What is a good long lasting tire?

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
I have gotten 7k out of my Nitto Dr's so far and they still have a lot of compound on them. I only got 6K out of the F1's before I could see part of the belt through where the tread should've been.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Originally posted by cobravenom39
I have gotten 7k out of my Nitto Dr's so far and they still have a lot of compound on them. I only got 6K out of the F1's before I could see part of the belt through where the tread should've been.

6k with the belt showing?? You must beat the shit out of those tires. And im assuming those were on the rears. My F1s on the front have 15k on them and still look new. I have DRs on the back. hes looking for a front tire

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
He is looking for front wheels, I dont think that I would buy a set of DR's for the front.

Rick

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Originally posted by RickSvt
He is looking for front wheels, I dont think that I would buy a set of DR's for the front.

Rick

that would be a hell of a ride in the rain :uh oh:

Fuerza

Established Member
I had BFG KDWS tires on my 01 GT. I like them, good tire, long lasting and there made for all weather contidions too.

rezcobra

Established Member
You can get 30,000 on the BFG KDWS on the fronts. They're too hard for traction on the back.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by cobravenom39

Same happened to me. Stock F1s done in 6-7k and first set of 555R 315s lasted about 8-9k. The first half of the 555R tread lasted much longer then the second half.

Originally posted by Juiced46
that would be a hell of a ride in the rain :uh oh:

I run 555RII, which are basically the same as the 555R except for the stronger sidewall and better heat characteristics, on the front in 275 and haven't had any real problems in the rain as long as you slow down below 60 mph.

vipergts281

Established Member
BFG KDW's on the front should last you a long time. I'd say atleast 20,000 miles. Mine were $240 a tire, mounted and balanced. That is for an 18'' rim.

17" rim was $205 a tire, mount and balance.

jshen

Established Member
BFG KDW-S

Great Tires! Should have dumped the F-1s months ago. Switching to the BFGs eliminated the annoying road noise and crappy handling. Mine get better traction on dry and wet pavement..and that's a big plus for all the hp these things have.

BenD

Established Member
That's almost funny!

There is no such thing as a long lasting tire for Cobras only some have a shorter life than others.

03DOHC

Established Member
I have 24K on my F1s so far and I'll probably be looking for tires in the couple thousand. I'll probably go for Kuhmo's when the time comes.

jshen

Established Member
Re: That's almost funny!

Originally posted by BenD
There is no such thing as a long lasting tire for Cobras only some have a shorter life than others.

I don't own stock in BFG...but I am real happy with their tires...Quieter, better handling, wet and dry traction...at a lower cost....You choose...but I don't have to listen to that damned road noise from F-1's anymore......Good luck

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Check TireRack for the Continental ExtremeContact in stock size...275 40 ZR 17. They have a treadwear of 400, which is as good as you can get in a tire that size, plus they are only $120 each. Continental comes as a stock fitment on many German cars, Porsche included. They are not a "cheap" tire like a Goodyear, only inexpensive.

I saw a set on a Jaguar XJR today...sweet car.

RGrossman

Established Member
Pilot Sports are an excellent tire but you will pay for it. I have 12k on my 335s which I got used from a guy and they still have at least 6/32. I'm very happy.

nj7703

Established Member
Has anyone tried the Yokohama AVS ES100's upfront? I need to ditch the F1's upfront soon, and i want something to go with the Nittos out back.

Users who are viewing this thread