What do other countries, think of Americans?

SirShaun

Established Member
I imagine before the great pussification commenced, we were revered for our intellect, freedom, beer drinking, gun toting, American dream living stature.

I've only been around since 1988, but it seems like it's been a steady downward spiral in terms of quality of living for folks. Maybe not on paper, because companies are good at reporting profits, but I think we can agree globalization has hurt small town, general public, USA. In reading about baby boomers, easily buying houses, and starting families, it paints a picture, that America was once a better place. Listening to old timers as well, it's hard out here. Sadly I don't see it getting any better as our politicians continue to sell us out to globalization.

The past 8 years, it has gotten pretty ugly, with the divide and conquer strategy. Religion, Race, Gender, Guns, all being used leading up to this last election. Pitting citizens against each other, instead of the politicians/media pulling the strings.

Not to mention, eating ass, eating tide pods, gender x, mumble rap, whatever else we wish didn't happen.

So, I'm curious, as to how the world views us now. Any folks from/stationed outside the US, care to share the general opinion from the country they live in? I just recently brought my 3rd kid into the world, and in thinking about the future, it worries me. Do outsiders view it as the shit show, we see it as?

Note: I'm doing alright, I picked up IT as soon as I could, but I know more people who are struggling, than folks who are doing alright. I realize this is SVTP and we all probably share some level of success, and I probably will regret this, because we are all packing 12 inches, sitting on 7 figures.

Last edited:

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Im biting my tongue. I’ll just say god help us with the future leaders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
I'll bite.

I'm no world traveler, but I've been to 23 countries and met a lot of people overseas. The opinion has differed just as much as you think it would. I think the average person probably experiences similar issues in their own country, and they realize the stuff you see on the news isn't a representation of the entire United States.

I do run into people that are small minded though, and blindly hate on the United States. But I think most people don't like everything going on in their own country. They are spending too much time trying to fix theirs and don't have the time to worry about ours.

The one people thing in common most foreign people generally don't understand, is the firearms ownership. Most people I've talked to want to know why Americans own so many firearms. Why isn't 1 or 2 or 3 enough? Normally I don't argue with them, and I let them voice their opinions. Coming from someone who owns quite a few firearms, not all their points are bad ones. The laws in this country could definitely use some updating. I realize that if I was raised with similar views, I would ask similar questions. We're all a product of our own environment. Who am I to say their opinions are wrong and mine are right?

Overall though, other countries are experiencing the same shit show we are. Just different things in their shows.

Zemedici

Established Member
My personal experience leads me to believe the general opinion of Americans is we’re fat and lazy....

With the obesity problem in this country, are they wrong?

SirShaun

Established Member
My personal experience leads me to believe the general opinion of Americans is we’re fat and lazy....

With the obesity problem in this country, are they wrong?

No, they aren't wrong. What makes them a healthier country though? You raise a rather solid question. I get less calories, less sugar, the science behind it, but what forms of intake do we not share? Is it soda?

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
In my experience, people who view the U.S as shitty (relative to the rest of the world) just haven't been around much.

Every year I leave this continent and within a few days I find myself thinking that, despite all our problems, holy shit do we generally have our shit together compared to most of the world...

blk02edge

Established Member
most of the world views america as an arrogant, fat and obnoxious. Nothing new. And not my opinion.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
most of the world views america as an arrogant, fat and obnoxious. Nothing new. And not my opinion.
I could care less what the world thinks. We are prosperous, thriving, and still the #1 global super power.

No one can touch us militarily, or technologically.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

nxhappy

Established Member
some people hate Americans, some people love us. Not really a "set opinion" I suppose.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I spent 2 years in Sicily and 4 trips of 3 years to the Middle East. It seems that most including Muslims like Americans 1 on 1 but hate our government. We're not bad people but in the end we do what we are told and that is where the problem sometimes comes in. To many we are viewed as Germany when Hitler was taking over everything and doing whatever it took to do so.

Never_Enough

Established Member
No, they aren't wrong. What makes them a healthier country though? You raise a rather solid question. I get less calories, less sugar, the science behind it, but what forms of intake do we not share? Is it soda?
Soda = bad mmkay?

Users who are viewing this thread