Votes: 97 22.7%
  • Other

Votes: 137 32.0%
  • California Water Blade

Votes: 44 10.3%

• Total voters

eiblish

Established Member
:coolman: :coolman: Absorber to take the heavy drops off, then finish with chamois. I have two pieces of chamois: one for the main outer surface, the other for inside the doors, trunk lid, etc.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Another thread returns from the dead. Search is awesome!

A couple of things not yet mentioned... I use an electric leaf blower. Walmart or similar stores sell these for $20-$25 dollars for bargain models. They may not be as good at blowing leaves as gas blowers but they have more than enough power for drying cars. Not a big investment to try one. They are also GREAT for dusting and sweeping your garage. They do a much better job than a broom.

For whatever reason, drying with a leaf blower leaves a freshly polished type of appearance. I have had people think I just waxed the car after I washed and blow dried it. The leaf blower does a great job drying cracks, the wheels, THE ENGINE! If you wash your engine, try a leaf blower and say goodbye to spots.

This has been a public service message from the "Electric Leaf Blowers council..."

:-D

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I haven't read this thread in a while, but I tried the california water blad, Bad idea. The rubber squeegie (sp?) comes off and streaks the paints. I also think it scratches the paint if there is any little contaminant on the surface. I now stick to 100% cotton towels.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I use The Absorber, followed by microfiber towels to finish up. No scratches thus far.

JymBart

Established Member
Microfiber towel sold through Griots

Truth is I do not wash my`94 or `03 Cobras. They are not daily drivers, never have been in rain or snow. I use a spray product "Mothers Showtime" and a micro fiber towel for dust.

On my Black Explorer (daily driver) I use a blade to remove the excess water and microfiber towels that I bought from Griots Garage. I`d never use a cotton towel,...... microfiber is the only way to go for drying and removing wax!

JymBart

icu812

GOT MILF?
Established Member
I use the water blade followed with a microfiber towel never any scratches
I also fint that the size 34d tits that the local car wash gal has does an exellent job also

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
03yllwguy said:
I haven't read this thread in a while, but I tried the california water blad, Bad idea. The rubber squeegie (sp?) comes off and streaks the paints. I also think it scratches the paint if there is any little contaminant on the surface. I now stick to 100% cotton towels.

Yup. I now use the Blade for squeegeeing down my shower afterwards to cut down on soap scum.

The Mr. Clean autodry really renders the other products obsolete.

UKnow

Established Member
Leaf Blower and then go over the missed spots with a 100% cotton towel.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
As I posted earlier in this thread (and since it was dug up again). :beer:

Blk03SVTCobra said:
I use a Microfiber Towel called "The Big Blue Drying Towel." This is easily the best drying tool I have ever come across. I absolutely love mine. I bought it from Classic Motoring Accessories.

Here is a direct link to it: Big Blue Drying Towel

I am not a vendor for that site or anything of the sort. I am just an EXTREMELY satisfied customer. I have bought a ton of stuff from this site and they know what they're talking about.

For those of you who love to keep your car clean, I encourage you to try out the Autopia Detailing Forum. I am a member and there are a ton of people on here who know how to get and keep your car cleaner than you ever thought possible.

Please if any of you have a question about any detailing stuff, go to that site and become a member (it's free) and post under the forum titled "Autopia University." It is just full of information on everything from engine cleaning to undercarriage cleaning to waxing to removing swirl marks.

I hope all of this information helps you out. PM me if you have any questions about anything.

NEVRL8

Established Member
Mr. Cean Autodry here, skeptical at first, but it really works well, even on my black convertible!!! No spots anywhere, not even on the glass.

Users who are viewing this thread