what do you think about my numbers

03SVT Ski

Established Member
I disagree, you can run a stock 39# injector to around 580rwhp. There is either an issue with his tune or the dyno. If I was OP I would look for a dyno day where he can throw car back on dyno with a wideband for around $80, instead of a dyno tune for $300-500. Don't just throw parts you don't need at it.

poisoned apple

Established Member
I disagree, you can run a stock 39# injector to around 580rwhp. There is either an issue with his tune or the dyno. If I was OP I would look for a dyno day where he can throw car back on dyno with a wideband for around $80, instead of a dyno tune for $300-500. Don't just throw parts you don't need at it.

Wow!! Okay way more than I thought injector wise.

Bigggy

Established Member
Guys each car is different..the logs will tell if bigger injector are needed or BAP of MAF etc. Bigger injectors won't put out more power..
As I stated most of you guys strap your cars on a Dynojet that will read almost 100HP more than a Mustang Dyno, stop looking elsewhere.

Mine dynoed at 440 and trapped 120MPH on street tires with a very bad launch. That MPH number tells me that the dyno simply read low.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Guys each car is different..the logs will tell if bigger injector are needed or BAP of MAF etc. Bigger injectors won't put out more power..
As I stated most of you guys strap your cars on a Dynojet that will read almost 100HP more than a Mustang Dyno, stop looking elsewhere.

Mine dynoed at 440 and trapped 120MPH on street tires with a very bad launch. That MPH number tells me that the dyno simply read low.

Exactly right. I'll also note that when my car made 455rwhp my fpdc was maxed out. My previous tuner didn't know it. Luckily I datalogged and found out. I had to add a bap.

Now if my car was remote tuned back then, instead of a dyno tune I would have found out much sooner.

stebolton

Established Member
Thank you everyone! like Bigggy said i think the dyno read low beacause before I do the porting i went at drag stripp. With a very bad lunch too(first time at drag) i trapped at 115mph.

I just came back from the shop to pick up my car and im not disapointed! the car run stronger than before and no more hesitation between shift ;)

Bigggy

Established Member
Exactly right. I'll also note that when my car made 455rwhp my fpdc was maxed out. My previous tuner didn't know it. Luckily I datalogged and found out. I had to add a bap.

Now if my car was remote tuned back then, instead of a dyno tune I would have found out much sooner.

Same here with my injectors (even if remote tuning). Bama did not asked for Injector duty cycle, but i've added it in my logs thinking why not..well my 39lbs were pegged. At the end the engine will still have a nice AFR, but right at the limit cause the injectors are maxed out from 5300RPM and up. Bigger ones are going in a few weeks, after they tune my intake and MAF.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Same here with my injectors (even if remote tuning). Bama did not asked for Injector duty cycle, but i've added it in my logs thinking why not..well my 39lbs were pegged. At the end the engine will still have a nice AFR, but right at the limit cause the injectors are maxed out from 5300RPM and up. Bigger ones are going in a few weeks, after they tune my intake and MAF.
Geez they should have asked about logging that. Fuel drop across injectors is another must to insure you have enough pump.

03SVT Ski

Established Member
Geez they should have asked about logging that. Fuel drop across injectors is another must to insure you have enough pump.

How would you measure fuel pressure drop across fuel injector? All you would know is fuel pressure at fuel rails not each injector, and how would you know the fuel pressure being sprayed from each injector?

Bigggy

Established Member
How would you measure fuel pressure drop across fuel injector? All you would know is fuel pressure at fuel rails not each injector, and how would you know the fuel pressure being sprayed from each injector?

I would not be able to answer that but it is a parameter in the PCM and most of the tuners use it.

Users who are viewing this thread