What HP does daily driving go out the window?

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
depends on what setup you have...daily driving a whipple or kb car can be done

running the stock blower right now... doesnt mean I wont end up changing in the near future, just looking to get an idea of how much cake I can have while still eating it.

Last edited:

hollowch

Mr. The Squirrel
Established Member
Dunno, 850RWHP last time was ok for me. Now looking for 1000+ and still going to be driving it all the time.

sweet mother of god....... you should call that thing The Pavement Punisher!

Last edited:

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
1200rwhp....No problem. Other than gear whine...If I can fix that the car is incredible. Ask Chris he rode to the track w me last time.

69b302

Established Member
If you want to run pump gas, I think your limit will be around 700Rwhp. E-85(major fuel system upgrades) or racing fuel(expensive) you can go higher.

sfadchi

Established Member
1200rwhp....No problem. Other than gear whine...If I can fix that the car is incredible. Ask Chris he rode to the track w me last time.

Your car is awesome to ride in! Put another set of gears in it and it will be like a Benz... well not quite! :beer:

GarageLogic

Established Member
I drive my car every day (just turned 10K miles) pushing about 750rwhp on 93 octane pump gas. Gets 22-23mpg combined city/highway. Run's mid-10's if I slap on the drag radials.:shrug:

In today's day and age, it's a lot easier to have big numbers and awesome street manners in the same package than it was just 5-10 years ago.

Last edited:

Leonard 95

Established Member
If you want to run pump gas, I think your limit will be around 700Rwhp. E-85(major fuel system upgrades) or racing fuel(expensive) you can go higher.

Yea, just depends, I am running 91 octane and having problems with detonation with my tvs and I am only sitting at lower 600rwhp range. I don't know if I got bad gas or what, got some torco on the way to help this.

kent1

Established Member

That is a very good question. I don't want to lowered the car, changed gears, and do alot of suspension mods for traction because I want a true street car this time around. My car is quiet and not alot of noise, rattles, etc. Since I am not going to do suspension mods, I only option is tires and I am going with m/t. These tires handle an estimated 630 hp on the road and occassional trips to track. I wish I knew how much the tires can handle hp wise on the street-I don't know-I am guessing 650hp plus.

Since I am limited to what I can do for track mods, I am thinking of buying two front bogard wheels with skinnies for the track plus used the 100 octane race tune if I want to use it. I hope this helps.

chuckstang

Established Member
It has nothing to do with how much power.

IMO the car is un-driveable stock.

The wheel hop and clutch chatter is much too bad to actually use the power and get around smoothly

Not the answer you were looking for but its true. Its how the car is set up, not how much power

tvuser

Established Member
I have dynoed 661rwhp/670rwtq and my car is a daily driver(only car I have). I also have MT street et's on it and if the tires have not been heated up(burn out) I can roast them 1st and 2nd no problem.Fuel is a major concern at this level as it not as forgiving when then octane is not there.

tvuser

Established Member
They only hook if they are heated up.At the track I have to leave at about 2500 gently or it spins and the 1-2 shift always spins , have got a little squirly before. On the street I can hit it at any time and spin in 1st and if I shift hard in to second I can spin as far as I want. Now if I accel mildly hard(not floored) untill I can floor it and shift to 2nd depending on how I shift it will spin just a little but very controlable(no fish tailing). I only have an UCA so this could be part of it I dont know, then again I know of a guy with full suspension that has 700rwhp and can accel hard in 4th at 100mph and light em up(stock tires).So I dunno, makes me grin when I leave two thick black strips in the road for what seems forever.

Edit...I also believe it is the torque the TVS puts out,670 starting at around 2500 is alot to hold to the ground.

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
... Gets 22-23mpg combined city/highway.
Really? What do you attribute that mileage to? I have stock gearing, a cai and tune and see around 23 HWY with the cruise set at 65 on a flat road.

My 60/40 light city/hwy is around 19 mpg.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread