What does it take for me to win in the Cobra? :(

HoosierDave

My other car is 03 Cobra
Established Member
His car trapped 131 on his old setup and should trap 135 on the new setup. It's just annoying hearing all the BS of having to have 2 power adders on a V-8. Lol

Nah, Rt 50 in good ole WV. :)

My mistake. Thought that was the interstate. US 50 is about 3 blocks from my house here in Loogootee IN.

St_Evo

Established Member
If the Evo really is a 130+mph car then you're going to need to toss the spray on there. A 100 shot on your existing combo with a proper tune should be a mid 130mph car all day long. I went 131mph on an old combo with a 30 shot, and 133mph on the old combo with a 50 shot.

Your car runs great man. Do you have any videos of your car on the dyno or at the track? I would like to see it in action... I know there are a lot of people on this forum that look at your car as goal for their own cars. I personally would love to make the power you do. Did you do a lot of weight reduction at the track? Also, what tires were you running?

Ralo

Established Member
Makes me toss the idea of spray around again but I think I would be happier with a Whipple

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Well, technically he has 2 power adders also. He is running meth injection and a turbo. All these guys are my close friends. We are a small group that try to maintain decently fast cars that look good but aren't track whores. These arent grunge matches...just a friendly, fellow V-8 owner trying to make the best of what I have. :)

what.the.hell.

meth injection is NOT a power adder.

unlike nitrous, simply injecting methanol/h2o into your engine will NOT make any additional power. The power generated from this is due to the increased timing you can run with a better octane rating the methanol/h2o mixture gives, as well as the cooling benefits. None of which will happen WITHOUT TUNING. you *might* make a few hp from the cooling benefits, and in the case of a 03/04 Cobra where timing/fuel maps are run off the IAT2's, im sure it will help "gain back" hp lost due to heatsoak.

Nitrous itself is what makes the power. Sure you should be at least monitoring the tune when using it, and with enough nitrous, tuning is necessary, but its the nitrous itself that creates the increased power.

Last edited:

St_Evo

Established Member
what.the.hell.

meth injection is NOT a power adder.

unlike nitrous, simply injecting methanol/h2o into your engine will NOT make any additional power. The power generated from this is due to the increased timing you can run with a better octane rating the methanol/h2o mixture gives, as well as the cooling benefits. None of which will happen WITHOUT TUNING. you *might* make a few hp from the cooling benefits, and in the case of a 03/04 Cobra where timing/fuel maps are run off the IAT2's, im sure it will help "gain back" hp lost due to heatsoak.

Nitrous itself is what makes the power. Sure you should be at least monitoring the tune when using it, and with enough nitrous, tuning is necessary, but its the nitrous itself that creates the increased power.

I know that meth itself isn't an actual "power adder" but it definitely adds power when it's tuned for. I made almost 30whp with it on my Evo and almost 45whp when I switched to E-85. No matter what category you put them in they definitely can be tuned to make power.

St_Evo

Established Member
You can get E-85 up there? I wish it would make its way down here.

Yea, we have one filling station about 5 minutes away but the other is in Morgantown which is about 30 minute drive from here. Both places are pretty knowledgeable about the content which is pretty suprising. The only bad thing is nobody buys it so it takes forever for them to run out of their E-70/75 winter blend.

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
At least your car's together right now steve haha. Rich found so much random stuff wrong with my car, costing me power, etc.

St_Evo

Established Member
At least your car's together right now steve haha. Rich found so much random stuff wrong with my car, costing me power, etc.

Yea, he told me their were some issues. Lol, cheap labor FTL. How long before it's back up and running?

03' White Snake

Established Member
Look at Posi's site, the silver 03'. he is a local guy to me, ported eaton on spray. many will know the car. Runs 9's.

You have to beat them at there own game. Turbo cars like to roll race, have them do it from a dig and see the difference. Your car is not set up to do roll races. Race your car to its advantage.

St_Evo

Established Member
Look at Posi's site, the silver 03'. he is a local guy to me, ported eaton on spray. many will know the car. Runs 9's.

You have to beat them at there own game. Turbo cars like to roll race, have them do it from a dig and see the difference. Your car is not set up to do roll races. Race your car to its advantage.
Yea, but that car ran 9's with a port/spray, with weight reduction, SRA, and I thought and Auto Swap. Great running car though...

LOL!!!! and he waved Buy buy to you
Yea, I haven't had the chance to wave back at him though...he won't ever give me a rematch. Honda guys FTL..

Users who are viewing this thread