What do you guys think?

stock 351

Established Member
I am new here and just found this forum and need some opinions

I am in the market for a mustang but as you guys may know the left over 2012 are really inexpensive and have a great financing offers. I like both body styles I am on the fence financially speaking versus time...because I am pretty sure if I wait till the end of the year the 2013 model rebates should come in. But I am very tempted to pull the trigger since both cars should be enough for a weekend car. Any opinions? Are the 13's much better? Both cars felt the same to me.

FYI a dealer close to me has a 2012 GT/CS all the options 31.5k plus tax, with a 0% offer vs a premium 13 GT for 33k plus tax with not as low financing offer.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Any opinions? Are the 13's much better? Both cars felt the same to me.

It basically comes down to price and personal preference. I was also in the market for a new mustang and was looking at very lightly used/new mustang's. I test drove a 2012 locally and it felt pretty much the exact same as the 2013 I ended up buying. The only differences are basically cosmetic and the lighting. The 2013s do not have the plastic wrapped around the car whereas the 2011-12's do (I personally was not a fan of the plastic). The 2013s all come equipped with LEDS, which is nice, but was not a deciding factor on which car I was going to get. And of course the extra 8 horsepower on the 2013s..... but I would hope that would not be a deciding factor as well

FYI a dealer close to me has a 2012 GT/CS all the options 31.5k plus tax, with a 0% offer vs a premium 13 GT for 33k plus tax with not as low financing offer.

The 2012 I test drove (lightly used at 4k miles) was local and the lowest price I could get them down to was 27 OTD + TTL which would bring me to around 29.5, which is actually the same price I got my 2013 gt base(brand new) at. The choice was obvious to me as I was getting a brand new car (4000 less miles and the new body style) for the same price.

Ford really does have some great deals going on right now. For the 2012s they have 3k cash back or like 0% financing. The 2013s are 1k cash back or low financing as well. The dealership I dealt with ended up giving me 1k cash back with a very low financing rate as well (3.99%) and 3 year tire replacement plan on top of 3 year dent repair.

Don't be afraid to ask for a lower price, and if they refuse simply tell them that you have a better deal elsewhere and walk away. When I told dealerships that another dealer offered me a 2013 for under 30k OTD most of the dealership laughed in my face and would say stuff along the lines of "I'm sure they did" or "yeah I bet", simply remind them that if they would like to make a deal then they know what they have to do.

Good luck, if you have any questions or whatnot shoot me a PM

grnenvy

Established Member
If u really like the added features that the 13 has then buy it. I like the 11-12 rear end better but that wouldn't stop me from buying a 13.. What ever u do buy a car that hasn't been modded.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
the 13' doesnt seem to suffer from as many annoying "little issues" that some 12's. I bought a 13' because I love the front end and the new tail lights are SICK, also I like the little changes they did to the bace model interior vs the base 12'. Also, the headlights on the 13' are 100000000 times better and are HID standard with HID fogs as well. Also, if your looking into an auto, the 13's have the select shift feature which is nice if your into roll racing on the highway. But over all you cant really go wrong either way.

stock 351

Established Member
Thanks for the response I still haven't been able to pull the trigger but I think a 2013 might be the better choice. I am going to wait till after 10/1 to see if ford brings out new promos for the 13.

But this dealer in CA has a 2011 GT premium brand new , no previous owner... For 28k but that's too old now for me but seems very tempting.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There have been too many changes since 2011 to buy that one for a price you could buy a newer one at. If I were you, I would just look into a 2007-09 Shelby at that price range.

But out of your options, I'd take the '12 GT/CS. The California Specials are really cool looking cars. I do like the front end of the 13's more, but how often are you going to be looking at the front end of it while you're driving?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I like the front end from the '12 better, and the rear from the '13. I think the '13 front end looks like a Large Mouth Bass, LOL.

The '13 has more doo-dads, although I bought a base car for a reason.

Either one is a winner.

Mike

Back N Black

Killin' It
Established Member
There have been too many changes since 2011 to buy that one for a price you could buy a newer one at. If I were you, I would just look into a 2007-09 Shelby at that price range.

But out of your options, I'd take the '12 GT/CS. The California Specials are really cool looking cars. I do like the front end of the 13's more, but how often are you going to be looking at the front end of it while you're driving?

Where are you finding 07-09 GT500s for less than 30k?

vfast

Established Member
the 13 in the front is starting to look like the the mid 70's mustang and we all know what almost happened. i bought a left over and got almost 10 k off with a very low apr

Users who are viewing this thread