what do you guys think?

ctgreddy

Established Member
I believe there's already someone on here that's 17, or maybe it was 19. Either way go for it, just know you need to respect the car for what it is and not drive like a typical reckless teenager. Also really helps if you work really hard and buy it with your own money/own loan. Gets you a lot more respect than mom/dad buying it for you.

Sick SVT

Established Member
Depends if it's a responsible 18 year old or a dumb one. Same could be said for a 30 year old too. Age doesn't matter. I was 17 when I bought my first fox and had a built 327 with kenne bell blower. Don't be an idiot and you will be fine.

DannyBoy08

Established Member
I guess no matter the age of the individual, one has to consider if they are capable of handling the power that a car like this can produce. If there are doubts, the purchase should be seriously contemplated.

The next portion applies to any purchase. Is this 18-year old buying this car with their own money that they earn? I don't care if it is a 1979 pinto, an immature teen that is given a car will likely destroy it. I think the odds go to caring for a car, when it is earned, not given.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
If an 18 year old can join the military and use a gun then why not own a terminator.

mrose75

Established Member
For the most part I say no, it's like giving a baby a loaded handgun. Something bad is going to happen. But there are those that are mature enough for it, like mentioned above. If they worked their tails off for 18-24 months and saved every dime, they may appreciate it and treat it with respect. I wouldn't have given myself keys to a Cobra at 18. Bought mine when I was 28.

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
I bought my first terminator when I was 20 and the only reason I don't have it anymore is because some ass hole decided they needed it more then I did

weaselp1

Established Member
I got into lots of trouble with a 1985 Mustang gt with a 351 Windsor growing up. It had 350 RWHP. That being said, that was all I could afford. If I could have bought a terminator, then I would have. I say why not, you have to start somewhere. :rockon:

maverick0817

Established Member
If you have the money go for it. Insurance is going to be bad.
I know if I had a 03 cobra, when I was 18, I would have probally ended up dead in a ditch somewhere.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If an 18 year old can join the military and use a gun then why not own a terminator.

This! I would only say 'maybe no' if the 18 year old had been driving for less than a year and/or had no experience with a muscle car. Especially if the Terminator was modded. But even that can be tamed by a responsible driver. Maturity and responsibility behind the wheel go a long way. Suggestion, though. Might be a worthwhile investment to attend a good high performance driving school (like Bondurant).

Riored95

Established Member
It all depends on the individual in my eyes too. I had a few toys that cld hurt me just as fast or faster then one of these cars. You just have to respect it! On the same note I have met people that at 40 years old that act worst then a lot of 18 year olds

Users who are viewing this thread