What do women think of your built cobra?

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I've found the only people that noticed my Terminator or my GT350 are 2 types of dudes. 1) owns a similar pony/muscle car or 2) owns a lifted truck with a V8 (diesel for sure, sometimes gas) and thinks his truck is super fast. Maybe 1 gal out of 5000 gives a rip about cars, let alone fast or really fast/capable cars.

A lot higher percentage of random people commented on my 2013 Panther Black Crystal RS5 and how beautiful the design and paint was.

LS WUT

Established Member
Is this a real thread on svtp?
I thought we all had buckets at the garage door to depost soaked panties in?
The only thing women, expecially of the younger variety, love more than a 20 year old cobra, is a 30 year old fox body and a dad bod.
Psssssh. Check, check, and CHECK for me!

freebird50

Established Member
And I'm a dick. lol
My wife will ride in mine, but I don't dare hit the go fast pedal very hard.
I took my brother for a ride and he actually was terrified but he liked it. I asked him what the ladies would think and he said it would need to be a certain girl to enjoy it. It's not like some kind of fancy Porsche or BMW lol. Breaking loose at freeway speeds when you hit the gas is great for me but wonder if others would enjoy it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member
When I met my wife, she would always say things to me like, "I've always wanted a V8 sports car, but I don't know what to get". Of course, I had been pining for my dream Cobra since I sold my Fauxbra in the late 00's, and was always pushing her towards a Mustang anyway.

Long story short, her mother passed and left her some inheritance, with that, we paid off her daily driver, and that freed up some extra cash so now I could go out and finally get my dream car, my 97 Cobra. After I got my car, we started looking around for her dream V8 sports car, and she made sure it was something extra special and not a 'run of the mill' GT, or something common. I even briefly tried to get her into a Viper when they were still somewhat affordable back then. She was seriously considering a Mystichrome coupe at one point, but her plan was to occasionally drive it to work, and I said, nu uh not with that paint and her parking lot!!!

We found a nice low mileage 09 Shelby GT500 that was supposedly tuned to over 700+ hp, it was at a local Mercedes dealership and the previous owner really loved it and took care of it, but the clutch made the thing nearly undrivable. It was more like an on/off switch than a clutch. We drove it, she hated it, I didn't like it and we left. As we were leaving, there was a Ford dealership right next to it, and sitting out front was an 07 Shelby GT500. We were mostly concerned with the first one we drove, and had no idea this one was even sitting there. We popped in, and took it for a test drive WITH the last owner (who was a salesman at the dealership). I drove it first and it felt very good. She drove it, and it seemed to just kind a click with us. So she bought it.

Now, fast forward 3 years later, and it's now a hobby we both share. To be perfectly honest, I was a little gun shy at first to welcome her in to one of my hobbies, but now that I get a chance to reflect on everything that we've gotten to do together with our cars, I wouldn't have it any other way, and am super thankful to have her by my side.

I just need to get my car to be able to beat hers now lol.

IMG_2398.JPG

My wife loves to go fast, and she's kind of an addict with her car to be perfectly honest. She loves the sound, the speed and the looks she always gets from people. I think it takes finding the right one to truly appreciate a fast car and what it's capable of.

Hope you're able to find one soon!

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
When I met my wife, she would always say things to me like, "I've always wanted a V8 sports car, but I don't know what to get". Of course, I had been pining for my dream Cobra since I sold my Fauxbra in the late 00's, and was always pushing her towards a Mustang anyway.

Long story short, her mother passed and left her some inheritance, with that, we paid off her daily driver, and that freed up some extra cash so now I could go out and finally get my dream car, my 97 Cobra. After I got my car, we started looking around for her dream V8 sports car, and she made sure it was something extra special and not a 'run of the mill' GT, or something common. I even briefly tried to get her into a Viper when they were still somewhat affordable back then. She was seriously considering a Mystichrome coupe at one point, but her plan was to occasionally drive it to work, and I said, nu uh not with that paint and her parking lot!!!

