• Other

Votes: 137 32.0%
  • California Water Blade

Votes: 44 10.3%

• Total voters

mosconiac

Established Member
I use the California Water Blade.

I was VERY skeptical at first, but I have no complaints (well, it was overpriced, ~$20 at WalMart). Now I'm convinced it was a great purchase. It slings the water right off the car leaving almost nothing behind (for the wise guys...the paint does remain behind).

The Water Blade makes drying the car very quick, kinda fun in a Mustang-geek kinda way and reduces towel usage down to a single towel for the *entire* car (important when the better half is doing the towel washing LOL).

For towels, I use Cannon 100% cotton, white only, tags removed (same type of towels I use for applying Zaino's).

ZXnVS

Established Member
I have no doubt that the "water blade" removes most of the water very quickly and efficiently, but I've always been worried that anything I may have missed on the surface will be scraped across the paint by the rubber blade. Terry cloth (or, presumably, the Absorber) seems more likely to lift a contaminant off the surface. I hope I'm wrong, though, because the hard water around her makes it almost impossible to wash the car without leaving spots, and removing the water more quickly with the "blade" might reduce them... I might have to give it a try.

Cobra'03

Established Member
U se the Blade to remove the standing water, then either a miracle towel (looks like a waffle material) from Griot's, or one of those new large Miracle Towels. Hasn't scratched yet.

skstang

Established Member
Are we supposed to wash it? Hell, I just put some Z2 on it and if it's gets dusty I Z6 it. I havent heard that a Chamoise removes wax. Is that true? I owned a Absorber about 10 years ago and it didnt work worth a damn. I hope they have improved it since then.

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
I have been using a microfibre drying towel sold to me by a detailer, it doesnt appear to be scratching so far.

mosconiac

Established Member
EDZ: Great point. That would eliminate the problem areas (water continually running off the mirrors, under trunk...etc).

ZXnVS: I was also worried about anything I had missed scratching the paint as the Water Blade slid across. I'm not as worried now that I've seen it work. A virtual tidal wave forms in front of the Blade that should easily lift & suspend that debris and fling it onto the ground. Instead, a towel/absorber/chamois will collect that particle which can then be ground into the paint. Also, the "blade" is VERY soft and flexible. I can't believe I ended up liking this thing. I was VERY prepared to hate it.

rotorhed

Established Member
I use a CA H2O Blade to get the excess off and then a chamois.
I guess I'm old school but I've been using chamois' since my first car in 1972 and prefer it over the new stuff.
(Don't think Zaino minds it either)

blucobra03

Established Member
I use several 100% cotton bath towels (made in the USA) only). Does a great job and as long as you rotate the towel there is very little chance of anything creating a scratch issue. Been using them for over 30 years and can't ever remember scratching the paint. I'm like you guys too, a real picky sum bit**. I think one of the things that helps me is I always take the hose and without any nozzle, I run the water over the car from top to bottom to ensure nothing is on it. Then I'll back it into the garage and dry it, again, starting with the top and working my way down.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
I always use a CLEAN chamois, pre-soaked and wrung damp. After each time I dry the car, the chamois gets washed with Dawn and rinsed to remove all traces of the Dawn. Wrung damp, placed in Ziploc plastic bag. After removing surface water with chamois, I use 100% cotton towls to dry. I wash and dry the yowels myself, so wife doesn't care.

donaisenbrey

Established Member
What happens when the leaf blower intake sucks in a "hard" particle and fires it at the paint at 120MPH?............Don

ho779

Established Member
Originally posted by donaisenbrey
What happens when the leaf blower intake sucks in a "hard" particle and fires it at the paint at 120MPH?............Don

thats what i was thinking.

Weasel

Established Member
I do as Harry Gilbert does. Slice off excess water with damp chamois then clean cotton towel.

Mike

my03svtcobra

Established Member
Originally posted by donaisenbrey
HOLLY $HIT THATS FUNNY AS HELL :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread