What happened to Evolution Performance?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Can the thread be revived since they are not a vendor anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Always thought the place was run by dickheads. I have some connected contacts in the area. I was told the business was started with drug money and the father or someone in the family actually went to prison over it. For that reason I never used them. I can't personally confirm or deny this, but considering the person who told me, I took it as truth...

That made me think about days gone by and if that Bill Fox dealership thing still sold a ton of Mustangs.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Things do not get deleted routinely here as you think.
The thread in question was. Why?
Could be,
1. the OP of the thread asked for it to be deleted.
2. The last several pages had several post about dicks in the mouth, running people over with golf carts, etc.....
At that point we have to do something because members can't control themselves.
Want every thread to stay? Blame the members not the staff/site.
Follow simple rules.

Not arguing the decision, but why not lock the thread, delete the off topic posts, and leave the important posts pertaining to whether or not the shop is a potentially bad shop so future customers don't get ripped off?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Not arguing the decision, but why not lock the thread, delete the off topic posts, and leave the important posts pertaining to whether or not the shop is a potentially bad shop so future customers don't get ripped off?

The OP requested it be removed. We typically honor such requests (exceptions do apply).

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
The OP requested it be removed. We typically honor such requests (exceptions do apply).

Wow. Recall that dude wrote a 1000 page novel with all his findings and explanations of all the parts/why it possibly failed.
Guess he just wanted to move on. Remember him posting about wearing some T-shirt at some race/meet and inciting some response from one of the parties involved.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Wow. Recall that dude wrote a 1000 page novel with all his findings and explanations of all the parts/why it possibly failed.
Guess he just wanted to move on. Remember him posting about wearing some T-shirt at some race/meet and inciting some response from one of the parties involved.

I remember something about that, but I don't recall following the thread.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Interesting, on here, if I remember right, he said he never pedaled it. His description of RPM and what the tire is doing, on the street with regular tires and HP he had, is laughable. I do believe him when he said he sank his foot into it.

Highlander
Spooled up

icon1.gif
Re: Evolution Performance is a CROOK!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost03
OP ... When you left EVO did you beat on the car at all?? Also did you take your motor back before L&M could resolve your problem??

"No I took drove the car home on I95 to Virginia. I then went to a local cruise-in that afternoon. I had back surgery and didn't drive the car for 2 weeks and then gingerly went to a doctors appointment. On the ride home from the Doctor I sank my foot into it in first gear it light the tires up. I pedaled it softly and gently shifted into 2 gear. At this point I gently sank my foot until I felt i was hazing or was on the verge of losing traction. I held the throttle steady until the engine was around 5500RPM when it went bang._

4a7191a

Established Member
Properly built and stock motors with rev limiters should be able to hit it many of times without issues.
Now if he miss shifted from 3rd to second there would be the problem in my opinion. It happens more often than people let out.
They just post a thread I blew my motor. It's the tuners fault or machine shops fault...

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
As someone that has done work for a couple of people, I know of one situation where I busted ass for a penny pincher who spent as much money on parts as possible, but gave no ****s on how little he paid me. I spent the amount of time needed, not required, on putting the car together. Got bitched at for how long it took the entire time. Then received weird depressed/ranting emails at 3 in the morning of how he was "disappointed" in me.

Then after cam and Whipple install, we had trouble with the car getting tuned because the tuner and his parts selections didn't mesh. I don't tune. Never claimed I did. So I said lets use a well known one. We had the typical FBW throttle body issues that I warned him of prior to even ordering parts. Car ran like a raped ape, just never had super great driveability. Still doesn't. Pretty sure he assumed I ****ed something up, had it tore down again to check, and it still runs like shit. He blamed it all on me. I told him keep his money and GFYS.

Long story short, most people who pay thousands of dollars to car builders are so far out of the loop on what it really takes to not only build but simply own one of those cars. The OP of that thread sounded like an idiot, and Evo sounded like a crook. L&M I have no opinion of. I assume Evo told him the wrong shit to put in the motor. But who knows.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
As someone that has done work for a couple of people, I know of one situation where I busted ass for a penny pincher who spent as much money on parts as possible, but gave no ****s on how little he paid me. I spent the amount of time needed, not required, on putting the car together. Got bitched at for how long it took the entire time. Then received weird depressed/ranting emails at 3 in the morning of how he was "disappointed" in me.

Then after cam and Whipple install, we had trouble with the car getting tuned because the tuner and his parts selections didn't mesh. I don't tune. Never claimed I did. So I said lets use a well known one. We had the typical FBW throttle body issues that I warned him of prior to even ordering parts. Car ran like a raped ape, just never had super great driveability. Still doesn't. Pretty sure he assumed I ****ed something up, had it tore down again to check, and it still runs like shit. He blamed it all on me. I told him keep his money and GFYS.

Long story short, most people who pay thousands of dollars to car builders are so far out of the loop on what it really takes to not only build but simply own one of those cars. The OP of that thread sounded like an idiot, and Evo sounded like a crook. L&M I have no opinion of. I assume Evo told him the wrong shit to put in the motor. But who knows.

The guy had the receipts from Evo and L & M proving that Evo told L&M to put cheaper components in to pad their profit. L&M was told it was a budget build and put budget rods and hardware in. Padded Evo's profit by some $2500 IIRC.

99% of the time I feel the car's owner had at least some if not all of the blame, but in this scenario it was at least 50% Evo's fault. The owner probably flogged the car harder than he admitted to, but Evo clearly did some shady stuff.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

To add to what Travis said.
Sometimes the amount of time it takes to do so isn't worth it or we just don't have time period.
There are times when I move it with full intention of going back through and doing just what you are saying but it just doesn't happen.
We do what we can.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Can I demand accountability by the mods for deleting the thread or are we past that?

Asking for a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiohtee

Established Member
Sounds like some Blake Holcomb shit. Still regret not reporting his ass for privately advertising to me through SVTP channels.

/rant

Zemedici

Established Member

So you dont deal with penny pinchers. Within 5 minutes of talking to him about the potential build you shoulda known what you were getting yourself into.....life's too short to deal with people like that. It sounds like you do premium work, so charge a premium price. If they dont like it, they can go elsewhere, and then pay you twice as much to fix what Bubba ****ed up...

Never_Enough

Established Member
So you dont deal with penny pinchers. Within 5 minutes of talking to him about the potential build you shoulda known what you were getting yourself into.....life's too short to deal with people like that. It sounds like you do premium work, so charge a premium price. If they dont like it, they can go elsewhere, and then pay you twice as much to fix what Bubba ****ed up...
Not every reputable shop charges top dollar. Some people still want to put out quality work no matter what vs only worry about the dollar (Yes, I know businesses are in business for profit). Remember, the shop's name is on that car, not just the owner of the car. That does not mean the work is any worse. Also, depends on where you live/the shop is.

/devil's advocate

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread