what do you guys think

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
It's going to be close, he might edge you out down until 100 or so. His gearing sucks up top so you might catch him in fourth.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
when I was at 460rwhp I walked a 380awhp evo... Your race will be a little closer but you should take him

silvrsrt

Established Member
ok I think these are his mods..

4 inch Dejon intake
3 in tbe
AEM EMS w/sensors
FP Evo Green w/ 18psi actuator
3 in o2 housing-came w/turbo
HKS cams
SLBR FM intercooler w/lower 2.5 in pipe
Dejon 2.75 in upper ic pipe
Forge MBC
PTE1000cc injectors
Walbro 255 lph
Quarter Master Twin Disc w/ lightweight flywheel
ARP Headstuds
Seibon carbon fenders

He hasn't dyno'd yet but Is guessing around 500whp

I think the biggest factor for me is the driver mod... How in the hell do you guys drive these things??!?!! My srt4 was cake I could power shift any gear anytime and never miss a gear. The cobra on the other hand feels like I am trying to speed shift a semi or something! Is there any tricks that will help out? I have yet to try power shifting ( wot shifting ) But I think I will have to to beat this car...

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Don't bother trying to power shift.. These cars hate that..

Also, is he on the stock turbo? Is this an evo VIII or IX? What year?

big_huff

Established Member
Hes not at 500 to the wheels, the fp green turbo is to small to get 500 but with race gas he can get close to 450whp. If he has a small shot of nitrous then he could get to 500whp

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I think the biggest factor for me is the driver mod... How in the hell do you guys drive these things??!?!! My srt4 was cake I could power shift any gear anytime and never miss a gear. The cobra on the other hand feels like I am trying to speed shift a semi or something! Is there any tricks that will help out? I have yet to try power shifting ( wot shifting ) But I think I will have to to beat this car...

Do you still have the stock clutch quadrant in the car? A firewall adjuster? I see you have a B&M shifter so that should help some. These cars, especially when you start throwing more power at them, can be difficult to shift. The transmission is very notchy. But an aftermarket clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster really make a big difference. Powershifting will be much easier with these two installed. That's and just be a man and put the car in gear! :D

Don't bother trying to power shift.. These cars hate that..

What are you talking about? The cars can handle powershifting just fine, the tranny is very strong. It's just a little difficult on some vehicles. With a firewall adjuster to adjust the clutch a little powershifting will be cake.

silvrsrt

Established Member
Do you still have the stock clutch quadrant in the car? A firewall adjuster? I see you have a B&M shifter so that should help some. These cars, especially when you start throwing more power at them, can be difficult to shift. The transmission is very notchy. But an aftermarket clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster really make a big difference. Powershifting will be much easier with these two installed. That's and just be a man and put the car in gear! :D

What are you talking about? The cars can handle powershifting just fine, the tranny is very strong. It's just a little difficult on some vehicles. With a firewall adjuster to adjust the clutch a little powershifting will be cake.

it does have the firewall adjuster but my tuner said it looks like it is almost all the way out:??:

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member

I have all that stuff and I would still be just as fast without power shifting because the car hates it and I would be bouncing off rev limiter for a split second. Just not worth what little it does do in these cars IMO... However in my friends Si, it is like cutting warm butter.

silvrsrt

Established Member
Hes not at 500 to the wheels, the fp green turbo is to small to get 500 but with race gas he can get close to 450whp. If he has a small shot of nitrous then he could get to 500whp

I dont think he has nitrous but I can guarantee he will be running race gas.. Also the guy that tunes his car is a DSM genious lol and he knows aem like the back of his hand

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I have all that stuff and I would still be just as fast without power shifting because the car hates it and I would be bouncing off rev limiter for a split second. Just not worth what little it does do in these cars IMO....

If you're bouncing off the limiter then you're not shifting fast enough. Are you basing the car not being faster off your just being in the car or off times at the track. You're car should and will be if done correctly 2-3 tenths faster when powershifted, which equates to 1-2 car lengths.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, it should definitely be an interesting race. I'll wager on the Terminator......just because. ;-) :burnout:

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
I agree with the statement that he isn't at 500whp. He would need an FP Red or bigger to break 500whp, he is most likely in the 420-450awhp range on race fuel.

pianoman90

Established Member
I agree that he's around 400-450 awhp. For instance, a GT35R turbo with methanol injection would definately put him around the 500 awhp range. Also to get that power, most people up the boost above 20psi (23 on pump, 25-27 or so on meth, IIRC). So you should be able to hold your own in this race. What kind of tires are you running?

BTW, an Evo VIII weighs around 3200-3300 depending on the model. I'm not sure about the IX, but it's probably pretty close to that.

silvrsrt

Established Member
I agree that he's around 400-450 awhp. For instance, a GT35R turbo with methanol injection would definately put him around the 500 awhp range. Also to get that power, most people up the boost above 20psi (23 on pump, 25-27 or so on meth, IIRC). So you should be able to hold your own in this race. What kind of tires are you running?

BTW, an Evo VIII weighs around 3200-3300 depending on the model. I'm not sure about the IX, but it's probably pretty close to that.

I will be running MT ET street radials 295/40/17's

I am sure we will go from a roll... What would be a good mph in my favor?

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I will be running MT ET street radials 295/40/17's

I am sure we will go from a roll... What would be a good mph in my favor?

Where did you find 295/40's? I've looked for those and all I can find are the 295/45's. If you can get traction a 40 roll from second is a good speed.

Users who are viewing this thread