What is the best Throttle Body to get?

bradz2125

Veteran SVT Poster
Established Member
So I'm in the market of a new throttle body and was wondering from anyones experience what choice should I make. I am taking money into consideration but my main concern is Power. Which one will make the most noticable power differece? The three I was thinking about were the Accufab, the Billetflow, and twin 65 BBK. Accufab and Billetflow claim 25 rwhp, and the BBK apparently claims 35 rwhp. Can anyone verify this especially the 35 rwhp cause that sure is a lot for just a throttle body? Thanks I appreciat any help.

Brad

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I haven't dyno'd my Cobra since adding the Accufab TB but I'd sure like to see some documented proof to back up their claims of 25-35 additional rwhp. My SOTP dyno says more like 10 rwhp. Of course I'm not running a pulley or chip so maybe if I was I'd see something closer to their 25-35 claim.

I bought the Accufab simply because it was about $150. cheaper than the Billetflow. I did get a super price on mine. Billetflow's looks a bit nicer (more attention to the little details) and they can personalize your throttle body, but the cash savings for a pretty much equal product is what rendered my decision to go with Accufab.

AMB

Established Member
The BBK TB is cheaper, it does not require a new intake manifold; but requires some modification to the stock manifold. The flow is less than either the Accufab or Billetflow.

AMB

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
basically, except for the BBK, the billetflow and acufab flow the same. But billetflow can get you one in a different color and write whatever you want on the throttle body to customize it. Go with billetflow.

Fiveohdean

Established Member
I went from 494/536 to 511/550 STD with the Accufab TB & Inlet. Increase was across the entire rpm range. As an added bonus my idle improved greatly as well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by KevinJKD
But billetflow can get you one in a different color and write whatever you want on the throttle body to customize it. Go with billetflow.
Just bear in mind that customizing adds a charge. And the colors are limited to four I think. Do this right by seeing each product in person (check your local cruises/shows or find other SVTPerformance folks in your area) and then compare price and product. You'll be much happier because you made the decision based on what you saw with your own eyes. I didn't get to see the BBK piece but did see the Billetflow and Accufab. I wasn't all that interested in a color anodized TB nor with custom lettering. My preference was for a polished TB and polished plenum. Whichever you choose I hope you're as happy as I am.

Good luck.
:burnout:

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
My Billetflow unit added 18 rwhp and 5 rwtq at peek after a new chip burn to compensate for the added airflow (a/f was off by about .8- 1.0)

As is usually the case, peak numbers are misleading. TQ peak was brodened by about 400 rpm and TQ drop-off, especially above 5k, was much more gradual than before. HP curve was largely unchanged until ~ 4k; then the new HP curve went higher, faster, than before and kept going up all the way to redline (the tuner said my combo's optimum shift point is around 6,200 rpm).

Dierz

Established Member
BBK? Dude the stock plenum is so small. Accufab & Billet Flow comes with new plenum so no stressing on the plenum being small. Also past test on the Lightnings they found that the stock plenums were not up to the task to give the Supercharger enough air in high rpm.

Call Brothers to back up what they sell. Buy the set but if the numbers dont match the claim after a dyno pull tell them u want full refund including no BS stocking price.

By the way the BBK TPS senser is to advanced. Making ur right foot force the Gas pedle. Got the Accufab & sweet. Barely touch it & get the RPM's up....its so light that even my sisters gas pedle on her Honda feels heavy.

So due the math.

NightEnforcer

Established Member
Throttle Body

I bought an Accufab with polished plenum from South Florida Pulley. They are running a special. Great price and great service, tough combo to beat.

I just installed it last night. Easy install. Works great. No question it increased the torque. My son and I could feel the difference in the seat of the pants. The throttle response is also greatly improved.

It gets my vote.

trey193

Established Member
I know the Accufab works, I raced a good frind of mine with his only mod over mine being the Accufab and his car would walk mine through 3-4, noticeably stronger upstairs!!! Needless to say I went out and got me the Accufab setup the next week!;-)

Users who are viewing this thread