What Injectors are you running?

NoLimitRacing

Established Member
JMO, but I think with the 3.0 turned up you'd be able to whoop up on most of what's out there. My buddy just picked up a 2018 hellcat charger and I can pull on him while spinning.

I learned to tune with SCT. But it's not a route I'd go anymore. I currently run the MS3 plug and play from Megasquirt.
Some one else recommended me that ms3. I'm really interested in it now. When I first get it do I need to take it to someone to base tune it?

Can you point me in the direction for reading materials on self tunning?

How many wide bands do you have installed?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Some one else recommended me that ms3. I'm really interested in it now. When I first get it do I need to take it to someone to base tune it?

Can you point me in the direction for reading materials on self tunning?

How many wide bands do you have installed?

There are tuners that can set you up. It comes with a tune that works with a stock Cobra. There are some steps you need to do for the first fire up. There's a few videos on getting it going. I had good results when I reached out to them plus the forum is pretty active.

There's a lot of good info here:

If you want to do some poking around on the MS3:

I have two widebands. One on each bank.

NoLimitRacing

Established Member

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member

Are these from the same vendor that has the stamp of approval from members of svtp?
Yes, those are the ones to get. We have validated these as genuine. They come in sealed Bosch boxes with the protect codes. Good to go

03' White Snake

Established Member
Yes, those are the ones to get. We have validated these as genuine. They come in sealed Bosch boxes with the protect codes. Good to go
These injectors look short, do they require a height adaptor of some kind to work on the Cobra's?

Do they work right out of the box or anything else need to be done to them to work?

NoLimitRacing

Established Member
There are tuners that can set you up. It comes with a tune that works with a stock Cobra. There are some steps you need to do for the first fire up. There's a few videos on getting it going. I had good results when I reached out to them plus the forum is pretty active.

There's a lot of good info here:

If you want to do some poking around on the MS3:

I have two widebands. One on each bank.
What widebands are you running and where do you have them installed/placed?

01yellercobra

Established Member
What widebands are you running and where do you have them installed/placed?
I'm running Zeitronix ZT-3's. The sensors are mounted in the stock location. If I did it over again I would go with the Spartan 14point7. AFAIK they're still the fastest responding.

NoLimitRacing

Established Member
Just asked my tuner if he was familiar with the ms3pro or megasquirt and he said no, although it does look like a good system if I cannot find support for it then I am not going to move forward with it, which is disappointing.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
What made you upgrade to this?
I just reached the end of the road with the factory ECU. Car was making over 1000whp and you are so limited on injectors, MAF, and there was no safeties etc. The factory ECU is just antiquated and limited in so many ways. With the Holley I have closed loop fueling control, no MAF to deal with. I have all kinds of safeties set up that will shut the car down if something happens. Not to mention I have boost by MPH boost control, traction control and I can run big low impedance injectors. The car drives and runs absolutely perfect, I could daily drive it if I wanted. With the Holley and other combo upgrades, it's gone from making 1000 to now 1600whp. I made the switch in 2016 and it's one of the best things I have every done to the car by far.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Just asked my tuner if he was familiar with the ms3pro or megasquirt and he said no, although it does look like a good system if I cannot find support for it then I am not going to move forward with it, which is disappointing.
There are tons of tuners that can work remotely with you. And really the software isn't that hard to figure out. I think GodStang would be a good example. He has a big power car and switched to the MS3 about the same time I did. He had no tuning experience previously and now how has his car running pretty good.

One of the perks to the stand alones is we can send each other our tunes to look over pretty easily. Or work remote. I watched a video where a guy was showing how to set idle on the software. And he was on the other side of the country from the car.

Badaz01

Established Member
I'm in socal and not a fan of any of the local tuners. I've been doing it myself since I first put a Procharger on my 01. There's no need for a dyno anymore. Unless you want numbers.

FWIW, I have the 1050X's and make around 700rwhp on E85 and no pressure issues yet. I don't plan on going for more power any time soon though. Is there a reason you want dual power adders? That 3.0 will make more power than most of us need.

Given your plans you might want to consider a stand alone. Especially if you're going to be tempting fate with dual power adders. It'll also open up your injector options.
Did you have the 1050x injectors on your procharged cobra? How did the idle in low rpms do? I’m about to put in the 1050’s in my set up and I hope street ability improves. I have 80’s in now and it idles funny surges and sometimes when I back out of the garage and pop it in neutral and coast it stalls but only in reverse. Idk.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did you have the 1050x injectors on your procharged cobra? How did the idle in low rpms do? I’m about to put in the 1050’s in my set up and I hope street ability improves. I have 80’s in now and it idles funny surges and sometimes when I back out of the garage and pop it in neutral and coast it stalls but only in reverse. Idk.
I ran 80's in my 01. I managed to get a decent handle on them. But I had a bigger engine in that car so the injectors weren't operating at their very lowest settings. I will say my ID's were way easier to tune. I constantly recommend them to people looking for new injectors.

NoLimitRacing

Established Member
I just reached the end of the road with the factory ECU. Car was making over 1000whp and you are so limited on injectors, MAF, and there was no safeties etc. The factory ECU is just antiquated and limited in so many ways. With the Holley I have closed loop fueling control, no MAF to deal with. I have all kinds of safeties set up that will shut the car down if something happens. Not to mention I have boost by MPH boost control, traction control and I can run big low impedance injectors. The car drives and runs absolutely perfect, I could daily drive it if I wanted. With the Holley and other combo upgrades, it's gone from making 1000 to now 1600whp. I made the switch in 2016 and it's one of the best things I have every done to the car by far.
What holley system do you have?

Users who are viewing this thread