What is it worth?

Notorious2409

NO HOPE
Established Member
Ok guys im going to go look at a 100% complete engine out of a 2011 GT500. The engine is being sold by a friend of a friend who told me about it. I dont know much info on this yet other than this guy has a '11 GT500 and and was hit from behind and the car was totaled and i guess he bought the car back from the insurance company and is parting it out.

Im told he has already sold the recaros out of it and and the two front wheels & tires. The car is sitting on jack stands in his driveway. He has all documentaion , title etc.

Im told the guy guarantees the engine is sound and in perfect working order and will put it in writing saying so. The engine is still in the car and will have to be pulled. The car has about 14K miles on it when it was wrecked. I have no clue what i will do with the engine just yet if i do buy this thing but i know if the motor is sound, there is value there.

Im going to go check it out and ask some questions and see what i can see. I asked my friend who is taking me over today to meet this guy what he is looking for as far as price for the motor and he said he wants me to "make an offer"

IF, the motor is what he says it is, what is it worth? Hard to put a fair value on it. But i thought i would make a post and see what some of you guys think.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I wouldn't pay over $10k for it, and that might be high.

It does have 14k miles on it..

mgmustang1

Established Member
10k seems like a fair price as long as all electronics included, but see if you can go lower. If you remember can you ask about the headlights? I need the right side (passenger) factory hid headlight.

trc46

Layer of Pipe
Established Member
I would offer 10k for the complete drivetrain,cooling, and wiring harness setups then flip that for 15k or find a fox body and have it swapped then sell that.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
I would offer 10k for the complete drivetrain,cooling, and wiring harness setups then flip that for 15k or find a fox body and have it swapped then sell that.

This.I would drop it in a fox body if you have the time/patience to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread