What is that a Mig29???

cichlidbob

Established Member
Stewart said:
Nice Cobra and nice background.

To the original poster: If you want me to delete this I will but I just wonder how many people out there have pics with aircraft?

Jet2.gif
nice ride and great pic...please post mre

svtcontour

Established Member
Not sure about that. I thought I heard the Mig 29 was more agile and can get a higher angle of attack so my guess is in a dogfight, given equal pilots, I think the Mig29 is coming out on top over the F15.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
United States Avionics > Russian Avionics...

I get tired of starting up F-15's everyday, they are too loud and the climb up the ladder sucks :)

svtcontour

Established Member
That logic doesnt make any sense. So just because on average, US Aviation is ahead of Soviet, that means that the F15 > Mig29?

Thats like saying American cars are better than Korean cars therefore the Cavalier Z24 > Tiburon GT - which for example it is not.

I looked briefly online and everything said that they are similar with the Mig being a little more responsive in close combat.

ScrpnVNM

Established Member
Lawfficer said:
"No, it's just your data on the Mig is inaccurate....."

TopGun.JPG

:lol: :lol: :lol: aaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha that's some funny sh!t
EDIT: awesome pics! :rockon:

Last edited:

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
svtcontour said:
That logic doesnt make any sense. So just because on average, US Aviation is ahead of Soviet, that means that the F15 > Mig29?

Thats like saying American cars are better than Korean cars therefore the Cavalier Z24 > Tiburon GT - which for example it is not.

I looked briefly online and everything said that they are similar with the Mig being a little more responsive in close combat.

Im basing my opinions on experience. I work on them for a living. There is a reason why the F-15 has never lost a dogfight when engaged in one, or never has been shot down either.

svtcontour

Established Member
Just saying that I've read everywhere that the Mig29 is on par or slightly superior in tight dogfight situations however the US pilots are better skilled. I mean we've never gotten into a dogfight with a russian pilot right? Its always been some 3rd world country's airforce and who knows what training they get.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
svtcontour said:
Just saying that I've read everywhere that the Mig29 is on par or slightly superior in tight dogfight situations however the US pilots are better skilled. I mean we've never gotten into a dogfight with a russian pilot right? Its always been some 3rd world country's airforce and who knows what training they get.

I dont think we have gotten into a trained russian mig pilot, I know they are trained to be by the book and run on a schedule like tactics compared to US Pilots.

Since the demise of the Soviet Union the F-15 avionics and capabilities have taken leaps and bounds over what they used to be, I would go into detail, but that is considered "sensitive" material. Lets face it the average dog fight isnt fought up close these days, first shot 1st kill is usually the winner, if you can see the guy 200+ miles away your probably gonna win.

svtcontour

Established Member
Oh I see. Ok I didnt know that the F15 had moved ahead. I figured it was the same thing as it used to be years and years ago. Never mind then. I'm out of date :) I also didnt think about the fighting situation like you're mentioning. Close up maneuvers are probably not as important then as electronics and things in the planes have more accurate targetting from a distance. I watch too many movies so I was picturing close quarter combat between the planes.

Users who are viewing this thread