We found a nice low mileage 09 Shelby GT500 that was supposedly tuned to over 700+ hp, it was at a local Mercedes dealership and the previous owner really loved it and took care of it, but the clutch made the thing nearly undrivable. It was more like an on/off switch than a clutch. We drove it, she hated it, I didn't like it and we left. As we were leaving, there was a Ford dealership right next to it, and sitting out front was an 07 Shelby GT500. We were mostly concerned with the first one we drove, and had no idea this one was even sitting there. We popped in, and took it for a test drive WITH the last owner (who was a salesman at the dealership). I drove it first and it felt very good. She drove it, and it seemed to just kind a click with us. So she bought it.

Now, fast forward 3 years later, and it's now a hobby we both share. To be perfectly honest, I was a little gun shy at first to welcome her in to one of my hobbies, but now that I get a chance to reflect on everything that we've gotten to do together with our cars, I wouldn't have it any other way, and am super thankful to have her by my side.

I just need to get my car to be able to beat hers now lol.

View attachment 1811436

My wife loves to go fast, and she's kind of an addict with her car to be perfectly honest. She loves the sound, the speed and the looks she always gets from people. I think it takes finding the right one to truly appreciate a fast car and what it's capable of.

Hope you're able to find one soon!
I'm in the same boat as you. My wife's is 03 Cobra is much faster than my 98. lol. But that will change soon. I've been collecting parts over the past decade to build a C headed forged bullet with a single turbo. She and I can't wait to get started on it.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My current GF doesn't give two shits. (She drives a Honda Ridgeline)
Last time she was in my car, I goosed it and she hurt her elbow and then got pissed and started calling me vulgar names. :LOL:

I pull up to the next light and 2 kids pulled up next to me asking about the car and she was like wtf :ROFLMAO:

Captain Fluffy Nuggies

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm in the same boat as you. My wife's is 03 Cobra is much faster than my 98. lol. But that will change soon. I've been collecting parts over the past decade to build a C headed forged bullet with a single turbo. She and I can't wait to get started on it.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
That sounds like a lot of fun!

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've met a few around here that are into fast cars. But they're usually at the car meet so it's expected.

My wife enjoys going fast. I have a video somewhere of me racing my buddy in his Cobra. She's the one that took the video. We had to go to Lowes the other day and I decided to take the Cobra for the hell of it. On the way home I stabbed 2nd and 3rd. She said her heart stopped then giggled like most of us do when we're in a fast car.

Funny story, a few years ago my friend was looking at a 2007 Charger SRT8. He wanted me to check it out to get a second opinion. He rode shotgun, his wife sat behind me, and the salesman sat behind my buddy. I might have taken a few on/off ramps a little faster than needed. The salesman was holding on for dear life. My buddies wife never missed a word while texting.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
lol best thing I ever did was remove my seats and make it a drag car lol no more nagging and saying the fumes are making me nauseous and I can’t hear anything my ears hurt etc……

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

mlackke

Established Member
Let me think, since purchase, she has said:
- it smells gasoline
- makes horrible whine
- every bump in the road makes her fell sick
- it does not have radio, air condition, or place put phone
- it has zilloin gauges, but only she looks is speedmeter what does not work
- pressing clutch feels like doing leg press

Yup, she is big fan of the car.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Most women don’t give a shit.. Just my experience. LOL when I first got divorced and was pulling skanks off tinder/bumble, some asked me to bring my grown-up car on the next date, or they asked do you have any other cars.. Yes and I got bikes too!:LOL:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Most women don’t give a shit.. Just my experience. LOL when I first got divorced and was pulling skanks off tinder/bumble, some asked me to bring my grown-up car on the next date, or they asked do you have any other cars.. Yes and I got bikes too!:LOL:
Grown up car. lol

Users who are viewing this thread