What is a 2009 Shelby GT Worth

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
$12k tops. It’s in the market where parents are looking for their kids first car, and rightfully so.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
$12k tops. It’s in the market where parents are looking for their kids first car, and rightfully so.

don't underestimate the power of boomers who want the shelby name, I agree with the people saying 20-23 grand for the GT with a hood scoop pop riveted into the hood in a way that wrinkles the vinyl stripes. Someone will buy it.

nxhappy

Established Member
you will have to find a IDIOT to pay $25k. The early GT500's are going for 25-30. For a quick sell more realistically the GT would be 15-20k. At 25, it's going to sit for months.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I have a older friend that is thinking about selling his 2009 Shelby GT, not a GT500. I know they are not a fast car but this car has 12,000 miles on it, and it's perfect. Shelby GT's were just a dressed up Mustang GT with stripes and Ford racing shocks and struts. I'm guessing $25,000.00 but I can't find any info about it online, it's almost like they never made them. I think I saw one at the last Mecum action sell for $35,000.00. Thanks for your help.

Is it truly a 2009? I thought the SGT production ended in 2008..........but I could be wrong.

The window has probably closed, but an owner was eligible to send their original SGT back out to Shelby and have it upgraded to a SGT/SC. originally it was a Paxton, but Paxton lost their 50 state cert. for that application back then, so it went to a Whipple or KB upgrade.

R

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Is it truly a 2009? I thought the SGT production ended in 2008..........but I could be wrong.

The window has probably closed, but an owner was eligible to send their original SGT back out to Shelby and have it upgraded to a SGT/SC. originally it was a Paxton, but Paxton lost their 50 state cert. for that application back then, so it went to a Whipple or KB upgrade.

R

The whipple/kb makes for a funner car anyway.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The whipple/kb makes for a funner car anyway.

^^^^^I agree with that. The Paxton was more of a throw back to that S/C option that started in 1966 or 1967 on the GT350. <<Very few of those cars were built, and even fewer are still around today.

R

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
^^^^^I agree with that. The Paxton was more of a throw back to that S/C option that started in 1966 or 1967 on the GT350. <<Very few of those cars were built, and even fewer are still around today.

R
Ah i see. Ive seen one or 2 of those at hot August nights. Very rare indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread