What do you guy recommend to paint protection?

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Hey everyone. I know there are products out there like Xpel's paint protection film. Anyone have any experience with their products or any other company's? My last car had about a dozen paint chips in it in barely 15K miles and I want to prevent this from happening to my current car.

Tucker

I had Ultrashield 3M clear bra put on mine and love it.
I did the hood, fenders, wheel lips on the fenders half way back, door cups and edges.

I also have the Expel light covers, love the look, just very dark.

Can't see the lines can yea Russ? (Christmas Vacation :) )

Last edited:

cbrmuscle

Established Member
That car is amazing!! What wheels are those? They are the nicest on a S197 I've seen yet. And are the lights still usable at night or is it too much tint? I've been looking at those Xpel covers.

Tucker

Thanks,
I love the wheels.
Made by BOZE. They will custom make them with any finish, color, polish or not. These are brushed spokes, polished flutes (center of spoke) and polished lip.

I will be changing the light covers to a lighter shade. Too dark for me at night even with HIDs.

Thanks again
Jay

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
I did the 3m clear bra also but i didn't do the hood. On a white car you can see a dust or dirt line across the hood, so i just did the front and put a mask over the front lip of the hood looks great!

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
3M - just make sure you research the installer. It is all about the installer...and don't rely on the "this guy is expensive, he must be good" line. Find someone who has done many cars and that you can verify the work.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
more often then not the dealer guy is the one to use. If you
can get his name/company (speak with the prep guys) you'll be
rocking and rolling:rolling:

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Thanks guys. I know one local installer and I have a co-worker that had it installed by the same. I'll take a closer look at his car in the summer and he's had it on there for a few years now. This should tell me if I have anything to worry about.

maniax racing

Established Member
Thanks,
I love the wheels.
Made by BOZE. They will custom make them with any finish, color, polish or not. These are brushed spokes, polished flutes (center of spoke) and polished lip.

I will be changing the light covers to a lighter shade. Too dark for me at night even with HIDs.

Thanks again
Jay
Cool ....Sell me those or point me in the direction where you bought em:beer:

Gojira

Established Member
I had my complete bumper, hood and fenders done all the way up. so basically the whole front of my car. You can't see any lines... well because there arent any there. I used Venture Shield. My car is black and its very easy to scratch the fenders when leaning over working on it so thats why I went ahead and did the complete fenders too.

Squeeler92

Clearbra ... do NOT get the normal leather bra's that you strap onto the front of your car, they will actually damage the paint over time. Also, as others have said, make sure you get a good installer. These can go on being barely noticeable, but in the hands of a bad installer ... well, you get the picture ...

cbrmuscle

Established Member
Yeah I definately will not get a leather bra, they look like junk and yes they damage the paint underneath. Do you notice a seam at the stripes or is it unnoticeable? Just curious as the vinyl is raised slightly.

Tucker

Your going to see it in person, it's on there, but it's not bad. Most people don't notice it, until I show them. Others think it's s light scratch until they get up on it.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I'm really thinking of using the 3M clear bra just on the
front end and lower qt panels.

I get crazy with the (detail love) gloss/depth/shine/wetness so doing the hood/fenders, etc are out for me

cbrmuscle

Established Member
I guess it depends on where you live. I know my last car got murdered with chips and I barely even do highway driving. I'll live with a little less gloss as it will save me repainting in 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread