What does it take to pull 500RWHP out of a 2018 Mustang GT?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From American Muscle

With the refreshed 2018 Mustang comes a lot of new aftermarket parts and since a lot
of this vehicle is different than the previous gen (especially from the firewall
up), Justin and the crew over at AmericanMuscle decided to see how many bolt-ons it
would take to eek 500+WHP out of the new guy on the block.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/500-whp-na-2018-mustang.html

Gravik

Established Member
500whp with exhaust, cold air, and a tune. Impressive.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Strap a TVS on it and make 700+
TQ monster on the street.
I know, but where do you use it? I’m fine with my upper only car honestly. Plus, I don’t feel like throwing 10K at it by the time you do the blower, fuel and clutch.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I know, but where do you use it? I’m fine with my upper only car honestly. Plus, I don’t feel like throwing 10K at it by the time you do the blower, fuel and clutch.

The track. It's not going to put it down on the street too well. Tire guy will love you though. Mine does :)

Mr.CuBaN

Established Member
Hahah man all these new cars are getting out of control. Imagine what is going to be in another 10 years . (Factory cars coming out with 1k whp) lol . I remember when i had my first stang . 1995 5.0 i thought i was fadt as hell with the 200hp it had lmao

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I think thats relative to what speed ur referring to. From 20-30 mph I agree anything past 700 hp even with good tires will spin. But u get up to 60-70 mph and smash it and even 1700 hp cars will put power down on the street on MT Radial Pro's.

But these new Mustangs are serious platforms to start with. Transmission, motor, Fuel system, speaker locations, seats, brakes etc..... killer car!

The track. It's not going to put it down on the street too well. Tire guy will love you though. Mine does :)

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Very cool. Full exhaust, CIA and a tune on E85 for 500 rwhp is crazy impressive. I just can't get past the 18's from a cosmetic standpoint.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great time to get into a new coyote car.

Thanks for sharing Travis.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CGLhawk260

Established Member
Sounds awesome and has the same SAE RWHP numbers as my 07 Z06 with headers/intake and tune.

Never_Enough

Established Member
And im over here with 325 to the tire with a built 4.6 with everything but cams. Shooting for numbers just a little higher with a blower than what the 18 5.0 makes with bolt ons. :(
Don't feel bad. I drive a Miata...and it's supercharged...and a whole 160 to the wheels. /mylife

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Very cool. Full exhaust, CIA and a tune on E85 for 500 rwhp is crazy impressive. I just can't get past the 18's from a cosmetic standpoint.
I feel the same I would love to have that setup in a 15-17. The 18 front still hasn't grown on me yet but it is killer in every other way.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread