• Other

Votes: 137 32.0%
  • California Water Blade

Votes: 44 10.3%

• Total voters

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
dry it with a cotton bath towel. drive around the block or to the store and back. dry again with same towel. No water spots, no scratches, no streaks.

JJPMach1

Red 2003 Mach 1
Established Member
acutally the best thing is get the Crafstman Shop Vac that doubles as a blower and use the reducing cone on it. Works awesome drys all around the mirrors and plastic trim, use it in the engine ba, no water spots at all and when you pull the car in the garage no drips. open the doors and blow all the dust out of the car, even cleans around the shifter boot. Only thing that stinks is be sure that you clean up, my wife backed over the cone, & Crafstman changed the style, & can't find a nozzel anywhere and drying takes forever now.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Every time I have used a microfiber towel no matter what manufacturer they always leave thousands of microfibers all over the car. Is this normal?

As I stated earlier I blow dry my car but I also follow up using Eqyptian-weave cotton towels. Another good towel type are the diapers from before the 1970 Pamper era began. If you can find the old traditional plush-cotton diapers, these are some of the best things you can use for drying and buffing the shine.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
California water blade (carefully, the plastic handle han scratch) then an Absorber synthetic chamois. I make sure boht are clean before use. Sometimes I feel like looking like a jackass and use an electric leaf blower to blow all the water out of the cracks:)

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
Long ago (10 years :eek: ), when I lived in the boonies, I would take my car out after washing and bring it up to about 100 mph for a little bit, dried it off quite nicely. Then touchup with an absorber.

I can't really do that now, so I just use the absorber. No problems with spots or scratching.

Dave

Trevor_00Ws6

O.R.A.N.G.E. A.R.M.Y
Established Member
I use the huge blowers at my car wash... I work at a Kwik Kar Wash and hand wash my cobra and ws6, then send them through on default so no watter or soap or the machines come on, then turn on the blower at the end and it dries the car quite well.. Then finish with Tropi-Care microfiber weave towel.

NO scratches on my black ws6 or MC Cobra.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
ROFL
Oh Three Cobra said:
California water blade (carefully, the plastic handle han scratch) then an Absorber synthetic chamois. I make sure boht are clean before use. Sometimes I feel like looking like a jackass and use an electric leaf blower to blow all the water out of the cracks:)

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
yea i'm with you man, nothin works like a good ol' terry cloth
03yllwguy said:
I haven't read this thread in a while, but I tried the california water blad, Bad idea. The rubber squeegie (sp?) comes off and streaks the paints. I also think it scratches the paint if there is any little contaminant on the surface. I now stick to 100% cotton towels.

Users who are viewing this thread