesture.

As far as cutting him off I don’t know if I’ll do that, I just will not be letting my cars leave my possession anymore. It was a lesson learned on my end. I tend to want to share my accomplishments and my toys with others because I grew up with nothing.

I’m sure I’ll need some help along the way. Probably be reaching out to you guys for help in regards. As @03cobra#694 said I think there might have been some filler in that rear fender.

Well, I do apologize if I over stepped my bounds. As stated, I'm on the outside looking in and I do not know the situation of who the friend is or why he had your car.

I understand your sentiment of being a good person and wanting to help. My wife is very much like that. I, on the other hand, am called the Grinch in my family LMAO!!! I do not trust many people and tend to look at the world with my glass half empty.

I'm no professional, but really do enjoy working on cars as you can tell with my 65 build thread, my 57 Thunderbird thread and now my contributions to the Fox Body thread. If there's anything I can help you with on your Fox Body, just let me know brother!

LS WUT

Established Member
Well, I do apologize if I over stepped my bounds. As stated, I'm on the outside looking in and I do not know the situation of who the friend is or why he had your car.

I understand your sentiment of being a good person and wanting to help. My wife is very much like that. I, on the other hand, am called the Grinch in my family LMAO!!! I do not trust many people and tend to look at the world with my glass half empty.

I'm no professional, but really do enjoy working on cars as you can tell with my 65 build thread, my 57 Thunderbird thread and now my contributions to the Fox Body thread. If there's anything I can help you with on your Fox Body, just let me know brother!
Nooo, not an overstep I can assure you. It’s nice to hear someone’s view from the outside versus someone on my end. Everyone on my end knows him, and we are in a group together so the “forgive and forget” gets tossed around a bit.

I will for sure be reaching out when it comes to stripping the paint, and sanding it all down. I’m sure this car will need Jesus.

C2tuck

Established Member
Nooo, not an overstep I can assure you. It’s nice to hear someone’s view from the outside versus someone on my end. Everyone on my end knows him, and we are in a group together so the “forgive and forget” gets tossed around a bit.

I will for sure be reaching out when it comes to stripping the paint, and sanding it all down. I’m sure this car will need Jesus.

I’m with Glen on this one, but, on the ultra rare occasion that I borrow something from a friend, I always return it in better shape than I received it in. Always cleaner than I got it and full of fuel whether that be a skid steer or a track hoe. There is no excuse to not take care of someone else’s shit that they graciously let me borrow.

I personally don’t loan cars out anymore as I’ve been burned too many times by so called friends…

LS WUT

Established Member
I’m with Glen on this one, but, on the ultra rare occasion that I borrow something from a friend, I always return it in better shape than I received it in. Always cleaner than I got it and full of fuel whether that be a skid steer or a track hoe. There is no excuse to not take care of someone else’s shit that they graciously let me borrow.

I personally don’t loan cars out anymore as I’ve been burned too many times by so called friends…
That’s for sure, this will be the last time. I think my kindness was mistaken. This will be a lesson not only for me, but hopefully for him. He will no longer be able to use my vehicles, or anything.

My father raised me to do the same thing. I’ve never once given something back with low gas, or dirty. I always fill it up, or clean it. I want them to know that I’ll treat it as if it were my own.

brucesvt

Established Member
@LsWUT Wow sorry to hear that happened. Similar thing happened to me with my current project when I left to Colorado. It was left in a parking lot abandoned . Hope you get that notch back up again

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Also met up with the foxbody group today we went on a cruise then took pics then went to twin peaks. I was in my f 150 parked way in the back.
That's a nice gathering of foxes! Did you ever catch the number of that Saleen for me? I tried to zoom in but couldn't make it out.

triple-s

Established Member

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240110_114155_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240110_114155_Gallery.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 39

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I had responded with the number on one of these post but I'll have to look again cause I don't know off the top of my head.
I just looked back and saw where you posted it was #25, I’m trying to find if it’s 85 or 86. I did find the guy on Facebook, but he’s not very active…I’ll keep trying there. Thanks.

EDIT...Just spoke to the owner, Bill, on FB. It is 86 which used to be green and white.

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
@LsWUT Wow sorry to hear that happened. Similar thing happened to me with my current project when I left to Colorado. It was left in a parking lot abandoned . Hope you get that notch back up again

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Thanks buddy, I will do my best that’s for sure. With limited knowledge on the bodywork aspect I’m gonna try and learn. Paints not the best anyways, so I might as well give it a try lol.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Thanks buddy, I will do my best that’s for sure. With limited knowledge on the bodywork aspect I’m gonna try and learn. Paints not the best anyways, so I might as well give it a try lol.

Hey Dan,

When you are ready to start learning the process go to YouTube and go to a channel called Paint Society. I used to watch a lot of his videos when I was getting ready to paint my 65. He has a lot of good tutorials and shows you different products (i.e. body filler, sand paper, air tools and spray guns) so you can get an idea of what to use and how to use it.

I learned a lot and it made the painting process on my 65 a little easier. Just know mistakes are going to be made. I made my fair share LOL. He shows you how to fix mistakes and some techniques that help you keep your mistakes to a minimum.

His slogan is "Don't over think it. It's just paint." I thought that was pretty cool and it allowed me to approach the job with less stress. Because he is right. It's just paint. It can be sanded and re-sprayed. Which I had to do on my 65 LOL.

triple-s

Established Member
I just looked back and saw where you posted it was #25, I’m trying to find if it’s 85 or 86. I did find the guy on Facebook, but he’s not very active…I’ll keep trying there. Thanks.

EDIT...Just spoke to the owner, Bill, on FB. It is 86 which used to be green and white.
Oh man green and white sounds like a cool combo. I wonder when it was painted. I'll ask Bill next time I see him.

Users who are viewing this thread