What do you hate about Car Dealerships?

PowerShiftz02gt

Established Member
I can't stand it when there is no price on the vehicle for sale.. "see sales for price"... I can't tell you how many times I've walked away from a vehicle I was interested in because of this. I work at a dealership, I understand why they do it, but just don't.

Planter

Banned
I hate how they try to tell you they'll cut you a deal and give you the vehicle you want for $250 under msrp. I'm usually like naw, you'll give it to me for 250 over invoice or I'll just go somewhere else. Usually gets the desired result after I get the "oh shit, im ****ed" look on their faces.L, because I know what I'm doing and I know how to negotiate what I want and get it at the right price. :lol: i hate that, they think you're stupid from the minute you walk in the door.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
lol @ anyone who thinks businesses can run on 5% profit margins. Maybe if youre big oil and can run a 2-3% profit margin because you deal in retardedly huge quantities of product.

I can't stand it when there is no price on the vehicle for sale.. "see sales for price"... I can't tell you how many times I've walked away from a vehicle I was interested in because of this. I work at a dealership, I understand why they do it, but just don't.

usually no price on a vehicle means they priced it out of the local market and are waiting to dupe someone into the sales office to swing the deal with sales tactics and showmanship.

I just did this recently, saw a red G35 coupe, no price. Knew what I was getting into when I walked into the sales office. They were asking $18,500 for a 04 G35 Coupe with the auto 5spd, 95k on it. Holy god were they tripping massive amounts of balls, it wasnt even like it was pristine, it was swirled bad enough to look like the owner washed with sandpaper, had a broken drivers taillight, stains throughout and the engine bay looked as if he tried to haul dirt with it. $13k car max brochacho.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
In NJ, putting vehicles for sale on the lot without a listed asking price is illegal. Don't know about other states. It's like a $10-15k fine.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Have you checked how much profit the grocery store, the bank, the gas station, the malls... etc make?

Yes. I make choices when buying all of these things.

How can you expect a legitimate business to survive on 5% gross profit?

I'm not. I'm saying that when I know how much something is worth and how much you paid for it then stop being slimey and start making a deal. Dupe someone else into paying 30% over what you bought it for but you won;t be selling it to me for that amount.

What you're suggesting is that I should tie up $20,000.00 of my own money, pay for staff, insurance, overheads and everything else associated with the business for a chance - and only that - a chance to make $1,000.00 IF I'm lucky enough to sell the car I just put $20,000.00 in to before it depreciates??

Yes, if you want to sell a car to me. The smart ones know that volume of sales is better than the margin on each individual sale.

Last edited:

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
do you ask every business you visit (car dealership or not) what type of profit margin they make?

I generally know this information, yes.

Car dealerships keep mostly automatics because most people at this point dont want a manual, dont flatter yourself.

Funny.... see thread title. An opinion was requested. I provided one. Why are you so defensive? Did I touch on all those things you do at your stealership?

Your signiture even says "i'd rather be free to choose" does that only apply to you? Can car dealerships not be free and choose what price they want?

I usually choose to do private party or auction purchases because every experience I have had with many different dealerships always leaves feeling like they tried to pull one over on me, even though I have performed a lot of research and read every word on every document and arrive with my own financing.

I usually choose not to deal with the slimey bastards.

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
Yes. I make choices when buying all of these things.

I'm not. I'm saying that when I know how much something is worth and how much you paid for it then stop being slimey and start making a deal. Dupe someone else into paying 30% over what you bought it for but you won;t be selling it to me for that amount.

Yes, if you want to sell a car to me. The smart ones know that volume of sales is better than the margin on each individual sale.

I generally know this information, yes.

Funny.... see thread title. An opinion was requested. I provided one. Why are you so defensive? Did I touch on all those things you do at your stealership?

I usually choose to do private party or auction purchases because every experience I have had with many different dealerships always leaves feeling like they tried to pull one over on me, even though I have performed a lot of research and read every word on every document and arrive with my own financing.

I usually choose not to deal with the slimey bastards.

Your general ignorance and stupidity is hilarious. Trust me no dealership is losing sleep over someone like you not coming in.

90goldtsiawd

Established Member
I changed my avatar because of this thread. I think it suits me well as a car salesman! LOL

PowerShiftz02gt

Established Member
usually no price on a vehicle means they priced it out of the local market and are waiting to dupe someone into the sales office to swing the deal with sales tactics and showmanship.

I just did this recently, saw a red G35 coupe, no price. Knew what I was getting into when I walked into the sales office. They were asking $18,500 for a 04 G35 Coupe with the auto 5spd, 95k on it. Holy god were they tripping massive amounts of balls, it wasnt even like it was pristine, it was swirled bad enough to look like the owner washed with sandpaper, had a broken drivers taillight, stains throughout and the engine bay looked as if he tried to haul dirt with it. $13k car max brochacho.

yup! exactly my point.

Users who are viewing this thread