what do you think about trick flow top end kit?

eduardo4671

Established Member
Two month ago i bought a 93 gt 5 speed with the following mods:
-Typhoon upper/lower intake
-70mm bbk TB
-bbk CAI
-BBK shorty headers
-MSD ignition
-short shifter
-flowmasters

I have been looking for this kit Trick Flow Specialties TFS-K514-360-350 - Trick Flow® 360 HP Twisted Wedge® Top-End Engine Kits for Ford 5.0L - Overview - SummitRacing.com i want to know if it is a good option or i should look for something else and if someone is running this kit on their car what are your thoughts. The kit says that it would make 350-360 hp i should expect lower numbers or this numbers are real? want some help before spending that amount of money on this kit or if i should look for something else, i want a fun street car that makes decent power.

blownfox

Established Member
That is fwhp and depending on dyno you will see 300 to 325 rwhp. It is a great beginners kit because it comes with almost everything you need.

eduardo4671

Established Member
That is fwhp and depending on dyno you will see 300 to 325 rwhp. It is a great beginners kit because it comes with almost everything you need.

Should i upgrade anything else? Or will i need other parts for this setup like inyectors or something like that? Or i just get this kit and install it?

2002BLGT

Established Member
Should i upgrade anything else? Or will i need other parts for this setup like inyectors or something like that? Or i just get this kit and install it?

Kit will need 24 or 30lbs injectors and I usually advise going ahead with a 255lph intank pump , and alot of people use a calibrated MAF with the injectors and no tune but I do recommend getting it professionally dyno tuned , since alot of the calibrated MAFs will be lean at part throttle which can cause overheating and other issues , I have tuned alot of them in person on the dyno and thru email , 24lbs injectors and Pro M 24 MAF with a tune works really well , if you want to see some dyno graphs email me at [email protected]

blownfox

Established Member

24 with matching maf, if you plan on building a 331 or 347 go 30's. I ran a 190 pump because that was in the car when I bought it. 255 if you are buying a new one pump.

eduardo4671

Established Member
Kit will need 24 or 30lbs injectors and I usually advise going ahead with a 255lph intank pump , and alot of people use a calibrated MAF with the injectors and no tune but I do recommend getting it professionally dyno tuned , since alot of the calibrated MAFs will be lean at part throttle which can cause overheating and other issues , I have tuned alot of them in person on the dyno and thru email , 24lbs injectors and Pro M 24 MAF with a tune works really well , if you want to see some dyno graphs email me at [email protected]

email sent. Thanks!

Gregg@TFS

Established Member
Two month ago i bought a 93 gt 5 speed with the following mods:
-Typhoon upper/lower intake
-70mm bbk TB
-bbk CAI
-BBK shorty headers
-MSD ignition
-short shifter
-flowmasters

I have been looking for this kit Trick Flow Specialties TFS-K514-360-350 - Trick Flow® 360 HP Twisted Wedge® Top-End Engine Kits for Ford 5.0L - Overview - SummitRacing.com i want to know if it is a good option or i should look for something else and if someone is running this kit on their car what are your thoughts. The kit says that it would make 350-360 hp i should expect lower numbers or this numbers are real? want some help before spending that amount of money on this kit or if i should look for something else, i want a fun street car that makes decent power.

As the kit states you will make either 350hp or 360hp depending on the kit you go with and after the tune 300-325 is typical. You will need 24 lb injectors and mass air meter to go with it. We suggest a 190 lph pump and a 75mm TB. I would suggest a good set of 1 5/8" headers and a good exhaust as well.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
this kit+255 pump, 47lb/hr injectors, upgraded MAF, and a vortech will net you over 400rwhp and you'll be pretty happy.

F8TL89

Established Member
overall nice kit. Might get you close to 300hp but im looking to go bigger so its not for everybody

Saw The Light

Established Member
I have this kit on my 88 GT that I just bought. I like it alot. Def makes the car alot of fun and is still pretty street friendly I drive it an hour away to my job sometimes with no problems. Car also has supporting mods like 75mm maf, bbk longtubes, bbk cai, 75mm throttle body, etc. Previous owners best was a mid 12 in the quarter mile. Car has never been on a dyno but it will be soon as I can.

Users who are viewing this thread