what is the best build and still keep a low profile/pass emissions in Texas

Gatti-man

Established Member
hello all. considering a GT or 302 for my next platform. I previously had a c6 that had 480rwhp that sounded reasonably stock under 3k rpm and passed emissions (in Texas that means no codes and no sensors turned off).

are there any options like that for the GT/302?

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Ummm. That's pretty easy. Texas emissions aren't tough. Just no lights and your blinkers work and you pass. Lol

It depends on your goal for the car. 1/4 mile, road race, autocross? NA, nitrous, supercharger, turbo?
These cars can make 500 NA but it ain't cheap. There are several supercharger cars around making 600 (beefcake is making 1000+ on a vortech and can be driven on the street) And there are some new awesome turbo kits out making whatever the heck you want. Texas emissions is not a big hold up. Run highflow cats and you're golden. With most places you can run no cats no problem.

Gatti-man

Established Member
Ummm. That's pretty easy. Texas emissions aren't tough. Just no lights and your blinkers work and you pass. Lol

It depends on your goal for the car. 1/4 mile, road race, autocross? NA, nitrous, supercharger, turbo?
These cars can make 500 NA but it ain't cheap. There are several supercharger cars around making 600 (beefcake is making 1000+ on a vortech and can be driven on the street) And there are some new awesome turbo kits out making whatever the heck you want. Texas emissions is not a big hold up. Run highflow cats and you're golden. With most places you can run no cats no problem.

no cats would kill the gf. high flows are great in my experience. I want a daily drive able low 11 second car.

Sp3edD3m0n

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread