What do you guys use to keep your batteries working when you have multiple cars?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Deltran battery tender. I didn't realize that a lot of newer cars need to have the doors locked while the car is in storage or the car actively conintues to search for your key. My Audi died without the tender on after a few weeks parked in my garage.

blue 07

Established Member
I have 2 stangs put away for 5-6 months of the year and I just start them once a month, no battery tenders, no issues.
IMG_3542.JPG

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i have two battery tenders. the junior one from amazon which was cheap and i recently picked up the bigger one at costco for the same price. and then a ctek one as well. i have a few cars that sit quite a bit.

not having my gt500 on a battery tender killed the alternator. just too much strain on it trying to start it up. ever since i put a battery tender on it, no more issues at all

I have 2 stangs put away for 5-6 months of the year and I just start them once a month, no battery tenders, no issues.
View attachment 80532

i was always told the vehicle needs to either idle for quite a bit or have a load put on it for the battery to charge.

Beavis281

Established Member
I use a "battery tender" brand. Works great and like others said, it's "smart". It will never over charge or ruin a battery.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
We use battery tender brand battery tenders for most of our vehicles. We have a couple AGM optima batteries that we use optima charger/tenders on.

CompO_Eric

Arch Enemy of the Prius
Established Member
In the past 5 years, I have frequently traveled outside the US for work, generally 2-4 months at a time. That said, I always pulled the negative terminal off my vehicles battery and never had a starting or charging issue upon my return. Mind you I do prime the motors before trying to start them.

The battery in my Terminator has been in the car since September 2012 and the battery in my 2014 Raptor is the factory original. Both brands are Motorcraft.

The only thing I do is reload the tune to each vehicle just for safe measure.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

blue 07

Established Member
i have two battery tenders. the junior one from amazon which was cheap and i recently picked up the bigger one at costco for the same price. and then a ctek one as well. i have a few cars that sit quite a bit.

not having my gt500 on a battery tender killed the alternator. just too much strain on it trying to start it up. ever since i put a battery tender on it, no more issues at all

i was always told the vehicle needs to either idle for quite a bit or have a load put on it for the battery to charge.
I do let them idle for a while at least till the temp comes up, and I also move them as to not get any flat spots on the tires as well. Maybe it's that I miss seeing and driving them mostly. LOL !!

blue 07

Established Member
Sweet poster set up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Thanks. I work for a company that is an Authorized Ford Truck Chassis Pool Upfitter, meaning we install all types of truck bodies and truck equipment for over 100 Ford dealers in the northeast area so I have one on one contact with many Ford dealers. I try to get all the cool posters that the dealers have that you cant get just anywhere. Knowing many owners, sales managers, etc. for over 20 plus years in the business, gets me some cool stuff and inside info.;)

olympic

Established Member
I use C-Tek brand. I like that they have different modes for AGM, lead-acid and small batteries as well as a re-condition mode. I keep one on the Cobra anytime it will not be started for a few days and have one permanently installed on my truck which will kill the battery in a week if it's not started. It's on the "to-do" list to track down what's draining the battery but I haven't got to it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread