What does it take to pull 500RWHP out of a 2018 Mustang GT?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I can't even explain how much different my 2018 feels from my 2016. It's like Ford sprinkled some kind of fairy dust on it. I thought it was all buyers hype at first and doubted it until I drove it in the PP form with the A10. My car just gets the **** out of the way when I punch it and it never stops pulling. I'm still trying to talk myself out of modding though. I have E85 16 miles from my house and now I have it about 5 miles from work. The temptation is real.

Kiohtee

Established Member
There's absolutely no debate that the new '18+ Mustang GT is a better performer and all around better car than a '15-17, however, this is the first one I've seen make this amount of power with such little mods. And tuners such as Lund, AED and VMP already have their own cars as well. I'm a little skeptical honestly.

Having said all that; if my '17 was totaled on the way home this evening, I would have a 2018 GT by the weekend.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't even explain how much different my 2018 feels from my 2016. It's like Ford sprinkled some kind of fairy dust on it. I thought it was all buyers hype at first and doubted it until I drove it in the PP form with the A10. My car just gets the **** out of the way when I punch it and it never stops pulling. I'm still trying to talk myself out of modding though. I have E85 16 miles from my house and now I have it about 5 miles from work. The temptation is real.

I picked up 5 mph in the quarter with only an e85 tune.

These cars flat out perform!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
There's absolutely no debate that the new '18+ Mustang GT is a better performer and all around better car than a '15-17, however, this is the first one I've seen make this amount of power with such little mods. And tuners such as Lund, AED and VMP already have their own cars as well. I'm a little skeptical honestly.

Having said all that; if my '17 was totaled on the way home this evening, I would have a 2018 GT by the weekend.

They are making 465 tune only so not too far off to think another 40+ with full exhaust and a large CAI.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Mod it. Life is short. I do have a boosted 15-17 GT on my list of possible next toy, but now I might just want a boosted '18 only. ****.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
So did u order ur kit yet?:D

I was at the track last night and got some motivation.

Edelbrock was out there testing their new upside down r2650 set up on the ‘18...

I saw him go a few 11.0’s at 128 or so on 10 psi.

Was cool to watch.

I still want twins OR for Dustin to make an s550 kit.

Turbo is the way to do it but it’s expensive. Pay to play I guess.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I almost purchased a 2017 full whippled, 6R80 set up from the dealership I took my car into to get serviced a few weeks back for SVT Superfest at VIR. When I was in there waiting they had me look at it and I took it out for a test drive. They said it was making 825hp. It was very cleanly installed (by the dealership for the previous owner). Had the gen2 with the dual fans, 1000cc injectors, kooks lth. Only had 1100 miles on it, premium. They wanted 41k for it. My beef was they weren't adding any extra warranty for it so you'd be SOL if something happened and they denied warranty work. But that's what got the bug started for me to purchase a new car. Also like I told the sales manager... I would regret that purchase because even though it was a "newer" car it was literally the same as the one I had, aside from being premium. I wouldn't get that new car feeling other than being a hell of a lot faster.

The previous owner was actually there picking up a F150 he had just got a whipple installed and he got a 2018 Mustang GT in which he planned putting the Gen3 whipple on. Guy loves fast stuff I guess.

Last edited:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member

Edelbrock was out there testing their new upside down r2650 set up on the ‘18...

Was cool to watch.

I seen where Hellion was making 875whp/817wtq on 12 psi on their new kit. But I know their stuff is expensive plus I was always bothered by the turbo placement. I wanted a LPF kit for my 16. I like the lower turbo placement kits.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Im not even aware of what is out there as far as single or TT kits go for the 18. Btw, badass car u got I'm jealous. As much as I like the VMP stuff as well as Edlebrock I could just never go back to a blower. Yea guys make silly power on them but they need to do it on E85.

Although, I did recently see a GT500 with a KB 4.2 LI put down 934 whp on 93 octane but it seemed to be just a little lazy but nonetheless impressive! I just feel the Turbo is better in every way and I've had both on the same car essentially.

I don't really think twins over a single means anything under 1500 hp but there seems to be far more TT kits then singles. I guess I see it as one less Turbo, BOV or WG to fail lol.

Was cool to watch.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Im not even aware of what is out there as far as single or TT kits go for the 18. Btw, badass car u got I'm jealous. As much as I like the VMP stuff as well as Edlebrock I could just never go back to a blower. Yea guys make silly power on them but they need to do it on E85.

Although, I did recently see a GT500 with a KB 4.2 LI put down 934 whp on 93 octane but it seemed to be just a little lazy but nonetheless impressive! I just feel the Turbo is better in every way and I've had both on the same car essentially.

I don't really think twins over a single means anything under 1500 hp but there seems to be far more TT kits then singles. I guess I see it as one less Turbo, BOV or WG to fail lol.

I'd much prefer a large CPR style single. Just no one making them yet. BBR racing is doing a kit that should be out in a few months.

I wish Dustin would hire some efficient help and start cranking out kits so he can begin focusing on the new (s550) stuff!

I'd buy his kit today if it fit my car.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I thought he was working on an S550 kit? Would have thought it would be out by now. I guess the demand for the S197 is still so high it keeps him busy. but, THIS is the time ppl modify a particular model. 3-5 years after its released.

Cause now u can afford to buy both the car and the kit so Dustin probably still has more work then he can keep up with. So yea ur right he should hire some help or invest in his own CAD machines. I guess doing that with a NEW car isn't as easy considering u pay close to $40k for it.

I'd much prefer a large CPR style single. Just no one making them yet. BBR racing is doing a kit that should be out in a few months.

I wish Dustin would hire some efficient help and start cranking out kits so he can begin focusing on the new (s550) stuff!

I'd buy his kit today if it fit my car.

KEVINS

Established Member
Could be worse, you could be in a 2V...
Hey Now! Nothing wrong with these crappy, out dated, boat anchors called 2V's... I have a "few" bolt-on's on mine... I sure wish I could afford a turbo'd 2018, tho..snivel, snivel, :(

ks

Users who are viewing this thread