what dyno # to expect?

Camper

Established Member
what dyno # to expect? lower pulley or 2.4 upper?

so I currently have the mods listed below and im debating if I should go to a 2.4 pulley or do the IW 10/15% lower? What do you think my numbers are currently and what they would be if I did the 2.4 or lower crank pulley? Anything worth changing that would warrant the extra $?

ill be on the dyno next week to do some datalogging on Justins(VMP) tune

VMP TVS-2.5 pulley
JLT 123MM
FRPP CJ 65mm
port matched elbow
Dynatech headers w/ no cats
Afco Dual fan H/E
ID1000/BAP
E85
DSS driveshaft

Last edited:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Currently I say 560 and just do a 10% lower for 585 or so, don't think it's worth going from a 2.5 to 2.4

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
so I currently have the mods listed below and im debating if I should go to a 2.4 pulley or do the IW 10/15% lower? What do you think my numbers are currently and what they would be if I did the 2.4 or lower crank pulley? Anything worth changing that would warrant the extra $?

ill be on the dyno next week to do some datalogging on Justins(VMP) tune

VMP TVS-2.5 pulley
JLT 123MM
FRPP CJ 65mm
port matched elbow
Dynatech headers w/ no cats
Afco Dual fan H/E
ID1000/BAP
E85
DSS driveshaft

Have you upgraded your pumps etc for e85?

Crushinator

Established Member
Currently I say 560 and just do a 10% lower for 585 or so, don't think it's worth going from a 2.5 to 2.4

I think you're about 100 too low. He has the VMP TVS. Minimum of 650, but I'll say 675 to 680 with your mods.

Camper

Established Member
Justin thinks a BAP is fine, I guess we'll see when we datalog. Thoughts on the upper/lower?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
675 huffin dyno DNA, 725 huffin corn off the cob

The 2.4 will probably only be worth 15 or 20 RWHP when it's all said and done, but the lower will get you the same 15-20 RWHP along with massive amounts of low end torque which makes the lower worth it.

Last edited:

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
Justin thinks a BAP is fine, I guess we'll see when we datalog. Thoughts on the upper/lower?

If your running e85 run a upper and lower to take full advantage of your setup.

Interested in your results b/c several TVS owners are making 750+ on pump gas :rollseyes

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I run a 2.4 on 93. My numbers in my sig is before I did the L&M elbow. (I was using a stock 2011 one.)

I would say with your setup, the lower would be nice. You will have a bloody f**K ton of tq....With the lower you would need to address fuel but it looks as you have that covered already.

People run the lower and like it. I just decided that a upper would be best for me.

Users who are viewing this thread