what do you think about my numbers

stebolton

Established Member
Today was dyno day for my cobra. He made 450whp 421wtrq. mods are...

KN FIPK
2.81 upper
Steigi stage 7 ported blower (non ported throttle and plenum)
o/r x pipe
maganaflow cat-back
kenne bell BAP

Tune was made on Mustang dyno
A/F 11.3
Timming 20 degree
91 octane

Do you think is low numbers !

Last edited:

joshcarp81

Established Member
Just take a picture of it. Save it to drop box. Click on share icon on bottom of pic. Click on copy URL to clipboard. Then just make a post and insert the clip into the text area.

stebolton

Established Member
IMG_1056.JPG

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I would say a bit low too. Most guys make 450 off those mods minus port and fuel.

I cant tell on the graph but are those raw uncorrected numbers?

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
When you get numbers from a dyno it first spits out how much rwhp/tq you made in actual live conditions. They should then std/sae adjust them to a standardized set of atmospheric(temp,humidity,elevation,etc.) conditions that will allow you to compare your numbers to mine. Meaning a guy in Denver, Co will evenly know rwhp/tq as a guy at sea level in California. Its why your car will run 13's in Colorado and low 12's im Ca. Your rwhp is not constant. It is variable to the enviornment.

This all means that your 450 could be 470rwhp if it is uncorrected based on where you live and the conditions you were dyno'd on

Did you get a print out? If so somewhere on it; it will say CF or correction factor and a number. Really close to 1.0.

Tell us if you got that.

Last edited:

03SVT Ski

Established Member
Seems low especially for a ported Eaton. I made 490/515 with a non ported Eaton. My Dyno run was on SAE. Like said before, don't worry about the numbers to much as every dyno is different.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Seems low especially for a ported Eaton. I made 490/515 with a non ported Eaton. My Dyno run was on SAE. Like said before, don't worry about the numbers to much as every dyno is different.

Your numbers are quite high for a non port.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

I can't figure out that af curve and why it has that strange loop shape in the upper rpms...so it's either safe af range or its dangerously lean like it an out of fuel at 5900rpms

Wouldn't hurt to ask your tuner to show a datalog of the fuel pump and injector duty cycles....they should have been monitored

Bigggy

Established Member
Mustang Dyno will read low for sure even if the car runs like a beast. Mine had 437/440 with full bolt-on, ported everyting with a Stage 5 blower. In comparaison with another car that did both Dyno jet and mustang dyno there was 80hp difference (380 vs 460), with that in mind mine would put down 530 on a dynojet...way more...

Last edited:

02Zombie

Established Member
Agree with what everyone is saying, Dont stress over the dyno # too much, Dyno+where you are at in Geographically can make a huge swing, plus each motor is different. Look for the difference on how the car feels, or at the track with ET's, Trap speed etc..

side note i am scheduled for a dyno tune in a 4 weeks. curious to see how i compare, again i am a long way from you geographically though

poisoned apple

Established Member
Yeah that seems really low for the mods that you have.
I'm putting out 441 whp with my NA 98 cobra, you should be closer to 500 boosted and ported seems like.
I'm not sure but you might think about bigger injectors, and a bigger TB makes a world of difference. Did for me when I owned a terminator.

Insta - @Lanier_SVT

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member
Injectors, and a bigger throttle body w/ plenum should do the trick. Maybe toss a 4# lower on there for giggles.

Users who are viewing this thread